Post ResellerZoom - 2.5 months review

I've been with RZ almost 3 month and want to share my exprerience with the community. I'll rate them from 1 to 5.

Setup was fast and without problems. They transfered my clients from old host. (5)

I needed my name servers in different class C networks and RZ changed my IPs to be that way. (5)

Regarding support, yes they are good on small problems. But if something serious happening they seem do not know what to do. Only to forward ticket to senior administrator.
    Also support doesn't notify clients what the problem was. That was really annoying, I had to ask them each time.

here is nice example, I asked why exim fails every day for the last week. (It worked fine for 2 months though)

Exim is running on the server. It will be automatically restarted when it fails.
    I asked for details, why it fails.

Exim ocassionally fails. Looks like there's some bug in the software. But it will be automatically restarted. So, you need not worry.
    I would call it unprofessional answer. The server was under DOS, it was admitted later.

So, support for small problems (4), something more important (2-).

Value for money - (5)

If you want to sign with them, stay away from JUNO server. It's very unstable and I think noone knows why. Problem being solved by writing scripts to restart services when they fail...

Overall, I must say RZ is trying to deliver the best services on the market and the value of this review is to help them improve.

I just sign up with HostingZoom to check if it's better then RZ, server load is much better so far. Will see how it goes...

Thank you alphamagic for giving back to the community. I'm sure that quite a few users will find your review to be of help.

Hello alphamagic,

Thank you for the review. We take feedback through all channels seriously and see a few points in this review that we can definitely improve on. I would just like to address a few concerns of yours here in this thread.

We pride ourselves on the level of support we provide to our clients. When you said, "Regarding support, yes they are good on small problems. But if something serious happening they seem do not know what to do. Only to forward ticket to senior administrator.", I investigated every issue you had and can tell you that we have strict policies in place that prohibit our support technicians from doing admin level duties so it won't interfere with the way our servers are setup and maintained.

Some requests that you sent to us which we replied our system admin will get back to you include:

- Requesting that we change our nameserver ip's so that they are in different class c range.

This is not something that a regular technician will be allowed to do. Our admin told you this is not something we can do but having your own nameserver ip's in different class c range fixed your issue.

- Requesting that we update mysql.

This is also not something that a support technican is allowed to do without permission from our senior systems admin.

- Requesting that we install MM_Cache globally.

This is also not something that a support technican is allowed to do w/o permission from our admin team.

So I would have to disagree with the statement that says, "we dont know what to do when something serious happens". Our team is highly trained and experienced to do just about anything but policy prohibits them from doing certain things such as the ones you requested and noted above.

I do however agree with you on the note that the JUNO server currently has problems. We have been trying to catch the user responsible for the problems on this server over the last 3-4 days and have been unsuccessful but we are determined to catch the cause. Currently, the server load has been nicely staying under 1 but we continue to monitor that server very closely 24/7. We also plan on upgrading JUNO to 2GB of RAM with Raid-1 in the near future.

I apologize for the lack of a better response when our tech told you that exim occasionally fails and that it gets restarted automatically but sometimes there are no reasons why something fails. In this particular case, it failed once because when the nightly backup was running, it cause the load to spike and exim failed as a result. The other time was because of a DOS attack which we found out after replying to your original email and then updated you with that information in another email.

Again thank you for your review as it will help us improve on a few points.
    IO ZOOM - 100% SSD VPS Hosting
    • Pure SSD / Raid 10 / Free DDoS Protection / KVM Virtualization
    • Datacenter Locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and Miami
    www.ioZoom.com / sales[at]iozoom.com

HostingZoom,

can you please look into 'Account transfer request' ticket I submitted today, to transfer my files from Juno to HZ server, and you will understand what I really mean. I had to tell your tech guy exactly what to do, otherwise there is big chance something will be wrong.

Otherwise I agree, there should be technicians level and admin level duties.

I have checked the settings on your new account after the transfer and it all looks ok. Email me directly at kiet[@]hostingzoom.com and I will take care of the issues you're currently having immediately.

HostingZoom,

everything has been sorted. thank you for your support.

Now just waiting for DNS update...

HostingZoom,

I'd like you to comment on issues of security and privacy. I've read several of your comments and the one thing that struck me is your willingness to relay privileged information.

