Just got my first domain name

I have recently just purchased my first domain name!!! i am completely new to all this and would like to know where i should start. I own the site and use os commerce to try to sell parts. So far it has been hard. If people could give me a good link to learn more about selling stuff on the internet or if any of your computer guys could give me some helpful advice on how to imporve my site and have my company grow i would appreciate it. I have the work ethic i just need to learn some more things. Once again any advice at all i would be very thankful for. (sorry if i am posting in the wrong forum) i am new to this forum.

You might also want to get merchant like Paypal or 2checkout. Good luck!
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory Empowering our users!

Good on you for getting started! That is always the hardest part.

If you want to find stuff on selling products do a search for "website marketing" via google. Remember Google is your friend ;-)

Good luck buddy!
    Off Topic Web Forum - A forum for talking about anything!!
    N.Z. Webmaster Community - Are you from New Zealand? Well signup to our forum!!!!

You can check with the following link for Oscommerce. You will find some sort tutorials over there for getting used to oscommerce shopping cart.

Originally posted by cnv
    You might also want to get merchant like Paypal or 2checkout. Good luck!
    I agree. Are there any car clubs around you? You might want to find some and let them know about your service. You could provide them with business cards or posters to put up. If you are selling good products, they'll probably tell their friends as well. Getting the word out and making people aware of you can often be challenging. Talk to as many people as you can, whenever the opportunity arises.

Optimizing your site for search engines might help you as well.

Good luck with your new venture.
    Michael Pine, Owner
    Affordable and Reliable Web Hosting

I would take off the AIM IM me and replace it with boldcenter.

Do you have a SSL Cert? I checked but I am not getting any SSL lock or security warnings about non-secure items like your graphics.

If you are going to have a online catalog and expect purchases to be made off the net you will want a SSL which can usually be had for around $49.00 and up. If your provider offers a shared SSL you can more than likely use his.

Boldcenter is free CRM software including five integrated services...
    Live Chat -- Answer chats from visitors and initiate chats with visitors on your website
    Contact Management -- Share and effectively manage your contacts
    Email Management -- Share and effectively manage your inbound emails
    Help Desk Software -- Share and effectively manage your help desk tickets
    Visitor Monitoring -- See all the visitors on your website in real-time

$49.00 SSL Certs

Read the oscommerce manuals and read the forums there to keep up with what's going on.

You have made some good progress on your site. Don't expect things to happen over night.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww it's broke

When we got our domain name we made sure it had that ssl thing which we needed to sell products. We had to pay extra to have it but it should be part of our site. I will check to see if there is anything else we have to do. I am mostly in charge of advertising while my brother is the webmaster. I just remember when we bought the domain name he wanted that ssl thing so we did get it.