View Poll Results: Will you pre-order, and get the ps3 when it comes out?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defenatly! YES!

13 30.95%
  • No, to expensive, going to wait till the price comes down!

12 28.57%
  • No, i dont want it...

17 40.48%

Will you pre-order, and get the ps3 when it comes out?

Will you pre-order, and get the ps3 when it comes out?

im not much into gaming...

and if I do, I make sure its on the computer...

I really used to like nientedo and sega gensis, but thats when I used to be alittle kid..

the last I ever played was n64/ps

i love computer games thou

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I'd be interested in it once linux is running on it....

Nope... Wont waste my earnings to a gaming console

I'd rather invest on my Pc and stuff but not PS3..
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

I can safely saw no matter how good it looks i wouldnt pre order it, its not like they will sell out of them they will know roughly how many they will sell, and besides id rather wait a while until there cheaper.
    -Naz

PC games have been more fun to me and I like being able to play games online without paying Microsoft a fee.

Originally posted by nickn
    I can't count on one hand the amount of spelling/grammar errors in this post. Ouch.

However, yes, I will be purchasing the PS3 and the xbox360 when it comes out..pre-order most likely on both.
    buying both?

someone has too much spare time/money..

I'll wait for the revised version of the PS3 with less bugs...

I probably won't buy the ps3, but I'll buy both the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo revolution.

I am planning to buy PS2. Last video game consol I had was 12 years ago and it was 8bit gaming control.

I stay in bombay india and gaming consoles arrive after some time here so no chance of me getting PS3 even if i want to.
    * `*:. .:*` * ~ X-Max ~ * `*:. .:*` *
    I love Wikipedia.

Might give the PS3 a go but it is still far far away...

Im preordering the Xbox instead. I can't wait!

OK, I'm a dope but can somebody tell me the expected release dates for the PS3 and the Xbox 360?
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

xbox 360... some time this holiday season... so november. PS3 and Nintendo Revolution... spring of '06

Yes, definitely. I've been buying Sony's game consoles for a long time (well, to put it simply, I bought Playstation, Playstation 2, and will buy Playstation 3 ). I've also been lucky that none of the consoles have been faulty. I still possess an original PS2, even with some heavy usage.

There are also some games I think are best played on the PS2/3 and some that are exclusive to it, too. All in all, Sony hardly ever disappoint.
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

Right now I have all three systems now (Gamecube/PS2/Xbox) but I doubt I will jump on any of them right away, heck I just got a PS2 last xmas when I picked it up for $99 bucks.. I just don't play enough to justify paying $300 for a system when it will be $150 a few years down the road.

Since the prices haven't even been released, there is no way I can answer this question. It could be $100 to $1,000... only guesses, and rumours.

Its quite hard to answer a question, when you have no idea how much it will be
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

I do not think that I will be pre-ordering any gaming systems. I tend to stick to my strategy games on the PC and occassionally play some first person shooters.

Of course there are nights when we have guy night, get sloshed and play video games for hours... in that case XBOX and PS rule.

Im getting XBOX 360 in september/october (before it comes out!). Only because it's free for me. I'm not going to invest a lot into it, and not going to buy a ton of games. I'll buy the PS3 the day it becomes available locally. I won't overspend to get prioritized, and I won't pre-order, or pay shipping etc.. I'll get it when I get it. I do like the PS3 a lot though, but if I have the XBOX 360 to tie me over, i'll just wait for the best chance to snag it Im putting up a budget of $2,000 to spend on PS3, for the system, accessories, and games. Can't wait

Originally posted by RealtorHost
    Since the prices haven't even been released, there is no way I can answer this question. It could be $100 to $1,000... only guesses, and rumours.

Its quite hard to answer a question, when you have no idea how much it will be
    it should be around $400.
    * `*:. .:*` * ~ X-Max ~ * `*:. .:*` *
    I love Wikipedia.

I'll never support the playstation.

Originally posted by The Islander
    I'll never support the playstation.
    Why?

The PS3 will start off really expensive and then it will get cheap quite quick.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

There's really no point in mentioning whether or not you'll buy PS3 or not. Sony's estimating a late 2006 Release.

plexone.. you mean.. "early", or atleast "middle" 2006.. not late.

"Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) provided the first detailed specifications of its next-generation PlayStation 3 games console on Tuesday and said it plans to launch the device during the first half of 2006."
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

I might get the Xbox 360, PS3 I don't think so
    ^_^

This poll seems to coincide with popular theory regarding game consoles. The theory says that out of any given population interested in buying a game console, 40-50% will buy it within a month or two of its launch, with sales slowly tapering off thereafter. Within 1-2 years, it'll add the other 50%. At some point, the market becomes saturated (that's when you'll see the $149 price point or less), as at that point, pretty much everyone who is going to buy one has already bought one.

I have a PS2 and I'll probably buy a PS3, but I waited 2+ years after the PS2 came out to buy it, and I imagine the PS3 will be similar.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

I personally believe that the PS3 can only hope to be as powerful or maybe a little more powerful than the XBox. So when the new XBox comes out, it's the most powerful games console that will be avilable on market, and will STILL be even more powerful so I'm saving my money and waiting 'til then