In this thread, you have posted support instances of a client; Did you have prior permission by that client to publicly post their support history?

On a different thread, you mentioned publicly that a customer’s credit card had been declined; did that client give you permission to post their private financial information?

While I understand your position on both of these matters, it seems a breech of confidentiality and poor business practice to publish sensitive information openly on the World Wide Web.

I have had similar issues with clients and understand your point of view; however, I think it shows bad form to use confidential information on a public forum to garner support for your position.

As you may have read from other posts, I am a reseller who has been looking for a host to move my accounts to (because of dissatisfaction with Interland). I was seriously considering HostingZoom/ResellerZoom, but I’m discouraged by the way that the organization has been publishing sensitive/private information here.

Thank you for your concern but after reviewing this thread and the other thread you're referring to, I feel there were no breach in privacy or posting of sensitive information with what was posted and I stand by that 100%.

I am by no means a privacy expert and won't discuss privacy laws in this thread. If a privacy advocate reviews this and feel that we are breaching privacy, let me know and I will take action to have it removed immediately. Additionally, I will have my attorney review both threads. You can contact me at kiet[@]hostingzoom.com.

Maybe something was already removed, because I don't see any sensitive information being revealed by HZ/RZ in this thread.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Privileged information is sensitive information. When a business or individual engages another business and has conversations or financial transactions with that business, the details should not be published.

When a person or business gives a credit card to another business, the results of those transactions should not be made public.

When a person or business calls a support center, the history of those calls should not be made public.

There is an inherent trust in these transactions.

By posting credit card transaction information and support history, I recognize that if I was doing business with HostingZoom, my history and information would be fair game to be published publicly.

Every individual who is considering HostingZoom as a business service provider should consider HostingZoom’s disclosure in these forums and take into account if they would be comfortable having the same information published about them here or anywhere else.

I tried to sign up with them but they kept on declining my partner's credit card. I dont know why because from what i know a VISA card is accepted anywhere in the world as long as a merchant accepts a visa card but my partner's bank said in order to use the card on the internet we should ask the company if they want to transact with a philippines issued visa card.

The visa card in question hasnt reached the limit yet and my partner just used it for her grocery now and it still works and it still have a balance of 20000 pesos (400 usd)

I contacted their sales with this and im still waiting for their reply

resellerzoom's tech support is fast by the way I asked them lots of stupid questions and they answered it quickly.

I really want to resell web space her ein the philippines and I see resellerzoom to be a perfect host for my clients. but i cant go around collecting clients just yet if I dont have a host to put it on

my five centavos

bliksemhosting answered my email in like 15 minutes after i sent it to them asking them about my difficulty using my partner's credit card on the net. man the reply was fast but ill wait for resellerzoom to contact me even tho im gonna spend like 5 usd a month on them and i have to check on how they treat their low paying customer

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Some people dont want to have a website but if you approach them in a right way, even though they dont know how email works you can sell them a dedicated server

My order got processed by clicking on check/invoiced radio button. anyhow Im gonna wait for the account info to arrive cos I got the sign up confirmation. probably im going to pay them via money order or western union or if my partner's credit card issue is resolved pay them with it.

customer service is great Kiet always replies as if it is an auto response email I hope this is the basis of a good relationship with resellerzoom. im gonna write a review in the next month

Originally posted by DalaiLama
    Privileged information is sensitive information. When a business or individual engages another business and has conversations or financial transactions with that business, the details should not be published.

When a person or business gives a credit card to another business, the results of those transactions should not be made public.

When a person or business calls a support center, the history of those calls should not be made public.

There is an inherent trust in these transactions.

By posting credit card transaction information and support history, I recognize that if I was doing business with HostingZoom, my history and information would be fair game to be published publicly.

Every individual who is considering HostingZoom as a business service provider should consider HostingZoom’s disclosure in these forums and take into account if they would be comfortable having the same information published about them here or anywhere else.
    I personally don't feel that HostingZoom revealed any information that they shouldn't of, and I think that they provided a very professional response. I understand that different people have different levels of privacy concern, but as far as I am concerned, HZ/RZ did nothing wrong in this case.
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth