How do I find a GOOD server admin/Webmaster?

I am looking for a part-time, on-call server admin and general Webmaster for my RedHat server which hosts only my own three Web sites but may host more of my sites which are presently in development. I am hoping to find someone who can do a variety of things needed to maintain and update the server and Web sites. Mostly these would be server admin duties but there will be times when I need quick fixes on the site until my site programmer can get to it. Duties/skills needed might include but are not limited to:

Linux (Security checks and updating of OS and all server software)
    Qmail
    Sendmail
    PHP
    MySQL
    PERL
    HTML
    PayPal integration
    And more!

If interested please reply to this posting.

Check the employment forums

I would recommend canceling your server and re-purchasing a managed server solution from a reliable company. You can find some good managed solutions and this would basically cover any of your worries without having to bother with the oncall hassle.
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

Ask for references. I have met a lot of people on here - some turned out to be great fora one time fix but a lot just disappeared. I have some that still help us out when needed - which is fantastic. But always ask for references and ask those references specific questions.

Originally posted by Ackoo
    I would recommend canceling your server
    Thanks for your help but that seems like a drastic solution. Nevertheless, it is one I am considering more everyday since it is sooooo hard to find good people. However, I need someone who can do custom configuring of the server for my Web sites and do specific Webmaster duties as well as some programming. Hence the subject of the posting "server admin/Web master"

Greetings:

The hard part is that most places that state they provide fully managed dedicated servers do not provide full management.

Most that state they provide full management only provide partial management where additional work is extra $; and there will be areas they do not cover even if you can pay the extra money.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Most that state they provide full management only provide partial management where additional work is extra $; and there will be areas they do not cover even if you can pay the extra money.
    Yes. That is exactly the problem I have run into in the past. They want to do the easy part and get the guaranteed money every month but when it comes to any out of the ordinary tweaks or custom jobs they back away or simply say they cannot do that. I am looking for a versatile individual who can advise me and help me do what I want to do.

ServerWizards are still around? They are very good.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120

Idologic.com does a good job
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."