what type of package for audio/video streaming site?

I'm keeping an eye out for a new dedicated server to host my new audio/video streaming site. What sort of package should I look for? Dual Xeon 2GB RAM? or 4GB RAM? etc.

Thanks in advance!

Depends on how many people are watching simultaneously etc
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Streaming media is largely dependent on the network card and ram. I have some streaming servers dishing out over 10,000 32k streams and run at <5% cpu (this is a windows media server, but i'd imagine others work similar). You want to make sure you have an intel NIC as they give the best performance.

The only other factor is what kind of streaming you are doing. There is a difference in load between on demand and a live stream. I must admit I am more familiar with live streaming, so I cannot give comments for on demand streaming which would seem to rely more on disk access.
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

You don't need a real powerful machine for streaming, a fast network port and fast harddisks so something like a 100mbps port with SCSI drives would be nice.

thanks for the insight guys, mine will be a site where users can upload funny clips and share it with the public. Viewers just browse the site and watch the clips