Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Bye Bye Affordablehost, Good Luck

After being down several hours over several days this week, I had no choice but to leave Affordablehost.

I was willing to give them a chance, although when I ask Richard Madison if he was willing to give AxisHost permission to sign me up if I was not satisfied over the next 30 days, he completely ignored the question and didn't respond to it.

You can see here how much trouble the telesto server and Affordablehost in general has had recently.

http://www.webhosthelpdesk.com/?_a=a...affordablehost

Now my new webhost gets to enjoy that money plus alot more that Affordablehost and AxisHost have both forfeited.

Bye Bye Affordablehost, Good Luck

Festus2005, Good luck with your new host, let us know how it goes.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Who did you choose, and how does thier pricing/support compare to the old AH?

was affordable host good before i relaly havent heard about them but seems to me like alot of people use them because alot of issues are occuring from them..
    Vincent W. - Brooklyn, NY
    http://www.Nusitu.com - New York Based Shared / Reseller Webhosting Services
    99% Uptime Guaranteed - 30day Money Back Guarantee - Instant Setup

Is there a reason why you need to make this a public announcement? Sorry to hear of your trouble and best of luck with your new host, but frankly...I don't see a reason for another post on this topic, sorry.

Originally posted by uisregistry
    was affordable host good before i relaly havent heard about them but seems to me like alot of people use them because alot of issues are occuring from them..
    Axishost.com's owner owned Affordablehost too but, sold it to dotCanada after refocusing Axishost.com target customer base.

From what I've been reading from this forum (search for affordablehost or dotcanada to read these threads) dotCanada might have bitten off more than they can chew.

It seems that they are having a hard time keeping up with the support requirements of all the servers and customers of Affordablehost from what I have been reading.

Originally posted by JSpired
    Is there a reason why you need to make this a public announcement? Sorry to hear of your trouble and best of luck with your new host, but frankly...I don't see a reason for another post on this topic, sorry.
    Kind of like yet another post bitching about other peoples post?

I thought this was webhosting talk and I am talking about webhosting.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me.

u should watch ur language.
    Vincent W. - Brooklyn, NY
    http://www.Nusitu.com - New York Based Shared / Reseller Webhosting Services
    99% Uptime Guaranteed - 30day Money Back Guarantee - Instant Setup

Originally posted by Festus2005
    Kind of like yet another post bitching about other peoples post?

Not at all. If you read my post, I simply questioned why you didn't give this insight to your "old" host, rather than post here..

Originally posted by classics
    Who did you choose, and how does thier pricing/support compare to the old AH?
    Well I signed up with a Pair $50/moth plan and the sql queries there were so really slow. (Slower than an iPowerweb $7.95 special believe it or not.) Tech respond that he restarted mysql and it improved performance, but it didn't, so I am exercising my 30 day money back gaurantee.

The new place I am at, I will mention all in good time after I have been there a while. It is the fastest server I have ever been on. SQL queries take about half the time as affordablehost server... and affordablehost servers were very fast when they aren't down or overloaded.

Originally posted by JSpired
    Not at all. If you read my post, I simply questioned why you didn't give this insight to your "old" host, rather than post here..
    I read it 3 times... it doesn't say that at all.

Quote: "Is there a reason why you need to make this a public announcement?"

Answer: "I thought this was webhosting talk and I am talking about webhosting."

Nuff said.

I haven't been able to access webmail / cpanel / whm for over 24 hours now. My sites are up though.
    Also I can't see affordablehost's main site. I don't know if this is problems at my end or what. Can someone let me know if affordablehost.com is up?

Ignore.
    Last edited by JSpired; 05-15-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Can someone let me know if affordablehost.com is up?
    affordablehost.com works fine for me in Eastern Europe.

Originally posted by ldcdc
    affordablehost.com works fine for me in Eastern Europe.
    Thanks

[i]I don't see a reason for another post on this topic, sorry. [/B]
    Guess your not one of the hundreds getting pooched by the new AH then huh?

Guess you don't get that all host "support" is handled off-site, huh? (On your paid host's site?)
    Last edited by JSpired; 05-16-2005 at 02:35 AM.

18. The only "support" or anything that sounded remotely like support I ever got from Affordable host was here on this very forum. Why? Because they have to save face in public. In private they can ignore you, pretend they don't need to inform you and give you 2 word replies.

I'm very happy that after 4 months of misery I decided to move to another host. A host that without any hints or suggestions gives me proper complete answers, sends out mature notices AND actually keeps me up to date.

Instead off the pathetic mails from affordable host "we need to move your site THIS WEEK" Panic email rubbish that never got a follow up when they decided not to move.

But hey don't take my word for it because in all honesty I never liked Tina, or the way she "answered" my questions (sending me spamm about how reliable her company usually is instead of just letting me know why for ..... sake the server is down again)

anyway, sorry ranting here, nothing personal.

