* how do i upgrade MYSQL?

hi,

How do i upgrade MYSQL to 4.1.X?
    what is the easiest wat to do it?
    i have RH 9 operating system and WHM

I don't believe it's officially supprted under Cpanel, but here's a good start for you: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread....=mysql+upgrade
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

You can even run "yum update mysql" if you have RH9 and yum installed.
    Voxxit - Accessible Web Design & Secure, Affordable Web Hosting
    Now offering 501(c)3 non-profit discounts!
    Ruby on Rails included with every hosting account! - Save up to 80% bandwidth on all plans with mod_deflate!
    Visit our services page to see how Voxxit can help you today!

It is quick to install it via YUM but make sure you do not have much of customizations and additional compilation options enabled.

I will be with getting a manual install that will help you much more than the automated process

Al
    It is reliability that counts...

Sure it is supported.

Go under twique settings, down to where it lists the MySQL versions. You will have the choice between 4.0 and 4.1. Choose 4.1 and click save. It'll then give you a link to to a script you also need to run.

I am running MySQL4.1.11 successfully with CPanel/WHM. You have to be under the release tree though, not stable.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I think there is a new stable version which supports it.

I would reccomend you run a 'mysql-dump --opt -A > mysql-backup.sql' before you do any upgrade.

It's always best to have a good backup before you attempt ANY type of upgrade.

Unless you don't care about your MySQL data...

But after you get a good backup, go grab the RPM's, do a 'rpm -Uvh <rpm file name>' then a 'mysql_fix_<script name>' to fix various upgrade diff's between versions.

Originally posted by ZapX Technologies
    Sure it is supported.

Go under twique settings, down to where it lists the MySQL versions. You will have the choice between 4.0 and 4.1. Choose 4.1 and click save. It'll then give you a link to to a script you also need to run.

I am running MySQL4.1.11 successfully with CPanel/WHM. You have to be under the release tree though, not stable.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I think there is a new stable version which supports it.
    I did like what u said but i got errors, plz see the errors in the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally posted by VoxxitDesigns
    You can even run "yum update mysql" if you have RH9 and yum installed.
    if i run "yum update mysql" does the system upgrade Mysql to latest version or not?how do i know which version it will update to?

also does this effect on WHM , i mean do the mysql settings in whm will work probabliy?

Well looking over your error file this line brings interest

Resolving diff.cpanel.net... failed: Host not found
    Log into your server and try to ping diff.cpanel.net and see if you are having problems there. It appears you are having trouble contacting the CPanel servers.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Solved!
    the problem was in file resolv.conf,it did not configured correctly.

thanx to all of guys