Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vodahost ?

Vodahost ?

Hi, I accidentaly found Vodahost.com offer: 5 Gigs space and 200 GB of transfer for... $7.95.
    Yes, I know, too good to be true, but... on their forum admin responds very quickly, they are heavily advertising they services via unusual way (e.g. via "free" WYSIWYG editor BlueVoda) and nothing can be found about them here, at WHT. Does anyone know anything about this company?
    <!-- insert your signature here -->
      0 Not allowed!

Very good offer

It is a very good offer. The hosting company that I have my site offer 150 GB transfer, 1.5 GB storage and JSP's too, but for 20$.

I'm very happy with them, all works fine and the support is excelent. So 150, 200 GB for shared hosting is possible and reliable. The difference is the price, may be, 8$ is not very much to give a good service.

If you don't want waste 20$ try the new hosting company and then give us your opinion

Saludos.
    Free anonymous web proxy.
    Get, Post, Https allowed for free.

http://www.kproxy.com
      0 Not allowed!

Not recommended

I wouldn't recommend you to use this host service. It looks professional, but it managed by one person (Mario Dorizas), who make all of the work, and he is very unfriendly when you have rejects, sometimes he behaves in brutality. Site may be unstable.
    Their policy is not clear. Try to check their service before paying money.
      0 Not allowed!

Check the Vodahost terms of service.....scary stuff.

The "customer reccomendations" are also clearly fake.

I would avoid any one individual who pretends to be multi-million pound hosting company and fills their home site with, well, lies frankly.

Personally, I have no issue with small scale companies - if they are honest!

I'd also avoid any company that admits to using tools like web-bugs and clear gifs in e-mails, and include various misleading "we won't (but we might) send you spam" clauses in their contracts.
      0 Not allowed!

Never heard about them before, there are no topics related to VodaHost here on WHT either.

Try searching on google.
      0 Not allowed!

it loooks as if they are overselling offering 200gb transfer
      0 Not allowed!

It’s a shame really that I have to defend my self against “Tregaron” which
    I never met in my life calling me a liar on the internet. But Hey, free
    speech is free speech and I would not have it any other way.

We have dozens of fantastic customer testimonials in our community
    forum if your bored and want a good read.

Using clear gifs in e-mails in our promotional emails is nothing new.
    companies have been doing it for years. Its used to track the open rate
    Of our online marketing campaigns.

The new thing we are doing is telling people through our policy of full
    disclosure that we track the productivity of our online marketing. We
    are predominantly a Christian web hosting company and we like to
    Keep things clean. We specialize in church sites.

We get over 2000 opt-in email per day for people who want to download
    our fantastic website builder Called BlueVoda. Visit the site and download
    it your self you will be very impressed.

I can understand a bit of jealousy due to the high quality of our
    site and due to the fact that we are one of only a half dozen web
    hosting companies in the world have their own downloadable
    website builder. But name calling is not very nice and very
    unchristian.

The reason we can offer such a fantastic hosting offer is because 98%
    of our customers use our proprietary website builder that when a website
    that is built with BlueVoda is uploaded to our server it is compressed at a 3:1 ratio.
    and we pass the savings on to the customer.

Our server contracts allow 3000 gb transfer per server per
    month. And if we need extra its only costs $0.50 per gb. So offering 200 gb is not
    unreasonable when you take into account
    that the average client Uses no more than 1-3 gb per month.

God Bless you All and in case your wondering, God bless you to Tregaron

<Signature Edited - See signature guidelines>
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 05-26-2005 at 02:03 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

It is not right to critise a company with which you are not having any experience but if you have the personal experience with some good and may be bad experience then you can critise.

It is a general recommendation for any of the web site user to check with the TOS and AUP of the host before they host with them. Also SLA will provide the brief outline of the services which a potential client is guaranteed to receive. This will give us an idea as to what is the exact terms with which the company will function.
      0 Not allowed!

CONGRATULATIONS!
    I HAVE DOWNLOADED BLUEVODA AND MUST SAY AM VERY SATISFIED.EVEN THOUGH I HAD MY DOUBTS IN THE BEGINING,THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS MADE IT SO EASY FOR ME TO CONSTRUCT MY DOMAIN.I RECOMEND ANYONE WITH A BUSSINESS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BLUEVODA'S OFFER.I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY FEW ARE HAVING PROBLEMS,AFTER GOING THROUGH THE TUTORIOLS HAD MY WEBSITE MADE IN NO TIME.
    THANK YOU BLUEVODA
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by webster13045
    it loooks as if they are overselling offering 200gb transfer
    And according to everyone on WHT you would also be overselling:
    1,500MB Disk Space
    Unlimited E-mail Act
    30GB Transfer

for 3.95

It all depends on the infrastructure behind the pricing/specs. - nothing to do with sheer amount (or lack of it).
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HP-David
    And according to everyone on WHT you would also be overselling:
    1,500MB Disk Space
    Unlimited E-mail Act
    30GB Transfer

for 3.95

It all depends on the infrastructure behind the pricing/specs. - nothing to do with sheer amount (or lack of it).

that is fare from overselling.and the fact is that can be offerd because more resources are added when needed.
      0 Not allowed!

