Is my site about to disappear ?

Hi

I have a site hosted at Cenvo .
    Try gonig to hosting plans and click Order Now . It shows the error msg :
    [Error 2-22] This red license failed to auto-renew and has expired. Please click here to auto-renew your license now.

What on earth does this mean ?
    Will my site disappear after a while ? Its currently working and has been working pretty well ( but since its a small community based site I never really checked daily ). But does that error msg mean that the Web Hosting Co may shotdown and subsequently my site too will vanish ? The server is hosted at The Planet according to whois.sc.

Thanks

They most likely forgot to renew their license on their billing program.
    High Quality Low Cost Hosting For all of your hosting needs. Windows and Linux Dedicated, VPS And Shared!
    http://kaveyhosting.com

But could this also happen if the Co decides to shut down ?

It looks as thought their modernbill license has simply expired (presuming it is modernbill because every orderwiz link I have ever viewed that looks like theirs was modernbill). I would contact their support dept for an explanation. It may very well have just been an error on their part anjanesh. If you manage to get in touch with them and they give a good explanation I doubt they are closing up shop but well that is the bright side view of course they could be lying and go down the drain as others have also. I would merely be careful at this point is all (e.g. Make a backup of your site routinely from this point forward so you don't lose anything in case they do drop and you find youself needing to get another host).

-Justin
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

Probably not. Like kavey said, it's most likely just a licensing issue they haven't noticed yet or are in the process of fixing. Have you contacted support to alert them?

Either way, it's always a good idea to have a backup of your site just in case!
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Thats my first and only web-host. But after joining WHT I learnt a great deal abt Web Hosting Cos.

Cenvo is run by one person or 2 though I've always contacted a single person for the last 1 yr for everything.

He seems to have a account here : 58658

Initially he gave nice and fast support via mail atleast for the first 3 months after which I didnt need any more support because everything was running fine. But now that I wanted to increase the db space etc theres no reply in email or support ticket. The forum is itself one big dummy. This post has been there for sometime now. Even though its mentioned 'cheater', my 3 sites always worked - absolutely no issues at all - I noticed there was a downtime once in the last yr. There is no one to call for support - though mobile phone is mentioned - its not working now. Somehow I digged up his residence number and he replied all my questions. But this is making it very diffcult actually. Theres no online support for the last 3 months or so.

My main site is still working ( other 2 are just development sites ) but wasn't sure if I should move it because I already paid for 2005-2006 ($18). But now I think I should move it. Need to find $20-$30 a yr for my site with no problems. Checked out some but not yet decided.

BTW my package specs with Cenvo - not the current specs - old one - last yr one.

$10 => 10 MB space + 1G BW + 4 MySQL db + 20 POP + CPanel
    $10 => extra 50 MB space

Total adds to $18 actually (Indian currency conversion)

This was really good - thats why I didnt want to move out of this.

into thin air unfortunately.......on the brighter side, it will probably be bought by someone else and make that person very rich.......be happy for him (whoever him might be).....

This will probobly not effect your site but it does show a negative view of the hosting company. It is best for them to get on top of things, especially if their billing program needs a fresh liscence.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

Yeah, when they are not able to accept new orders, they may loose many new customers
    who want to sign up.

Anyway I need to go for an alternative because I need more space etc and obviously I wouldn't be able to upgrade the package at Cenvo.

I found U2Mike meets my needs - the Mini package.
    Please let me know whats your opinion on U2Mike.

Thanks