unmetered bandwidth, anyone?

evening all.

i've had/got several separate hosting accounts for several sites that i've made or that i run but i'm in need for a host that has virtually no limit on data transfer or close enough.

usually i pay around $7.00 /mo for hosting but i could probably pay a little more.

so, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. i know it's not common to come across this but maybe someone can help.

well no host can offer you unlimited transfer though there are hosts out there that do offer good packages on transfer

I think you are in the wrong place if you expect someone to recommend an "unmetered" host.
    Fact of the matter is bandwidth costs money. Giving it away for next to nothing equals a host that will go out of business very quickly.

and any host that tells you they will give you unlimited transfer or disk space is lying

i know all about the marketing false advertising of unlimited bandwidth but it will be for downloading video clips fairly often.

i have a current host with 150gb transfer. would that be sufficient?

Particularly for $7 a month.

yeah but if i've got a load of football 9soccer) clips that i'll be capturing on my tv card then uploading for a fairly large amount of people to download, including a few video compilations too, 150gb should be enough?

i have a cliant that does alote of medea he has 185GB and i have never seen him come close to using it up so i think 150GB is sufficient.

your premium plan looks great by the way.

thanks we try are best

It is nearly impossible to find a high quality host that has unlimited webspace and transfer.

*Our
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

Originally posted by phlint
    It is nearly impossible to find a high quality host that has unlimited webspace and transfer.

*Our
    No it is far from 'nearly impossible' it is impossible meaning no such thing, not available, no such service aka blatant lie

I have my site in a good hosting company. They offers 150 GB transfer with JSP support for 20 $.

It is very reliable and I'm very happy at the moment. Their support team is very fast.

Saludos
    Free anonymous web proxy.
    Get, Post, Https allowed for free.

http://www.kproxy.com

The closest thing I can think of is something im trying right now, www.nearlyfreespeech.net. They seem great, and you only pay for what you need.

Originally posted by summcat
    The closest thing I can think of is something im trying right now, www.nearlyfreespeech.net. They seem great, and you only pay for what you need.

Yesterday you are asking opinions about them and today you are recommending them?
    Kind of strange don't you think?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...freespeech.net

Originally posted by blue27
    Yesterday you are asking opinions about them and today you are recommending them?
    Kind of strange don't you think?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...freespeech.net
    I've been with them 24 hours and am happy so far

(I was only trying to suggest them as a possibility--wasn't recommending them)