The way I see it over selling web hosting resources is a common
    and acceptable practice if..

1) You have the infrastructure to back up your claims
    2) You have the financial resources back up your claims

I would really like to know what you guys average customer disk
    consumption is on a per account basis. We are averaging less then
    15 mb per account. Which is far below what we are offering.

Saying that, if a customer came along and wanted to use the full
    5000 mb we would be legally and morally obligated to provide
    that space.

That’s the whole beauty of marketing on a resources of scale
    basis.

Mario
    --------------------------------
    PS.. IOSJames is a 90 year old customer of ours who found this thread
    in Google and came to our defence. He then promptly telephoned Sarah
    our customer support manager to tell her what he did.

We made him promise not to make any more posts. But he is a very kind
    old man and his heart was in the right place.
    Last edited by voda1; 05-26-2005 at 12:07 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Vodahost, Vidahost, heh. Hi!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vidahost
    Vodahost, Vidahost, heh. Hi!
    Classic hehe.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing
      0 Not allowed!

Hello My Friend,

I like your site. now all we need is a vadahost, vedahost and vudahost and we got all the vowels covered.

M
      0 Not allowed!

I thought of VodaPhone when I read VodaHost... just my two cents.
      0 Not allowed!

Voda is a old eastern european word for water.
      0 Not allowed!

BE AWARE !!!

I'm totally agree with Tregaron. I recommend you to avoid VodaHost and especially it's owner. I recently had very unpleasant experience dealing with him.

He created a net of lies, many self-recommendations under different user names, some review sites like "redsreviews", which makes him #1, but owned by himself. He bans users who have any rejects from his forum.

His BlueVoda web-builder is just an entrapment for begginers, which is advertised like "free" software, but does not leave you any option to publish your site on other host, except his "VodaHost". You will not find any explanation near download links.

He is also very unpleasant, brutal and abuses customers. Yes, it hard to believe, but it's true. I would also recommend to look on internet for his dark history (looks like I'm not the only one who suffered from his barbarian behavior). I don't understand how people continue to deal with him (maybe due to his net of lies).

Avoid this site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jigalov; 05-26-2005 at 03:14 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Jigalov is a Israeli who calls him self “Zak The Master Computer Hack”.
    He started about a week ago asking for a free hosting account
    and he has just escalated. Now he wants $1000 per month to stop
    his harassment campaign.

He just called and said he has five full time people on all the review sites,
    He even offered the service of his team to write positive reviews for the above
    money. He said if I don’t pay he will continue his negative campaign.

He also proceeded to say that he will send out spam and spoof my companies
    email address and by the time I clean up all the mess he has caused my servers
    will be black listed around the world. I have notified the data center we use
    to beef up its security.

I really can’t believe this. I thought people like this only exist in the movies.
    Im not paying a penny!
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I recently signed up with vodahost. This what i have to say.

Even i was a bit reluctant to sign up, but the features were great and i couldnt find any other hosting plan which met my requirements for this price.

Regarding customer support, the maximum time taken by these guys to answer me has been 4hrs (this was at around 4am EST) over a weekend. the quickest was around 20mins(for the problem to be solved, got a reply within 10-12mins) over a weekday.

I think these guys are good at what they do.
    I have just started, so if i have any issues i'll post them too.

Deez

PS: If you guys have'nt seen webhosting.info, have a look at it. Im not sure about the accuracy of the data but i think one can get a rough idea on how a hosting company is doing
    Last edited by deez; 05-31-2005 at 03:33 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by voda1
    It’s a shame really that I have to defend my self against “Tregaron” which I never met in my life calling me a liar on the internet. But Hey, free speech is free speech and I would not have it any other way.

Yes, great isn't it? Actually, I apologise for the blunt wording. I've just been burnt by a host who used similar 'tactics', which may have coloured my opinion somewhat.

We have dozens of fantastic customer testimonials in our community forum if your bored and want a good read.

I think my point was that the large, prominent banners all over your site which purport to be real pictures of real customers and their testimonials are clearly not. They are clipart.

Using clear gifs in e-mails in our promotional emails is nothing new. companies have been doing it for years.

