Question pentium 4 vs athlon 64

I wish to change the processor my machine and the motherboard and i don't know which is better pentium 4 478 or pentium 4 775 and athlon 64.
    Anyone know any web site with a benchmark with them?.
    Any suggestion?
    I prefer athlon 64 but now those processor dosen't have a lot of L2 cache level.thanks in advance.

Well cost wise AMDs are always better however I have been an intel user for live therefore would always prefer paying the extra couple of bucks and going with them. Having said that this is only personal preference and I have heard nothing but good things about their 64 bit line of processors...

MY NEXT SYSTEM WILL BE A 64 BIT AMD , IF THIS HELPS

You cant really compare cache sizes directly anyways. AMD's tend to run just as fine on a smaller cache as an intel does with a larger cache.

Depending on what you will be using the box for, different processors perform differently.

There was a paragrpah in a UK mag recently. A P4 had to be overclocked to 5Ghz to be able to keep up with the AMD's when flat out. Also they are cheaper so I would go AMD

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Athlon 64 is quite fast for a desktop. It's more than clock speed, it's the depth of the pipeline.

This is why the PowerPC (RISC) G4 beats the Pentium IV at half the clock speed.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120