Damn, only manual cars in Europe for rent

So, my cousin's marrying into the Royal Family of Denmark, and having this huge wedding just outside Copenhagen and blah blah.. I'll be taking a 3-week trip to not only Denmark, but will be travelling around Europe aswell. With that in mind, my family needs to rent a car...

Only problem, all the affordable cars available for rent in Copenhagen, are manual transmission. Myself, I can drive manual no problem, since that's what I drive on my 300zx. But my parents simply hate the way I drive so I'm not driving in Europe, good thing too because I don't want to deal with the traffic in Europe with a manual car.

Why is it that automatic transmission is, for some odd reason, unavailable in the compact/economy/standard car classes at all the popular car rentals like Avis, Alamo, Budget, etc.?

It's going to be fun to sit in the back seat while my parent's attempt to work a manual transmission that they haven't touched for atleast 30 years.
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

haha, welcome to europe and take a big bag of USD if you are going to denmark.

EU economy cars all have manual, because automatic is more expensive.

Keep in mind that in Denmark you pay around 9 Krone for 1 liter => around 6 USD a gallon!

Manual cars rule easier to do some nice burnouts hehe..
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.

Just out of curiosity, who in the Danish Royal Family is marrying this time? I'm a Dane living abroad and like to keep up on at least that part.

He's actually a Baron(his brother is a Count, and his father is something else,) or something, maybe not exactly Royal, but pretty up high up in the chain. Doesn't mean they don't have a crap load of money. Who says nobility means nothing...
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

Ahhh one of those. Was wondering who is was since the last big wedding a year ago didn't really leave anyone else to get married.