Again, my point was to advise the unsuspecting punter that in my opinion (only mine, your mileage may vary), this is an indicator of a broader allegiance to "questionable" marketing techniques. Just because lots of companies do it, doesn't make it a good thing to do. It's a privacy issue - if your customers want to respond to marketing campaigns, they should choose how to do so. THAT is the measure of ROI (not eyeballs). Web Bugs are controversial - see Google or http://news.com.com/2100-1017-243077.html?legacy=cnet

I can understand a bit of jealousy due to the high quality of our site

I'm not jealous. It's a nice site, but picking holes would be easy (e.g. "Please Address all correspondence and enquires as follows....." from your contact details page). It's a lack of attention to detail on a host's own homepage which objectively is a legitimate indicator, in the absence of experience, I agree.

God Bless you All and in case your wondering, God bless you to Tregaron

I wasn't wondering, but thank you for the courtesy.

Take care, and may your God go with you.
      0 Not allowed!

Sticks and Stones
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by deez

Regarding customer support, the maximum time taken by these guys to answer me has been 4hrs (this was at around 4am EST) over a weekend. the quickest was around 20mins(for the problem to be solved, got a reply within 10-12mins) over a weekday.
    okay, I'm a new customer at vodahost. I didn't like it the first day I ordered the plan because:

1) I signed up for the affiliate program first (very attractive compensation plan, I must say) and received a mail a few days later saying that I can purchase an account using my own affiliate link and earn commission. Sure enough, I was enticed by the offer and ordered it.... But, no sales were recorded in my affiliate panel. I brought this up to the tech support (which is basically just Mario and Sarah) and they said my purchase was taken up as a sale for another affiliate. I was extremely disappointed because I specifically used my own, and the stats at the affiliate account showed that I had clicked my own affiliate link. They just keep saying it's another person's affiliate id.

2) Yes, support is super fast. But the responses are never helpful. I also noticed that they repond fast for the first ticket, then slacks at the follow-ups. The following is one of the tickets I opened:

ME:
    Posted on 01 Oct 2005 07:30 PM

Hello

What is the base diretory for public_html? e.g. usr/localhost/public_html

----

SUPPORT:
    Posted on 02 Oct 2005 05:30 AM

Hi Winnie,

Why?

----
    ME:
    Posted on 02 Oct 2005 08:42 AM

It's for a mod/plugin that I'm adding for my wordpress

----
    SUPPORT:
    Posted on 04 Oct 2005 03:42 AM

Hi Winnie,

The base directory for the public_html is:

/home/(your cPanel username)/public_html

-----

I thought I had made it clear enough what I wanted. But they came back with "why?", I thought it was time-wasting.

One thing you should note is that vodahost is targetted mostly at bluevoda users (people fairly new at web designing). You can find tutorials and knowledge base on mostly basic stuff. But when it comes to something related to cgi, php, etc... there's not a lot to find out at the forums.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by voda1

Our server contracts allow 3000 gb transfer per server per
    month. And if we need extra its only costs $0.50 per gb. So offering 200 gb is not unreasonable when you take into account
    that the average client Uses no more than 1-3 gb per month.
    so consider this fact. you are putting over 2000-3000 clients per server with unlimited domains. i hope the server don't crash or you will have alot of unhappy clients.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

As far as I know, VodaHost is a bad "company". They offer poor services and aim at customers that use 1-5% of what they have to offer. A friend of mine had a website hosted with them but vodahost owner deleted everything he had on his server becouse he was using too much of their bandwidth. It was all in his limits - it was like 30GB out of 300GB they offer but he made some new rule up in their TOS (terms of service) and deleted everything.

This guy who owns vodahost (Mario Dorizas) claims they invested thousands of dollars into their "super duper" piece of software called BlueVoda. Well, it appears to be he invested about a $100 into the whole thing. He bought the program on some freelance developer website - I have a link and a screenshot in case the link won't work, to proove that.

here you go:
    How BlueVoda was made
    http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/8420.html

and another one
    http://www.codelance.com/cgi-bin/cod...?id=1100652370

the BlueVoda chronicles
    http://www.scriptmaking.com/cgi-bin/...?id=1100652688

oh yeah, and here is one about Mario Dorizas:
    Who is this man anyway?
    http://www.crimeshare.net/48.html

So basically, VodaHost and BlueVoda is just a SCAM, don't go with them people. He claims they have god knows how many customers, but it's all been made up. His forum is full of posts made by him and each and every website you find on that forum sucks. One would expect that there should be at least one good website on his entire server?!?

There are a lot of people out there that have been cheated by Mario Dorizas and his VodaHost so take my advice, stay away from them!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast