need review for skilledhost

I just want to know what people think of this host and past or current experience.
    Thanx

My sites have been down for almost 2 days and its still down at the moment. No support ticket respond and I'm thinking to move to a new webhost if they fail to fix it within the next 24 hours.

Have you done a search on them here?

- HN Mike
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

i don think i have heard of them

I have never heard of this host, but it would be better if you could get some review for this host. This will provide you some sort of help in order to decide over them. You can look around and search for some reviews over here if they are available or you can check for the support quality by yourself.

Thanx, no it looks like anything that looks too good too be true, isn't true. Cheap web hosting just arn't working out oh well.

Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

The hosting page says '5 Minute Account Activation'. I signed up and the first thing I got was an automated email saying my account would take up to 24 hours to set up.

Fifteen hours later, still no sign of the account. So I mailed support. They replied saying the problem was I hadn't entered a domain name when signing up. This wasn't true. I wrote back. They replied sorry, that email had been meant for someone else.

I wrote saying I wanted to cancel. They replied with my account details, saying my account had now had been activated and they didn't give refunds. This was despite saying in their their terms that users could have a refund minus any time used pro rata.

They pointed me to their terms and conditions. There was a paragraph saying that accounts were usually activated in five minutes but sometimes it took up to 24 hours blah blah.

I didn't remember seeing this and there was a double space above the paragraph, as if it had been added in a hurry. I went to archive.org and looked up an old copy of the page from last October. Sure enough, it didn't contain that paragraph...

After *much* arguing, they told me they had refunded my card. I still need to check that on my statement...

Oh and they also think that most other hosting companies have a 12 hour response time. That hasn't been my experience anyway...

12 hour response? A first level person should at least respond and let you know you are alive before then.

Sounds pretty shaky if you ask me.

To be fair, their actual response time to my complaint was two hours. The 12 hour comment came from them as part of our discussion.

Maybe I've been spoilt, but my experience with Sunwave and DeafeningUrge has been very fast support with email answered within 30 minutes.

Originally posted by Holame
    My sites have been down for almost 2 days and its still down at the moment. No support ticket respond and I'm thinking to move to a new webhost if they fail to fix it within the next 24 hours.
    I would move to a new web host ASAP if I were you. Lack of communication is a very bad thing.

--GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Never heard of them.

According to "Holame" whos site been down for 2 days with no communication with the host, that is a sign to stay away from them.