1. Talking [Paying] In Need of a Proffessional PHP Programmer

Proffessional PHP Programmer
    I might be in need of a proffessional PHP programmer in the near future, who is highly knowledgeable in PHP and MySQL. This is a PAYING job, that will consist of a Registration and login system, file upload system, a database backend... ect. Sorry the description is rather bland, but I am not going to disclose further details until an individual is selected.

I am looking for the most qualified programmer, who is charging the absolute least. I already have some programmers who have contacted me with rates, but I have seen some of the people on this forums work and was hoping to get a better quote.

Don't contact me by messanger, private message, or by posting in this thread. You may contact me at by email at: [email protected], include your name, qualifications (what you know), past examples of your work, how you may be contacted, and your price. As I said before, I am looking for the absolute best price and most qualified. If I feel like you are not qualified enough, and are charging a ridiculous amount I will immediately delete your email; so make it good! This job is paying, and depending on the quality of your work I will compensate you.

Thanks to all who contact me
    Last edited by Digital-Impulse; 05-15-2005 at 11:13 AM.

"I am looking for the most qualified programmer, who is charging the absolute least."

You get what you pay for.

3. Now, do you really think that I am that ignorant? I understand you get what you pay for, but to pay for something that is quoted at $1,500 when it in actuality should only run around $200 at most, seems rather insipid to me. I find your reply to my post inane, and until you understand the context of what you are scoffing at I sugest you keep quite. On a side note I would like to thank all who did understand, and had a bit more sense than typhchrisp, I have recieved some great emails and will be sorting through them.

"It is better to conceal one's knowledge than to reveal one's ignorance" Learn it
    Last edited by Digital-Impulse; 05-16-2005 at 03:53 PM.

At professional rates, $200 would give you just over two hours of a PHP developer's time. Nowhere near enough to fulfill this project.

I'd suggest you review your budget.

Best regards,
    Matt
    + RetroWeb.net
    + Good value never goes out of style.
    + BSD and Linux hosting with exceptional support and service

5. Heh, yes i understand that. In either case, it was an example of overpayment not the payment I was offering But thanks anyway.

A programmer has been chosen. Thank you to all who emailed me.
    Last edited by Digital-Impulse; 05-17-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Originally posted by Digital-Impulse
    Now, do you really think that I am that ignorant? I understand you get what you pay for, but to pay for something that is quoted at $1,500 when it in actuality should only run around $200 at most, seems rather insipid to me. I find your reply to my post inane, and until you understand the context of what you are scoffing at I sugest you keep quite. On a side note I would like to thank all who did understand, and had a bit more sense than typhchrisp, I have recieved some great emails and will be sorting through them.

"It is better to conceal one's knowledge than to reveal one's ignorance" Learn it
    I don't need to learn anything. My post was made in defence of 98% of the developers out there. We don't work for free, or peanuts. That's something YOU need to learn.

We are the people that make your business run, without people to do development where would you be on the internet now?

Based on your statement:
    "should only run around $200 at most, seems rather insipid to me"

That right there to me, that is a "stay away" sign. Do you do development? Do you really know how long something takes to complete? For some reason, I doubt it.

In your case, you would be better off finding an oversea's outsource company where they don't mind working for nothing since that payment is worth more to them, then developers in the US.

I'm not going to argue this point any further. If you want quality work done in the US, you pay US rates. If not, go find some offshore company that will do it, don't take peoples time up here.

Good luck.

7. *

lol, in what point did i say i wanted my post to become the debate of pay rates? Does no one understand the EXAMPLE of overpayment. Here I will make another example... Why pay $2,000/hour when a better rate for an equally talented programmer runs $200/hour (this is using information I already knew, and the 2 hour example mentioned above). Now if you are still unable to understand what an example (or in this case an under exaggerated example . . . if that makes you rest easier) is then let me know I'll be happy to explain in detail for you. Now, I am not going to further discuss this stupidity with anyone. One more thing, without people like you on the interent you know where I would be? In a happier place, discussing more benificial topics, instead of debating this worthless dribble. Good day to you, and good luck with whatever it is you do

Admins feel free to lock this thread. A programmer has been chosen.

lol, in what point did i say i wanted my post to become the debate of pay rates? Does no one understand the EXAMPLE of overpayment. Here I will make another example... Why pay $2,000/hour when a better rate for an equally talented programmer runs $200/hour (this is using information I already knew, and the 2 hour example mentioned above). Now if you are still unable to understand what an example (or in this case an under exaggerated example . . . if that makes you rest easier) is then let me know I'll be happy to explain in detail for you. Now, I am not going to further discuss this stupidity with anyone. One more thing, without people like you on the interent you know where I would be? In a happier place, discussing more benificial topics, instead of debating this worthless dribble. Good day to you, and good luck with whatever it is you do

Admins feel free to lock this thread. A programmer has been chosen.
    Obviously you still don't understand. Read my origional post, and try to think.

It's not complicated:
    "Why pay $2,000/hour when a better rate for an equally talented programmer" - So your telling me that the same programmer of the same skill set is not going to charge you the same price as the other guy with the same skill set?

I understand a slight difference in price, but thats not the issue.

Wake up and stop acting like a jackass.

Bye now.

EDIT: If you can find somewhere else to go besides the internet, the less people like you around the better living developers would make.

Bye again.

9. Alright, this is the absolute last post I will waste on this utter nonsense. My second post, after your inane post, was in regards to the idea of over payment. Where we strayed so far off topic, to be debating the payments of developers, I am not sure. But in either case, I must agree with you partially. I understand developers do not work for "peanuts," any proffession that deals with technology usually doesn't.

My orignal rebuttal was just to show a point, that it is stupidity to pay more for something you can get for less, that is the exact same quality.The point you came back with, was "How developers don't work for free." Where this comes into overpayment I am not sure, but now we are debating completely different topics. This is idiocy, why we are even debating this I am not sure. I understand what you are argueing, I have been offered petty amounts for ridiculous sums of work. Never did I argue this fact. I am just stating, and I know you can agree with me on this one, it's just plain dumb to over pay for something!

Now to sum the two points up, developers dont work for free, and clients don't want to over pay. Period.

Have a nice day.

Oh and one more thing, If I am the "Jackass" as it was so blatantly put why am I the one refraining from using profanity, and logically discussing the matter?

Bye again

Alright, this is the absolute last post I will waste on this utter nonsense. My second post, after your inane post, was in regards to the idea of over payment. Where we strayed so far off topic, to be debating the payments of developers, I am not sure. But in either case, I must agree with you partially. I understand developers do not work for "peanuts," any proffession that deals with technology usually doesn't.

My orignal rebuttal was just to show a point, that it is stupidity to pay more for something you can get for less, that is the exact same quality.The point you came back with, was "How developers don't work for free." Where this comes into overpayment I am not sure, but now we are debating completely different topics. This is idiocy, why we are even debating this I am not sure. I understand what you are argueing, I have been offered petty amounts for ridiculous sums of work. Never did I argue this fact. I am just stating, and I know you can agree with me on this one, it's just plain dumb to over pay for something!

Now to sum the two points up, developers dont work for free, and clients don't want to over pay. Period.

Have a nice day.
    Get a clue.

11. * heh. . .

lol...*sigh* some people, you agree with them and they still want to argue. In either case, the debate is over I no longer will discuss pay rates. So. . . How about that bogus karan story published in newsweek?

Good Luck with your developing, I wish the best to you.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Digital-Impulse; 05-19-2005 at 04:24 PM.