Cancer shock for Kylie Minogue

KYLIE Minogue has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has cancelled her Australian tour, the Frontier Touring company said today.

Her management said that while at home in Melbourne with her family this week befor her Australian Showgirl Tour, Minogue was diagnosed with early breast cancer.

She would undergo immediate treatment and consequently her Australian tour would not be able to proceed as planned . . .
    Continued here.

Gosh, I'm shocked.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

wonder how many times im gunna here that by the end of today.

first i heard it on GMTV, now on here.

but yes it is a shock, just remember its at an early stange so she has ever chance in getting better

She might be lucky and survive because she found out early.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

In her words "she'll be right mate"

is it killing ?
    * `*:. .:*` * ~ X-Max ~ * `*:. .:*` *
    I love Wikipedia.

Originally posted by whatever
    She might be lucky and survive because she found out early.
    Yeah, early detection is the key. She'll probably get involved in a breast cancer awareness campaign too. I'm sure wheels are in motion as we speak.

Obviously nobody can say with 100% certainty, but the odds are good that it was discovered early and she will commence treatment ASAP

Re: Cancer shock for Kylie Minogue

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Gosh, I'm shocked.
    Well she is close to 40 now so it's not too much of a suprise that it might have caught up with her. Australian's are pretty used to cancer (sadly) with the massive rate of skin cancers.

I think Delta Goodrem's cancer (Hodgkins) was a bit more of a shocker for me.

Hopefully Kylie will get through this just fine.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Re: Re: Cancer shock for Kylie Minogue

Originally posted by akashik
    Well she is close to 40 now . . .
    It still seems like yesterday that she was marrying Scott in Neighbours. I can still remember the song by Angry Anderson, written for that wedding - "Suddenly".

Dang I'll be 40 soon too.

Re: Re: Re: Cancer shock for Kylie Minogue

It still seems like yesterday that she was marrying Scott in Neighbours.
    Yeah, and I'm still trying to burn the video for 'Locomotion' out of my mind after all these years.

It doesn't help that I married a woman halfway around the world and she still turns out to be a Kylie fan.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

First it was Marie Fredriksson (Roxette - brain tumor, she's still under treatment after 2.5 years), then Melissa Etheridge, now another of my fave artists gets cancer..

There might be one positive thing out of this (if one can find anything positive in cancer) I hope that people become more and more aware of this, cancer is not a joke, anybody can be a victim, I hope that (specially in this case, women) become aware of it since so many famous people are suffering from it and start doing their regular checkings as they should.

Good thing they have detected it soon...

She's a good performer and i like her.
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

I was very shocked when I heard about this- It's very sad. I hope she makes a full recovery.

14. Anyone remember the duet she had with Jason Donovan decades ago?
    I think the titles "Especially for You".

This was during the Milli Vanilli era.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Anyone remember the duet she had with Jason Donovan decades ago?
    I think the titles "Especially for You".

This was during the Milli Vanilli era.
    Yeah, I remember that. Milli Vanilli were a class act too.

sorry for her

Yeah, early detection is the key. She'll probably get involved in a breast cancer awareness campaign too. I'm sure wheels are in motion as we speak.
    I do some work with a government funded breast screening program, and the power of a celebrity is amazing. Today was single handedly the busiest day in the programs history. It seems every woman who either forgot to have a mammogram, or delayed having a mammogram rang up today to book their mammogram.

If Kylie does get involved(which I am sure she will), she'll be the best thing for breast cancer awareness since the mammogram itself.
    Ovica.com : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

Originally posted by Professor
    I do some work with a government funded breast screening program, and the power of a celebrity is amazing. Today was single handedly the busiest day in the programs history. It seems every woman who either forgot to have a mammogram, or delayed having a mammogram rang up today to book their mammogram.

