Liquidweb out of stock of Webmaster 1 servers

Just to let you know: - yesterday I ordered one P4 3.0 with 2 x 120 or their so called Webmaster 1 servers and after waiting 24h and still no server I emailed them. Support told me that they are currently out of them and should get more and have it running by tomorrow.

I was just expecting to be pro-actively notified about the shortage of servers, not have to wait and ask and then be told they are out of them. Not an excellent start with liquidweb.com but we'll see.

I'll keep you posted what happens.

So, did you order it on Saturday? Thay may explain the delay for sales department to get back to you. Usually, support & sales staff response times are not the same.

Yes, I ordered it on saturday 3pm est. I got a call like 10 minutes later to verify the order. They never mentioned that this particular server is out of stock. I waited 24h and emailed them. Then they told me that the server is out of stock.

You do realize that you ordered on a Saturday? Most sales departments work M-F, 9-5. The fact that their Support team responded on a Sunday shows the strength of the company.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

As far as the verification, it's quite possible that they have a 3rd party company perform the verifications for fraud detection purposes, or that if it was someone from Liquidweb, that the person did not know about the shortage.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Kidoborb --

Orders are normally set up within 24 hours of order confirmation. Sometimes there are instances where the setup process can be delayed. I apologize for you not being notified about the delay. Hardware has become available and your order is being completed as we speak.

Originally posted by bqinternet
    You do realize that you ordered on a Saturday? Most sales departments work M-F, 9-5. The fact that their Support team responded on a Sunday shows the strength of the company.

I went to liquidweb because of the excellent reviews on this board I just wanted to let other people know that if they order the same server, they might experience some delay.
    If I had second thoughts about liquidweb, I would have not gone there.

I guess just all the reviews on this board have set very high expectation level and I though that even on Saturday I should have been told that the server deployment will take longer then the usuall 24h.

Originally posted by LiquidwebGreg
    Kidoborb --

Orders are normally set up within 24 hours of order confirmation. Sometimes there are instances where the setup process can be delayed. I apologize for you not being notified about the delay. Hardware has become available and your order is being completed as we speak.
    Excellent Greg! Thank you for stepping up! After so many positive reviews about liquidweb, I was sure I did make the right choice

Originally posted by LiquidwebGreg
    Kidoborb --

Hm, still no server ...

Originally posted by KidoBorg
    Hm, still no server ...
    My guess would be that they read their email/ticket system more often than WHT. Please try telling them that there, or giving them a call.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Server information should be sent, total time to activate was a bit over 30 hours.

We do apologize for the delays in setup, in almost all cases we setup in well under 24 hours, this was a slight exception and we thank you for understanding.
    Matthew Hill
    CEO, Liquid Web Inc.
    http://www.liquidweb.com
    http://www.stormondemand.com