Originally posted by Digital-Exposure

I'm very happy that after 4 months of misery I decided to move to another host. A host that without any hints or suggestions gives me proper complete answers, sends out mature notices AND actually keeps me up to date.
    Ranting's got its place. I've been yanked around my share over the past 8 years too, on this board everyone is a customer at some level, and I am grateful to still be a customer on the true front-lines and not just at the data center level... it keeps me in touch with my roots, constantly aware of "how is _____ affecting my customers?" IMHO this is the #1 thing every business needs to do, first and foremost. Without customers, where are we?!?!

Anyway

May I ask who you're hosting with now? It's great to hear someone happy with their service, and I'm sure there are others looking for a similar sort of host.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Originally posted by Digital-Exposure
    Instead off the pathetic mails from affordable host "we need to move your site THIS WEEK" Panic email rubbish that never got a follow up when they decided not to move.

You're referring to the Dec 12 email telling all Hometown Hosting customers to update their IPs if they use custom/vanity nameservers, because when we purchased HTH the datacenter they were using was not willing to work out a separate deal for those servers with us.

That email was followed up on January 16th, stating that all accounts were being moved the next day and unless you were using custom DNS there really wasn't anything you needed to do.

In other words, you had more than 1 month to get your nameservers' IPs updated and in order before the move. Yes, there was an urgency to the Dec 12th email telling you to update the nameservers' IPs. Without the update, if you were using custom DNS, your account would have ceased to function when we took the old server offline.

Other than update custom DNS IPs (which didn't even apply to all HTH customers), there was nothing you needed to do...since we have our own in-house DNS system and migrated everything for you.

I understand that you don't like me. That's life...I wish everyone did, but not everyone does.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Well Tina has been very helpful to me!

I joined HTH when greg owned it, then it was taken over by "affordable host "

and now they have sold out to canada host (or something) but i haven't had much trouble so far!

I have joined webhostingtalk recently and have seen a lot of bad posts for affordablehosts.

Are they really that bad ?

Yes, they are really THAT BAD!

They wreak from incompetence. I could go on and on about them, but it's not worth my time to rant and rave anymore. In my opinion, there is nothing positive about them. They're Bad News, period!

Originally posted by timonpumba
    I have joined webhostingtalk recently and have seen a lot of bad posts for affordablehosts.

Are they really that bad ?
    well piece of advice..stay away from t hem..you will find plenty of reasons on the forum here..

25. Originally posted by AH-Tina
    You're referring to the Dec 12 email telling all Hometown Hosting customers to update their IPs if they use custom/vanity nameservers, because when we purchased HTH the datacenter they were using was not willing to work out a separate deal for those servers with us.

That email was followed up on January 16th, stating that all accounts were being moved the next day and unless you were using custom DNS there really wasn't anything you needed to do.

In other words, you had more than 1 month to get your nameservers' IPs updated and in order before the move. Yes, there was an urgency to the Dec 12th email telling you to update the nameservers' IPs. Without the update, if you were using custom DNS, your account would have ceased to function when we took the old server offline.

--Tina
    You see this just proves my point: You don't get it AT ALL.

How stupid do you have to be to send your customers this email:

Due to unforseen concerns with the ISP that the HTH servers are currently hosted with, all accounts will be migrated to brand new servers, starting this Tuesday (December 14).

Since the migration will also include IP changes, it is imperative that any customers using CUSTOM NAMESERVERS / DNS log into their domain's account at the registrar and change nameserver IPs to point to:

xxx.xxxx.xxxx

It is extremely important that this is done immediately, to avoid any interruption of service to your website during the move. As of the 17th of December, the old IPs will be no longer accessible. We apologize for the short notice of this change.

Without ANY update when plans have changed. The mail clearly states service on the old IP's will be terminated Dec 17 and the first hint of info we got was Jan 15. If you only knew how much panic this caused, I remember it wll from the support chat. We where all sitting there dec 17th wondering wtf was going to happen.

If this was just a mistake, no problem, but the typical AH BS is what pissed me off: always avoiding the issues never giving any explenation. If you make a mistake you tell your customer and apologise. You do NOT tell him "In other words, you had more than 1 month to get your nameservers' IPs updated" as if its my own fault I have a complaint. Thats like saying "just because we told you we would cancel the old server in a week doesn't mean you can't wait a month before we let you know anything..."

You should say "That was really stupid of us letting you all hang there without any information, I apologise for causing so much unwanted stress, please let me kiss your buttocks"

Anyway, I still think your probly some teenage kid with tech skills who should hire someone to deal with customer service.There is one simple rule in the modern electronics age. And let me quote from a Disney Institute service training I did years ago:

EVERYBODY can copy your product, nobody can copy your service because that's personal.
    Last edited by Digital-Exposure; 05-22-2005 at 05:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast