Thread: Invoices

Invoices

Hello Guys,

Does any of here willing to share their invoices they sent to their customers? I have a very simple looking invoices which I am not pleased with.

I am looking for normal monthly invoices as well as extra charges invoices too. Any idea where I can atleast get an idea from.

Salam,
    -Omair
    36Host.com - reliable & affordable web hosting
    * Providing Affordable Small Business Web Hosting since 2003! *

Re: Invoices

Originally posted by Omair Haroon
    Hello Guys,

Does any of here willing to share their invoices they sent to their customers? I have a very simple looking invoices which I am not pleased with.

I am looking for normal monthly invoices as well as extra charges invoices too. Any idea where I can atleast get an idea from.

Salam,
    -Omair
    Well, you can get a simple (but useful) invoice template from for example Microsoft Office, or similar system.

I would suggest you to simply check out the laws in your country regarding invoices - they most often have a specific requirement of what to list on an invoice (and what not).
    Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
    jens@mermaidconsulting.dk,
    http://www.mermaidconsulting.com/

Hello Guys,

Salam,
    -Omair
    Use QuickBooks.. It has a built in invoice creation ...

Hello,

jks: The invoice that Ms Office provides with are not suitable for Hosting needs. Also, I have contacted the lawyer and he told me that the price, the object and the date should be on the invoice.

OKIHOST: I don't have Quick Books. Any other people using customized solutions for billing systems that can share their invoices format?

Salam,
    -Omair

Any idea where I can atleast get an idea from.
    Check this one out mate. It's excellent.

http://www.widgetmonkey.com/app.php?id=14

Cheers

Gary

Thanks for the link Gary. But that's another simple invoice like I have.

I am looking for a professional looking invoice. Maybe some hosting companies if possible can post their invoice they sent to their hosting customers.

Salam,
    -Omair

You're looking to send out invoices by snail mail, then? And you really do mean an invoice (for monies due), not just a receipt, right?
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Hello bitserve,

No not through snail mail. Yeah basically I am looking for receipts you send to your customers requesting them to pay for next month payment.

Salam,
    -Omair

This is what we send out to our customers when their payment is due:

Dear eMegaWeb.net Hosting Member: Your web hosting payment is due soon.

Jump Start Package: 1 Month ($11.95), 3 months ($30), 6 months ($50), 12 months ($90)
    Value Package: 1 Month ($23), 3 months ($58), 6 months ($97), 12 months ($174)
    Get additional file transfer, the ability to use databases, ASP support, easy sub domain setup, and much more.
    Professional Package: 1 Month ($31), 3 months ($78), 6 months ($130), 12 months ($234)

Account: XXXXXXXXXX
    Payment due by: XXXXXXXXXX

If payment is not received before the end of your service term, the service will be discontinued until payment is received and deposited, at which time the service will be reactivated. Pricing on the 3 month, 6 month, and annual service terms are based on fulfilling the entire contract. If you choose to cancel your service prior to the completion of the service term, you will be billed the month-to-month fee for the number of months you already used the service.

- Credit Card (Recommended Method)
    We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. Please go to the following URL to enter credit card information.

http://www.emegaweb.net/billing.htm

Your credit card statement will read eMegaWeb.com. If you decide to sign up for the 6 month hosting plan or the 12 month hosting plan, we will bill your credit card in 90 day intervals for the duration of the hosting plan you select.

- Check or Money Order
    More information at http://www.emegaweb.net/billing.htm

If you would like an invoice sent to you in the mail please request one. We only send them on request to reduce costs. If you have any questions regarding the payment please send a message to support@emegaweb.net

Do you have a problem or question about your website? Here's how to get help:

If you can't find the answer to your question in our comprehensive help area, feel free to ask our helpful customer support representatives at: http://www.emegaweb.net/customersupport.htm

We offer 24/7 tech support to all of our members over the phone. You can call our digital answering service at 803-356-1981 or leave a voice message at 303-379-2030. When calling technical support make sure you have your account name and password ready to tell a representative.

Suggestions - To make a suggestion on how we can improve our service.
    Compliments - If you have had a good experience with our service, please tell us about it at.
    Complaints - If something does not work as you think it should or if you have a bad experience with our service, we want to know about it as soon as possible so we can fix the problem.
    http://www.emegaweb.net/customersupport.htm

We want to provide the best online experience possible. If our services don't meet your expectations, we request the opportunity to respond to your concerns. However, if you decide to no longer be a part of eMegaWeb.net Web Hosting Solutions, you can click here to turn off your web site and remove yourself from our service: https://emegaweb.net:8443
    eMegaWeb.com - Everything you need to build your web site

Hello bitserve,

No not through snail mail. Yeah basically I am looking for receipts you send to your customers requesting them to pay for next month payment.
    My name's Mark. And how professional and unsimple can a plain text invoice get?
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Hello Kevler,

Thanks for your post. Can I use your invoice as a template(though would make few changes to it accordingly) if you don't mind?

Salam,
    -Omair
    Last edited by Omair Haroon; 03-20-2002 at 03:02 PM.

I use Quickbooks (QB) and it has it's own invoice & tracking. If you have employees, use the QB deluxe payroll service (not the cheapest, but fair) & they'll send you QB for free. If you sign up soon, they are sending out 2002 in April. (I don't work for QB but I find their payroll system to be painless & I like to do everything myself).

Hello e5p1der,

Well, I have 2 employees but they are paid on monthly basis not hourly. So I don't need a payroll system.

Care to post a sample invoice QB creates for your clients?

Salam,
    -Omair
    Last edited by Omair Haroon; 03-20-2002 at 03:04 PM.

Sure, go ahead :-)
    eMegaWeb.com - Everything you need to build your web site

Thanks a lot Kevler.

Salam,
    -Omair

Lightbulb

Go to http://tekmanproductions.com/ & get a free download of TekBooks.
    It is a free invoicing software for hosting companies with lots of features.
    I have used it for over a year now with no complaints.
    Thanks,
    James Taylor

Marc, just read your thread for bitserver. Sorry to hear about that.

We have implemented the myInvoices PHP scripts and they are working fine for us. We were able to incorporate them into 2checkout.com and add an auto re-occuring code to it.

If you are going to be sending online invoices, then myINVOICE is the best way to go. I believe Gary gave the url:

http://www.widgetmonkey.com/app.php?id=14

If you are going to be sending both online and offline invoices, we also recommend and endorse QuickBooks 2002 PRO. Intuit's software is just remarkable and they even incorporated the ability for your customer to send payment via PayPal. PayPal isn't too great of a company right now, but its there

Go to Inuit's Website for more information
    http://www.shopintuit.com/Store/Prod...emSourceID=601

ARTENA, just to let you know I think the signature limit is four lines. Might want to change that before Chicken has to.

Originally posted by DWood
    ARTENA, just to let you know I think the signature limit is four lines. Might want to change that before Chicken has to.
    Yikes! Didn't catch that. Thanks for letting me know.

I wrote my own script to keep track of my customers (hosting, dedicated, domain registrations) and do the invoicing/processing payments. Also during tax season, all I do is export to PeachTree. =)

Here's a few a screenshots of it..

Order form Top,Bottom

View invoices (client side)

View invoices (admin)

View individual invoice (admin)

Edit invoice (admin)

View hosting clients (admin)

hmmmm.... you willing to make that available to other people (ie- us)?
    Originally posted by acetate
    I wrote my own script to keep track of my customers (hosting, dedicated, domain registrations) and do the invoicing/processing payments. Also during tax season, all I do is export to PeachTree. =)

Here's a few a screenshots of it..

Order form Top,Bottom

View invoices (client side)

View invoices (admin)

View individual invoice (admin)

Edit invoice (admin)

View hosting clients (admin)

We're also using the Quickbooks Invoicing system. It keeps things simple and we don't have to use seperate programs for invoicing and accounting.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

Originally posted by Smirks
    hmmmm.... you willing to make that available to other people (ie- us)?
    Well... Yes.. But it wont be for awhile since it's integrated with my whole website and I would need recode it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Timothy
    Well.. I agree it is simple but time consuming to have to write up
    100's of invoices a day, while all I need to do is just click on a few buttons and all my payments are processed and the invoices are created and sent out.

Out of curiosity, In QuickBooks is invoicing limited to sending via e-mail only or is there an option for them to be viewed online?