Im Speechless...

Along with probably most people, I have noticed many hosts that just dont seem to even try really. This is a thread from DevShed where someone was looking for hosting and it was originally posted on March 14, 2005. Some hosts gave their offers and the person who oringally posted never responded back in that thread, but about a month later on April 10, 2005 someone opened up the topic again just to tell about one of the hosts that he had a problem with, but then of course since the topic is open all the smart hosts that cant read have to go ahead and post their offers not even looking at the fact that it is a month after the guy originally posted what he was looking for (he most likely found a host by that point). And so the smart hosts that they are continue posting offers until the 23rd of April, when I finally come into play here. I just let them know that this thread is over a month old and he has probably found hosting already. Also to check the date of posts in the future. But then what a suprise, an hour later... someone else posts and offer. So I post again and say that it proves my point. But its not over... Later that day, another offer! And Im back and make another post about just how amazing it is that people cannot read. And you think thatd finally be it... but no! Today, May 14, 2005, exactly 2 MONTHS from when the original post was made, another one of those smart hosts comes around and makes an offer to a person who posted this thread 2 whole months ago.

Here is the link to the thread: http://forums.devshed.com/t236133/s.html

I guess the point that I am really trying to make here is that its to the point where its pretty much just sad to see where the hosting industry is going. Obviously not all hosts are this bad, but even this isnt the only instance of how the industry isnt the way it used to be. Just the support, prices, and just overall effort of some hosts is just plain bad and its sad to me owning a hosting company seeing the bad name fellow hosts and I are receiving from some of these hosts.

Theres really nothing that we can do, but I just needed to say something about this and I feel better now.

Regards,
    Matt J
    XTR Host
    www.xtrhost.com
    Providing the Best Hosting at the Cheapest Prices!

There are a massive ammount of webhosting companies out there, and you, along with all the other hosts should know that there are always things that either make the market look bad, or actually bring us down. The companies that go to the top dont last as long as they think they do, and many companies start having other services, and find out there because there ARE so many webhosts, that they can just make more money doing the other services. I am not saying that webhosting is bad, it does give you a start for the most part, but how big can you get? It depends how far you want to go in the same direction.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

This is precisely why I'm glad that solicitations for offers and requests for hosting are banned from WHT. Otherwise it would turn into the feeding trough that so many other boards have become. I still wish there was a rule against people posting "Good luck with your new host!" followed by their signature advertising hosting. At least try and offer some advice to the poor folks with crummy hosts

That being said, I wish all forums clearly displayed the date of the first post.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

And you just felt the need to bring DevSheds RUbbish over here huh? I really think the hosting market As well as DEVSHEDS members could benefit by people critisizing themself before they go around trashing everyone else.

What exactly does it matter if they waste their time posting an offer that doesn't get them anywhere? It doesn't take any of your time. You know the thread is a dead topic. You don't even need to open it.

Rather than throw mud at the guy you could have said "hey I'm not sure if you know this or not since you are obviously new here, but if you check the first posting date and it is two months old you are wasting your time making an offer as they have most likely already found a host." You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

Try kindness and respect it will grow on you. And at the end of the day you will be alot less stressed out.
    High Quality Low Cost Hosting For all of your hosting needs. Windows and Linux Dedicated, VPS And Shared!
    http://kaveyhosting.com

XTR Host's original post in that forum was very civil in my opinion. Nearly 30 minutes after his post another offer request comes in. If it didn't bump threads in that forum to the top I suppose it wouldn't be such a big deal. Maybe post that in their suggestions box .
    In the future lets all try reading the post and WHEN it was posted. It might just be me but for some reason, since the original post was made on March 14, which is over a month ago... I think that he has already found a host.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

That particular post sure. Actually XTR as a whole for the most part keeps to himself. But if you have ever visited DevShed you probably know theres a small group over there who are ignorant and very into running everyone elses companys and if you aren't doing it their way you might as well be a piece of trash laying on the ground cause they will step all over you.
    High Quality Low Cost Hosting For all of your hosting needs. Windows and Linux Dedicated, VPS And Shared!

Thatd be a good idea CTG, if I have time later tonight Ill post something about that so itd stop the confusion.

And Kavey, first of all calm down.

Second, here is a post that you made making a comment "trashing", as you say, another host for not realizing the person had found a host already.
    Link: http://forums.devshed.com/showthread...66#post1101166

Third, it is very unfair to consider another site's forums rubbish because of some bad experiences you have had with them, you know what I am talking about. Although I do see a lot of mistreating of some people there.

