Unhappy Mail Servers Not Setup / Problem

Hello

I have a new VPS running linux and I think my mail servers are set up incorrectly. I do not receive any email at all to the emails.

Outlook Express can login to the account etc. but doesnt receive any email.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Liam

what's one of the email accounts you're trying to send to and whats the IP of your mail\vps server?
    Technical Director, M247

Premium web and Internet infrastructure services from M247.com
    M247 is actively buying Helm3 customer base - cash waiting.

Did you catch up the logs? I hope that will have pretty much to tell.

Al
    It is reliability that counts...

Have you tried speaking to the support of the people who supply it as they should be able to help

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Sounds like your SMTP server configuration is messed up. That would explain why you can connect through POP/IMAP with Outlook, but you're not receiving mail.

Have any of your test emails bounced back yet? The bounced email may have some information in it. Also, take a look at your mail log, this should be something like /var/log/maillog (I'm assuming Sendmail here).

You may also want to try sending mail from the server (using pine or mutt) to see what happens.
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Liam, your email is bouncing due to this issue, thus, it is impossible to reach you via email.

This is what I receive after mailing you:

sales@webdirecthosting.co.uk on Mon, 16 May 2005 08:27:22 +0300
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <exchange.eurovps.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-(exchange.eurovps.com) [83.149.83.1] is currently not permitted to relay>

We will ring you today to resolve this, as the email on file is bouncing thanks to this issue.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120