GoDaddy Reseller Program

Hallo everyone!

Is anybody of you a GoDaddy / WildWestDomains reseller? I'm currently
    looking for a good reseller program to take part in. WWD's reseller program
    sounds quite interesting. Does anybody in here have some experiences
    with them? How's the branding, billing, etc.? Does it all work fine? Thanks
    for answering my questions!

By the way, if you know a better reseller program please let me know.
    But it must offer PayPal payments for both me and my customers!

Thanks again!
    Sincerely, Dominik
    Domain Brokerage
      0 Not allowed!

You shouldn't go with Godaddy in my opinion, they have not the greatest reputation around here..

Try to look at Enom.com or Directi.com for reselling domain names.

Respectfully
      0 Not allowed!

GoDaddy is ranked #1 for non-resellers, while eNom is ranked #1 for resellers.

http://www.whois.sc/internet-statist...tats-2005.html

"Name Intelligence takes Registrar Statistics seriously. As an independent third pary we are unbiased, we compute all statistics for all the registrars daily. We track changes in the (.COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, and .US) registries."

"GoDaddy.com
    #1 for User's Choice Award
    With 34% of the vote"

"eNom, Inc.
    #1 for Resellers"
      0 Not allowed!

I looked at WWD reseller program a couple months back and the only reason I didn't go with them is that I would have to pay $99 a year. That is a lot of selling to recoup the yearly fee. I understand they supply the website content, mangement, etc. but I am just wanting to build my own site and manage it myself.

I would love to get into a good reseller program but I don't see paying $99 a year for it.
      0 Not allowed!

Make sure you compare apples to apples. WWD is decent since it does all the backend stuff for the reseller. In other words, users that sign up call their support and use their services. $99 a year is not a bad price for that (it's really $89 with typical $10 off coupons).
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site
      0 Not allowed!

I posted this on another forum several months back. I am sure the math is still accurate. If you want cheap and PayPal then look no further then Directi. Of course their system is horrible and full of bugs. Their forum is usually full of people complaining.
    ------------------------------

WWD/GoDaddy. A few are making some money but most WWD Resellers never break even. Take a look at the numbers for yourself:

You sell .com for $7.85
    Less -> $6.75 (WWD wholesale .com price)
    Less -> $0.27 [Revenue Share - 25% of $1.10 ($7.85 less $6.75)]
    Less -> $0.45 (Transaction Fee $2.5% credit card fee $0.25 transaction fee)

Earnings per domain -> $0.38 <-

Assume no other fees or costs and you would need to sell 261 domains a year just to recover your $99 WWD annual fee.
      0 Not allowed!

Hallo,

Thanks to all of you for your information! So I'll definitely not go
    for GoDaddy's reseller program. Actually I'm about to chose Enom.
    Directi isn't that good, I think, because I've signed up for a re-
    seller account with them several days ago and their system is
    really horrible...
    Sincerely, Dominik
    Domain Brokerage
      0 Not allowed!

enom and directi are the best options for reselling domain names IMO
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi
      0 Not allowed!

I highly suggest NOT using eNom's reseller plans due to thier bad reselling policies. In case you decide to change your doman name provider, your clients will not be able to renew their domains. Instead, they will have to pay $189.95 for getting our of "redemption period".

Do you really want this for your precios clients?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by grgur
    I highly suggest NOT using eNom's reseller plans due to thier bad reselling policies. In case you decide to change your doman name provider, your clients will not be able to renew their domains. Instead, they will have to pay $189.95 for getting our of "redemption period".

Do you really want this for your precios clients?
    Hi grgur,

A redemption period only occurs if a domain name was allowed to expire. It servers as a grace period for those who did not have their domains set to auto-renew or failed to respond to the email notifications of the pending expiration and requests to renew their domains at the standard renewal fee (which is usually the same as a registration fee).

The main reason the fee is so high due to the registry charging the registrar a high fee for such redemptiom period renewals.

If you have any questions about comparing registrars, I'd suggest checking out this independent registrar comparison:
    http://www.namepros.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86
      0 Not allowed!

You are absolutely right and I concur. The reason for charging such a fee is generaly very legitimate. However, practice showed (in my modest experience with several domains) that no notifications are being sent.

The comparison site you suggested is very interesting and valuable!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by grgur
    You are absolutely right and I concur. The reason for charging such a fee is generaly very legitimate. However, practice showed (in my modest experience with several domains) that no notifications are being sent.

The comparison site you suggested is very interesting and valuable!
    Hi grgur,

I have roughly 20 domains with eNom and have always recieved email notification of pending expirations. For the ones that I have set to auto-renew I recieve a notification that they will be automatically renewed at a certian date unless I change my settings, and for the ones that I don't have set to auto-renew I recieve a notification that they will expire unless I renew them.

I have heard of some peoples spam filters catching these renewal notices and labeling them spam, so they can sometimes get lost or unnoticed. Also, if I remember correctly, emails are white-labeled for those who have sub-accounts, meaning the emails are made to look like they are coming from the parent reseller account.

I'd suggest contacting eNom support. They can investigate and make sure that the emails are being sent. Though in my experience, I've never had a problem....
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by eSology
    I posted this on another forum several months back. I am sure the math is still accurate. If you want cheap and PayPal then look no further then Directi. Of course their system is horrible and full of bugs. Their forum is usually full of people complaining.
    ------------------------------

WWD/GoDaddy. A few are making some money but most WWD Resellers never break even. Take a look at the numbers for yourself:

You sell .com for $7.85
    Less -> $6.75 (WWD wholesale .com price)
    Less -> $0.27 [Revenue Share - 25% of $1.10 ($7.85 less $6.75)]
    Less -> $0.45 (Transaction Fee $2.5% credit card fee $0.25 transaction fee)

Earnings per domain -> $0.38 <-

Assume no other fees or costs and you would need to sell 261 domains a year just to recover your $99 WWD annual fee.
    So do you recommend enom then?

I don't really like directi because you have to run your own billing system.

The other thing about WWD is that you can occasionally make more money than just the domain sales. You get the occasional signup for web hosting and private registration too. I made $79 in commissions in about 2 months.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site
      0 Not allowed!

We use OnlineNic for reselling customer domains with hosting. It is very easy to manage them from their control panel, and very inexpensive. Support has improved dramatically since we started reselling them 4 years ago.

We also resell WWD accounts. We have a link to our WWD site on out home page in case someone wants a cheap domain name without hosting. They pay on time. The site hardly ever needs an update, and is making a nice income for doing not a darn thing.

It depends on what you need to do with a reseller site.

Sell it to the general public, or sell domains to your internal hosting clients.

Frankly, I cannot see why anyone would use enom. Trying to do a WHOIS is impossible, you have to go to their site. Then, they do not list a registration service provider on the WHOIS results. Making support calls increase 10 fold.

Couple that with an entirely to confusing pricing model, non existing phone support (when I called, 3 times) and impossible to get un-locked policy, (policy = try to get someone) why use them?
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response 24/7/365
      0 Not allowed!

I have a WWD resellers account and I have been very happy with it. Not only can you offer domain registration you can offer hosting, complete websites, SSL Certificates, e-mail etc. Also if you register a lot of domains yourself you save money on registration fees and renewals and it is easy to manage your domains.
      0 Not allowed!