Ahhh Houston the humidity, traffic, capitol of Texas.

So you are moving there huh? Sorry..

Reread,,,

I did not say it was the Capitol of Texas as in the seat of power.

It is the capitol of Texas as in traffic and humidity.

You will find the traffic in Houston can get worse than in LA and the humidity is like 80% on a good day.

I've lived in Texas...spent time in Houston...went to school in Georgia..the humidity is perfectly normal, and traffic's no worry.

Have you been there recently? Last two or three years they've done a lot to the city, main street is actually a really nice area, few bars/club/restaurants, fountains, etc.

The way I look at traffic - once it's as bad as Houston/Los Angeles/Atlanta/etc - it doesn't really matter - it's just plain bad. If you want (or need) to be in a decent sized city (or surrounding area) you have to learn to deal with traffic.

When's the last time you were in Houston?

Have not been there but know people who do and love it. Living there is much cheaper and better than in the West cost and esp. LA, from what I was told.

Congrts & good luck with the move and let us know how things are going.

I have not been to Houston since 1991 actually. I grew up out there and I do miss it. If you are moving - you beter start now - otherwise you will hit that humidity head on - move now to get a little used to it LOL

Traffic might be better in downtown and midtown area. It is the traffic on the outside moving out of the city. Just try driving through i45 and you will see what I mean.

But you are close to NASA adn the coast is pretty close. Looks like you have trees which is good. What are you plans for the house?

Well..we're relocating all my furniture/etc there..and I'm in an apartment but it's almost as big so shouldn't be too hard to do the actual move, NASA is like 45 minutes from what I hear (my neighbor works at JSC)...I like the new place though, it's in such a great location...getting downtown is easy..as you said,the traffic is coming into downtown or leaving, once you are in the downtown/midtown area, it's all good.

Welcome back to H-Town! I've been here for a few years and the only thing I hate (and it is a strong hate) is traffic here. I drive 100 miles a day. Odd Fact is right about I45 and that is what i take each day. However I45 is greased lightning compared to the I10 (katy freeway).... that's a parking lot!
    Last edited by LesJPC; 05-17-2005 at 06:09 PM.
    Les Fuqua, Chief Operations Officer - Need a Quote? Contact Me Today! E: les(@)jaguarpc(.)com
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers | Managed VPS Hosting | Idera R1Soft Backup | Dedicated Servers
    Cloud Servers| Reseller Hosting | Shared Hosting | Bargain Dedicated Servers | General Happiness and Good Vibrations

I can relate to your concerns about the humidity factor in Houston, as it is terrible here on the East Coast, as you probably know.

I haven't been there, but my dad and uncle don't like it, as they say there isn't much there. You're free to disagree; I haven't even been there, so I have no basis to say this but what my relatives say. They do, however, like Austin.

Originally posted by SniperDevil

I haven't been there, but my dad and uncle don't like it, as they say there isn't much there. You're free to disagree; I haven't even been there, so I have no basis to say this but what my relatives say. They do, however, like Austin.
    Whoa whoa , I have to disagree. If you can't find something to do in houston your dead. This place has it all! Austin isnt bad either but Houston is a far cry from even being remotely closely in approximation to boring.

Welcome back Nick!
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

As a Chinese, I barely know a NBA team named Houston Rocket and NASA, Would you guys introduce more about Houston? Is it a comfortable place to live in?

Originally posted by Jag
    Whoa whoa , I have to disagree. If you can't find something to do in houston your dead. This place has it all! Austin isnt bad either but Houston is a far cry from even being remotely closely in approximation to boring.

Welcome back Nick!
    Agreed. There is so much to do in Houston from what I've seen...I even went to a Dragonboat Racing Festival the last time I was there, I haven't been able to find that sort of thing in LA. (I'd never seen dragonboat racing, but eh it looked interesting)

There's literally everything, including Main Street and some nice clubs/pubs.

Just gotta find myself a nice irish pub...

If you're having trouble finding things to do, which you shouldn't, drop into a local book anywhere around here and grab a book called things to do in houston. Its thick so be ready to not be bored .
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Hi nickn,

I've been living here for almost a year now, and continue to find more and more things to do. It's up to the individual to get out and find things to do. No matter if your an outdoor guy, like myself, or the indoor type, you will find tons of things to do in the country's 4th largest city. This line brought to you by the Houston department of liesure.
    Brandon L
    *DedicatedSpace.com - JaguarPC.com
    * Quality web hosting since '98
    Call 800-558-5869 or Email [email protected]