Question Needed to sell online

Hi,

maybe you're borring for reading this kind of post. sorry for that.

i DID read about this topic but want to make sure i understand well.

to Sell products online -acept credit card payment on my website- Iam planing to:

-go with 2CO and sign up -pay $49-
    -buy a SSL certificate -maybe from Geotrust or Thawte

promote the website to start selling. Then wait for 2CO send the money (hope they do!)

is this ok?

iam in Central America.

Sorry, I don't understand why you'll grab a SSL certificate If you'll be processing with a 3rd party.

2Checkout provides secure https order pages. As wdi-home already mentioned there is no need for a seperate ssl certificate, unless you plan a secure client area on your website.

You might consider PayPal as an additional payment option for customers who don't have a credit card or who don't want to pay with a credit card on the internet. It depends on the products you want to sell and on your target group.

I wish you much success with your new online business.

Ok,
    i understand the SSL stuff.

so, all i need to start selling is to sign up with 2CO?

Quote Originally Posted by eComAsia
    I wish you much success with your new online business.
    Thank you.

Yes, to accept online payments via credit card signing up for a 2Checkout account is all you need to get started. Don't forget to make a business plan with all expenses included. It really helps to plan on a long-term basis.

xTiNcTion,

Don't be too quick. How much you will be processing in sales? Is 2checkout the best option for you, your products, or customers?
    Did you check if a Merchant Account would be better and cheaper for you?

I don't want to act the one "Stay away from 2CO!", No. As well I don't like to recommend a company. Please research google and find reviews before going with 2CO.

Depending on the nature of your products, you may consider PayPal. They're more reliable.

What are you going to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by rondo
    What are you going to sell?
    A book.

There were many bad posts about 2CO on other forums, so it's really better to check with google.
    So you are going to sell a single book?
    Depending on your volume it may be reasonable to go with different 3pp or even with merchant acount that's true.
    E-wallet/E-commerce platform for sale! Fully ready to work solution,
    Tested by real merchants,
    Full kit, including software, company, bank accounts!
    Gmail: SS.sebserg@googlemail.com

11. Hello. I agree that you might want to check out both options to see which is best for you, a 3rd party processor or a true merchant account.

Wishing you much luck!

Originally posted by Sidorino
    There were many bad posts about 2CO on other forums, so it's really better to check with google.
    So you are going to sell a single book?
    Depending on your volume it may be reasonable to go with different 3pp or even with merchant acount that's true.
    you mean 2CO is too expensive? or have too many problems? i read 'a lot' of bad post about them as you say.

what will be a better 3pp for me? have to say, here in my country it'is really dificult-an expesive- to open up a merchant account

in the US, what will be the requirement to open a merchant account? i have a cousin there, maybe she can help me out

thanks for your replies!

I need more info about you business. To get merchant acc in USA is not a problem. Concerning 2CO they've got some system problems right now, so it's better to wait a bit and to see what will be the result. Concerning third parties you may find lots of posts here about 3pp. I can't suggest as I'm an agent of 3pp and this will be advertising. Good luck!
    E-wallet/E-commerce platform for sale! Fully ready to work solution,
    Tested by real merchants,
    Full kit, including software, company, bank accounts!
    Gmail: SS.sebserg@googlemail.com