apache/php question

i have setup wamp on a laptop for display of a website at a conference. anyway it uses a content management system, and i have got it working but i want it to load subpages which are of the order pageid=281 and it isn't loading them. its only loading the default page for the "if no page id loaded" statement. So i think its not parsing the url or reading it correctly for when i access default.php?pageid=281

are there any extra lines i need to add to php or apache for it to do this? as i haven't encountered this before.

If the CMS installed fine it should be ok. Take a look at the apache error log and see what it says.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

nothing, already checked that. It just doesn't seem to be recognising anything past the ?

ie when i load default.php?PageID=281 it just loads default.php which in the php code it says to do if no page id is entered.

What do you use in the code to access the pageid variable?

It is $_GET['pageid'] or $HTTP_GET_VARS['pageid'] or just $pageid?

If you use $HTTP_GET_VARS and are using PHP5 you need to enable "register_long_arrays" in your php.ini.

If you are just using $pageid then you need to enable "register_globals" in your php.ini

Although I recommend modifying the code (if this is a CMS you developed) to use the $_GET and $_POST variables.