If Kylie does get involved(which I am sure she will), she'll be the best thing for breast cancer awareness since the mammogram itself.
    Yeah, the upside to this is the massive media attention this issue is receiving, which can only save lives. When I heard this news, the first thing I asked my wife was that has she been checked for breast cancer.

This is sad news, but what's even sadder, albeit unofficial, news is that we think my dog has cancer -- specifically, lymphosarcoma/lymphoma.

His x-rays and radiographs showed an enlarged prostate and an enlarged lymph node of the lumbar spine, as well as some suspicious light areas in his lungs or stomach (it's hard to tell with radiographs; it could be nothing or it could be something).

He also got an aspirate of a bump on his head taken at the vet yesterday; however, she didn't even recognize the type of cells that were in the tumor, so she's sending it to the cytologist and histopathologist for analysis. She says it doesn't appear malignant, as the cells are shaped regularly and are not necessarily bigger than normal, but she just doesn't know what the heck it is.

Even if it's benign, it doesn't mean the other spots of suspicion aren't malignant; it could be purely a coincidence that he got an additional tumor on his head (though benign, not cancerous), or it could be metastasized cancer from somewhere else.

We initially started paying attention to any possible symptoms after a blood test last month after noticing my dog drinking much more water than usual. According to the blood test when we went to the vet's office, his calcium levels were high and his phosphorus levels low, indications of possible cancer or thyroid disease (even a benign tumor). This worried me after doing research, but my family and a family friend who is a veterinarian (along with the vet to whom we brought Iggy, my dog) thought it was probably nothing to be worried about.

However, I had observed him being rather lethargic in recent weeks, as well as a noticeable loss of appetite, and persistent polydipsia (abnormally high thirst and consumption of water), as well as consequent polyuria (although his kidneys and bladder have apparently gotten more efficient and better, as he stopped needing to go outside and urinate in the middle of the night). The thing that really concerned us was the loss of appetite -- one of the things dogs (and all animals, really) live for. He wouldn't, and still won't, eat his formerly favorite things. He appeared as if he was really hungry, and he would wag his tail and bark when we could've given him food, but then he would just sniff it and walk away, even if it was cookies or cheese or cooked meat.

Thus we decided to take him into the vet; she had asked us to bring him in anyways in about a month to get another blood test, so it was good to bring him in.

The vet said yesterday that he has lost three pounds, which is not good considering he is only 30 pounds -- 10% of his entire body weight, in probably two weeks.

He didn't eat last night, and he probably won't until we find out what's wrong and give him the necessary treatment/medication to increase his appetite (as well as get rid of or help the problem itself).

Lymphosarcoma in dogs (and people) is virtually uncurable, but with chemotherapy, the rate of remission in dogs is roughly 80%, which means he'll live for at least more than half a year, possibly even more than a year, which would be good. However, we don't want to put him through anything painful or that would jeopardize his health in addition to what he already has; he is roughly 12 years old (we got him when he was 1-2, about 11 years ago, but he had no records regarding that stuff, as we had rescued him from a narcoleptic man), and if he could live another year or more with a good quality of life, that would be okay. Nonetheless, we are all saddened by the implications of this diagnosis that hasn't even been made.

We will get the results of the blood test this afternoon, and if his calicum and phosphorus are still abnormal, I think it's safe to assume he has something serious. The cytology reports can only add to this, even if the tumor on his head is benign. We'll probably get a biopsy of the actual lymph node and/or prostate if the results of either test are abnormal.
    Last edited by SniperDevil; 05-18-2005 at 12:04 PM.

I wish her a quick recovery, from what I understand it was detected early so should not have spread.

I feel sorry for her. She is quite young and hasnt got any children and if the treatment doesnt go well she might never have any.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

SniperDevil, sorry to hear about your dog.

It's amazing how attached we get to our pets. I still have very vivid memories of when I was a kid, the next door neighbour backing her car over our dog. I heard a yelp, and then there was a knock at the door, with the neighbour and the dog in her arms, dead. That was 25 years ago, and it's still a fresh memory.