Fourth, dont call me unkind or disrespectful. I dont like to see when other hosts are giving the web hosting industry a bad name for things that they do (obviously I cant change every host out there or anything of that matter), but by realizing their mistakes hopefully they wont do it again and after me posting something about the same thing 3 or 4 times can you not see why itd start getting a little annoying?

Matt
    XTR Host
    www.xtrhost.com

That's really nothing unique to any particular forum. People like that compromise a percentage of the population, and you are simply more likely to see them on larger forums than smaller ones. Just use the Ignore feature and don't reply to their posts. It doesn't make 'em go away, but you'll feel better about it.

...Shouldn't this be in the Lounge?

Sounds like someone is just bitter because they sent a shill to devshed and got busted.

http://forums.devshed.com/t253415/s....t=kaveyhosting

Lets stop this from turning into a big flame, but the main reason for this post was to find out others opinions on how some hosts really just do not put in the time or effort and when they go out of business it is sad to see their customers that just made a bad decision and chose that host. And the customers now find it hard to trust another hosting company because of the wrong idea they got from one bad host.
    XTR Host
    www.xtrhost.com

Originally posted by XTR Host
    Thatd be a good idea CTG, if I have time later tonight Ill post something about that so itd stop the confusion.

And Kavey, first of all calm down.

Second, here is a post that you made making a comment "trashing", as you say, another host for not realizing the person had found a host already.
    Link: http://forums.devshed.com/showthread...66#post1101166

Third, it is very unfair to consider another site's forums rubbish because of some bad experiences you have had with them, you know what I am talking about. Although I do see a lot of mistreating of some people there.

Fourth, dont call me unkind or disrespectful. I dont like to see when other hosts are giving the web hosting industry a bad name for things that they do (obviously I cant change every host out there or anything of that matter), but by realizing their mistakes hopefully they wont do it again and after me posting something about the same thing 3 or 4 times can you not see why itd start getting a little annoying?

Matt
    And possibly you can see the difference in my post. The original poster CLEARLY STATED

Phat !
    Ok guys i am sorry i have decided to go with Help House Hosting. Help House Hosting please accept me on your msn thanks alot and thanks for your guys offer

Then people continued to offer. Had he not said that I wouldn't have posted. If i thought they were making the whole industry look bad I would send them a PM. I wouldn't publicly try to shame them. I don't beleive making another host could help me or you or anyone else look better. I don't want another customer by making another host look bad. I am respectful to almost anyone until about the tenth time they cross me. I enjoy this forum and the people here... including you really. Everyone for the most part acts respectfully here because of the rules in place. And I have had more trouble than I care to deal with on DevShed so I don't really care to see the childish bickering from there beeing drug here.

But I will say I apoligize. I should not hold it against you that you frequent that board. I haven't personally had any problems with you. I am just frustrated with that board in general and I shouldn't take it out on you. Sorry.

Originally posted by blue27
    Sounds like someone is just bitter because they sent a shill to devshed and got busted.

http://forums.devshed.com/t253415/s....t=kaveyhosting
    Yeah and any fool knows better than that. I would be willing to give any of you screenshots of his account info. You just decided to bring devsheds fights here. Im guessing you are business partners with steve from 2uk2 hosting?
    You think your **** dont stink either right?
    Not one of you has any reason to doubt anything said. I don't need a damn fake review and I wouldn't do it. I think that is the stupidest **** in the world for anyone to accuse that. But rest assured I can troll through these forums finding reviews and tell everyone that they are fake too. And since you like my fake reviews so much I will even send every last one of my customers to post one so we can get this board into a roar.

The funny thing is most of my customers would probably do that for me because I treat them like gold.

And somehow I thought that this board was moderated... here comes a guy with 8000 posts throwing around accusations like a ten year old.

I apologize too for that accusation. I never try to make another host look bad or put them down and I would especially never do that to get a sale. However as you can see from that thread, after having posted 3 times about the same thing and people still going ahead and posting offers you can see that it got to the point where it was ridiculous.
    XTR Host
    www.xtrhost.com

Originally posted by XTR Host
    Lets stop this from turning into a big flame, but the main reason for this post was to find out others opinions on how some hosts really just do not put in the time or effort
    Unfortunately this is all part of forum life and it ain't about to change soon. People tend to read the first post and hit reply, instead of reading the whole thread. Or in other cases, they just read the title and hit reply. It's goes on everywhere and has done as long as I have been moderating at least.

As a modertator of that section we do see this a lot. Please just report the post so we know about it. I have cleared the post up and closed it.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting