I've installed the Zend Optimizer on my server running FreeBSD 4.8 using the command below but it isn't working.
make install distclean
I downloaded the file from zend.com and put it in /usr/ports/distfiles and the install looked like it went smooth. I then put the code in the php.ini file and restarted apache but my scripts are still saying it's not installed and just this is showing up in phpinfo().
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
I've never done it that way on my FreeBSD servers, I just download the file from Zend and run the ./install script that came with it. Once I do that and restart the webserver, it seems to work just fine.