Question I'm confused....

I've been here a while now but I am slightly confused as to WHT's policy on Gmail invites and whether one can use WHT as a portal through which to offer Gmail invites....

Many thanks in advance -

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Anyone ?? - I can't really see that it would directly break any of the WHT protocols and rules.
    Am I missing something?

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

There used to be a whole forum for offering invites, but since now more or less everyone has one it was removed. I guess it can't hurt too much to post it in the "Other Offers" forum, but maybe wait for a mod to confirm!
    Steve

We closed the special Gmail forum down as it appeared every man, woman, their cat, dog and budgie had one. You can try giving them away in Other Offers, there may be one stray soul out there who doesn't have one yet

Cheers for the response. Helps a great deal. Remember, Gmail can also be used as storage if you know the right software (legally aswell) - so multiple accounts could benefit people.

Jord

I probably am the only one who does not - but I never understood the hoop-la. I mean - most of us (especially on hear) have our own servers and we can control the size of the email, etc. Plus I would rather use my own servers for those file rather than rely on a third party service.

Originally posted by coreybryant
    I probably am the only one who does not - but I never understood the hoop-la. I mean - most of us (especially on hear) have our own servers and we can control the size of the email, etc. Plus I would rather use my own servers for those file rather than rely on a third party service.
    Great if your server goes down though

Well if my server goes I am more worried about getting that fxed. I doubt I would want to go check another email account

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Well if my server goes I am more worried about getting that fxed. I doubt I would want to go check another email account
    I understand what you are saying, but at least if you set your Gmail account as next priority in your DNS MX records then your customers won't get a "message could not be delivered" email from their email exchange!
    Also, it means there is a lifeline there if your users need it, and it is not dependent on your server.

Jord

I would not want my email or my client's emails going over to Gmail. We would need to incorporate that into our TOS & get their permission. Much rather have a secondary MX mail server. A lot easier to control and maintain.

I just invited a bunch of random people I ment in games

Gmail is a lot of hype, and while it is indeed an amazing free service, like Corey said, I'd rather use my own server and my own domain, as it is obviously more customizable and you have even more space and (almost) no limitations.

However, there are some really cool GreaseMonkey user scripts for Gmail, and for every site; take a look at GreaseMonkey, by the way, as it is a truly awesome capability.

Originally posted by effusionx1
    I understand what you are saying, but at least if you set your Gmail account as next priority in your DNS MX records then your customers won't get a "message could not be delivered" email from their email exchange!
    Also, it means there is a lifeline there if your users need it, and it is not dependent on your server.

Jord
    Sending out an e-mail from a gmail account is not exactly professional. Any decent host will be able to afford hosting off server and off network.
    Steve

Want to "donate" Gmail invites, as if it were a good deed? Go here: http://isnoop.net/gmail/ .

It's not a good deed, donation or anything anymore. Offering someone a Gmail invite now is like offering to call a taxi driver a taxi .
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>