landing page question??

Hello-

I recently was burned by datapacket and have switched to new a hosting company. The thing is, I am a student and fairly new to this. The problem I am having is, my page, digitism.com is still not working. I switched the name servers at godaddy to point to the new name servers and placed an index page. I still get error, digitism.com not found.

I sent them a ticket and they said everything looks correct and it should be working so they closed the ticket. Do I need to cancel my hosting subscription with datapacket or what? If that is the case, I don't know how that is going to work since I prepaid for the year.

I used to host with godaddy, but I switched to datapacket. I was paying month to month at godaddy. I had the same problem when I switched form them to datapacket, but after I cancelled with godaddy everything worked ok.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
    Mike

If your webpage is just one simple form it's working here.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

yes it is just a simple form to see if things were working. If you see it i wonder why I can't. I have tried from my pc and my laptop and get the "page not found error."

Name Server changes can take up to 72 hours to fully propgate the internet.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

so what you mean is, it may take up to 72 hours for the entire internet to be able to see it? that is why you see the page correctly and I get an error?

Name server info does not propogate. But your ISP's DNS may take a while to update itself. Try doing a host/nslookup against yourISP/hosts dns servers and see what you get. It might just be a cache issue that will resolve itself shortly.

I'm not sure what is making you say that name server information does not propgate. You are actually counterdicting yourself. Your ISP updating it DNS tables is exactly what propogation is.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

I can get there and enter data in the form.
    Digital Offensive
    http://www.digitaloffensive.com
    Take an offensive approach to Security know what your foes know!

thanks for the help everyone. it is functioning ok now. just took awhile for the name server info to propogate, like justadollarhostin said.

Thanks again!