Debate Sub Forum

I was wondering if the staff has considered to try out a debate sub forum for the lounge much similar to the gmail forum they had a while back. I feel if this was done it would cut down on the debating and flaming in the wht lounge that is aparked by numerous members. I'm truthfully tired of debating and would like to see it moved that way I or any member isn't tempted to debate and the ones who do want to debate can visit the debate forum to debate.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think that will happen. I set up something simular on my forum and the warning system there went into overtime. That's a small board. Here it would be a lot of extra work for the Mods and Leaders.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think it would hurt too much if we were to try a 2 to 4 week experiment to see if it could curb flame debates. Maybe 2 temporary liasons specifically for that debate forum could be appointed for the experiment.
    Last edited by Kerry Jones; 05-16-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

How will it curb flame debates? Every "debate" now turns into a flamefest.
      0 Not allowed!

A dedicated flame forum? Maybe call it the "Smokin' Lounge"

<<shakes head>>
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120
      0 Not allowed!

We would need to bring in extra high speed gerbils!

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    73's, Kim
      0 Not allowed!

Others would be tempted to stay away from debates. I know its a forum i'd never visit because it would keep me and many others away from flaming each other. I'm going to stay away from such threads from now and i'm suire there are more who would like to as well. It would probably still have debators like blue or adorno who fight each other out, but it would be away from the lounge.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by afa340a
    A dedicated flame forum? Maybe call it the "Smokin' Lounge"
    That might be an idea...Have it be a CLOSED BASE,only members who PM staff BS ask for access to it are allowed .. ONLY IF THEY ARE AWARE OF THE CONTENTS ON THAT BASE AND NOT TO GO WHINING TO STAFF ABOUT ANYTHING THEY SEE ON THAT BASE.....

It could work......

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!
      0 Not allowed!

If you don't like the debate threads why do you read and participate in them?

This would be like asking for a Microsoft only forum because I don't like to read threads about Microsoft.
      0 Not allowed!

If you don't like the debate threads why do you read and participate in them?

This would be like asking for a Microsoft only forum because I don't like to read threads about Microsoft.
    temptation really... if you tell a person not to do they will do it anyways. If they have a seperate forum where people can have debates wheter it be civil or flaming that would be fine. I do like The Dude's idea of creating a forum, it could be called the "Immunity Lounge", where flaming is tolerated, but must contact the staff to gain access and you wouldn't have to worry about being warned or anything.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Kerry, if that forum existed you would ask for permission to enter with 2 days. Admit it.
      0 Not allowed!

Nah, i'd avoid it.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Nah, i'd avoid it.
    Starting Monday I will avoid cigarettes.

Nothing substitutes a good cigarette and nothing substitutes a good debate (especially when you know you're 100% right and the other side is 100% wrong).
      0 Not allowed!

Starting Tuesday I will avoid the internet...

Yeah right!

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Starting Monday I will avoid cigarettes.

Nothing substitutes a good cigarette and nothing substitutes a good debate (especially when you know you're 100% right and the other side is 100% wrong).
    73's, Kim
      0 Not allowed!