Arrow Mid-West Servers

im looking for a good solid network ran out of mid-west anywhere.... like Kansas... Chicago and where in the middle of the USA even middle of canada is good.. i need LOw pricing and a goood solid network for gaming.. price range in around $130-150 tops the cheaper the better for a decent machine... no addons needed just 400GB b/w tops. i need opinions and experience with networks that are good for gaming and no spikes or lagg and good pings.
    Upright Hosting Web Hosting
    Capital Gaming Game Servers
    Professional - Quality - Satisfaction

Hi,

I use Ubiquity Hosting. They are housed in the TeamNET datacenter in Iowa. I love Ubiquity, they are great. If you email sales they can give you test files and IPs.

EDIT: Forgot their address, http://ubiquityhosting.com
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    -- W.W. Ziege

Wholesale Internet is in Kansas City I think and for Chicago steadfast and servercentral are good options

www.SteadfastNetworks.com - Chicago. A++ Network for Gaming, really... it dosen't get any better in terms of pings/performance.

0 loss/0 choke 24/7

My ping from Jersey is usually under 40 at all times... Usually high 20s
    Last edited by viGeek; 05-17-2005 at 04:28 PM.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

wow ZComm Daniel this place looks REALLY good with internap bandwidth im pinging 41 from New Jersey and iam verrry impressed.. you run any game servers on it?

There are lots of great mid-west providers. I would suggest a company like ThePlanet as they are central U.S. and have lots of connections to the major networks.

UprightHosting,

I'm afraid I don't run any gameservers. However, I run IRC networks which really need low latency to be able to stay connected to the rest of the network. I would bet Game Servers would do just fine with Ubiquity.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    -- W.W. Ziege

UprightHosting,

Definitely a second recommendation for steadfastnetworks - very decent, good speed and affordable.

That said there are a lot of great providers around - check into a few and test their speed

Some may already have gaming servers running on their networks that they will point you to to test - ask!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

they seem to be all sold out... any other way of getting one?

UprightHosting,

I don't think they have much in the realm of resellers - look into a few providers while waiting.

I also had to wait about three weeks before a box was available at steadfast for me.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Make sure to contact steadfast, I don't think they keep the in stock numbers updated on their website.

I would try and get a company such as fdcservers.net with dDos mitigation for an irc network. Best of luck

FDC servers certainly have their uses but it would not be a very good choice for gaming.

He said it would mainly be used for irc network.

RandyT,

Upright asked me about Ubiquity's network for game servers, and I replied saying i use my box on their network for IRC, he wants use for gameservers.
    -- W.W. Ziege

Whoops I was in a rush when writing that, I didnt read who posted it. Sorry for the confusion

serveraxis colocates at steadfast.