Who is a good hosting company

Hi, as a new guy to web hosting I need advice please on a replacement hosting company.
    My present company oneandone.co.uk is incapable of offering me satisfactory online or telephone advice.
    I have 10 domain names:-
    4 of them are .com
    4 are .co.uk
    1 is .us
    1 is .biz
    they are not very active sites but I consider (not sure) I would need a minimum of:-
    2.5 gb web space
    20gb monthly use
    can any one advice please on suitable helpful and affordable hosting company.
    I do not wish to break any "no advertising" requirements therefore if you wish to check the type of domain/s I am dealing with (vacation/holiday related) you can see them from my details.

there is alote of good ones out there i would target the smaller web hosts

I'd take a look around at a variety of places. 20gb/month is a fair bit of bandwidth. Some suggestions:

- Site5.com
    - httpme.com

Good luck.

There are a lot of good hosts offering 2.5 GB Space and 20GB bandwidth. I would suggest you do some looking around at hosts that look good to you and ask them (if they don't already have it) about a custom plan.

Well, TotalChoiceHosting has "Platinium plan":
    Bandwith-- 55 Gb
    Disk Space- 2000 Mb
    yearly price - 296.45 $

unlimited subdomains,MySQL, webmail and so on. Their service is reliable, support seems to be never-sleeping. I am not sure about your finances.

Or you may try Site5 plan "SuperHosting MultiSite":
    Bandwith 150 Gb
    Disk space 12 Gb
    price: `16.95$ per month if you pay yearly.

I also reccomend to take a look at Midphase - they seem to be reliable too.

Hello,

You can also try www.micfo.com

I highly recommend them from personal expierence.

Here is their biggest plan.

3,000 MB Space
    120 GB Bandwidth
    Host 18 Domains
    30 MySQL Databases
    cPanel/WHM

15$ if you pay for a year - 19$ for month to month contract.

7. check out some host finder like http://findmyhosting.com

Are you looking for UK or US based servers or would this not be an issue for you ?
    HostedUK - All servers owned by us and based in the UK.
    Hosting since June 2002

Originally posted by maniakaz

I also reccomend to take a look at Midphase - they seem to be reliable too.
    I would NOT recommend MidPhase. I was with them for a while, they were ok at first. Over time they proved to be not reliable (email service was particularly bad, server was often unavailable).

They cancellation procedure sucks, too. They will not let you go unless you remember to cancel TWO WEEKS before your contract is up. If not they will auto-renew you and charge you. They give you really hard time to get out of their "service", and will NOT be cooperative. They will NOT reimburse you for unused portion of your contract, too.

They're out there only for your money. Keep that in mind.

I am glad I am over with them. Stay away or be dissapointed.

Well, there are many.... I have researched a fair number of them, and am using some (US-based) that work for me.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Search the forums, use the host quote feature, view the shared and reseller hosting offers forum. There are many webhosts on these forums.

Hmm... somehow I believe the OP lost interest in this thread... or maybe even forgot he ever visited WHT.

Well not sure about that Dan may be he has subscribed to this thread. But I would like to comment in this thread.

There are good number of hosts around offering the bandwidth and the space that you are looking for. You need to have some search around the forum in order to select the one. It will be really helpful if you could also know the budget which you are looking forward to for hosting your website.

Hi,

As many have said, there are a ton of great hosts here at WHT that can fill your needs. Just read some of the SIGS in the posts. Then doa quick search on them - see what people are saying about them. That should help you quite a bit.

Let us know where you go! Good luck.

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

I would suggest BlueWho.com as I was with them for over 8 months in the past and never had any serious issue AND most important their service is awesome. You always get an answer within 15minutes at any hour of the day.

Sincerely
    PutFile.io Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

I'm about to switch to Bluehost.com...looks almost too good to be true for me. Can't wait to switch

Originally posted by KrazyKid
    I'm about to switch to Bluehost.com...looks almost too good to be true for me. Can't wait to switch

If looks to be too good to be true, then likely it is! Be careful.

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Originally posted by Rorax
    You can also try micfo.com
    I had been using micfo since November 2004. Since that time I've had two incidents where their server hosting my site began running painfully slow. The first incident, back in January, lasted a few days and was resolved when they moved a heavy-hitting account off that server. Then, about a week ago, it happened again. My sites stopped responding and my SQL databases began experencing corrupt tables. After FOUR days of downtime they had still not resolved the problem. I was forced to move to a new hosting provider which, as expected, resolved my problem.

I am now trying to get Micfo to refund the six months of pre-paid service that I have with them. So far they refuse to refund my money even though it was clearly their fault that I moved. I'm still working with them on this refund but it doesn't look good.

So far after about 3 months of research here in WHT, my choices are: site5, bliksemhosting, and hostingzoom. Those three seem to be among the best in support.

Changed my mind. I'm going to go with HostingPlex now. The reps have been extremely helpful with my questions.

Congratulations KrazyKid. pls let us know your experience with HostingPlex maybe a couple months later if you don't mind.

What about Dreamhost?
    Anyone used it?

They seem to be one of the biggest operations in the US which initially made me cautious (reminding me of Microsoft), but I've heard good reports.

I dont think dreamhost is one of the biggest operations in the US but it certainly isnt a small hosting company. They have a good deal of experience and I have heard good things about them .
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Originally posted by KrazyKid
    Changed my mind. I'm going to go with HostingPlex now. The reps have been extremely helpful with my questions.
    I thought you were all for BlueHost just a few moments ago? Good choice, I had heard mixed reviews about BlueHost anyway, please do tell us how everything goes.
    X5 Internet - Cheap, affordable web hosting w/ dedicated solutions!
    24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, cPanel & More

..Everything you want from a hosting company..

Verio is probably the best hosting provider on the planet. They can be reached at, www.verio.com.

It's worth every penny you spend. And yes, I have experience hosting there years ago. They haven't changed a bit.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120