Thread: Template Rip

Template Rip

I am the admin of www.freemambo.com

Recently Water & Stone water&stone made for me a template (exclusively) for the new freemambo site: www.freemambo.com/website

Today i discover this site:

http://www.tralem.org/index.php?opt...ntpage&Itemid=1

Only me and Water & Stone Water & stone have access to the freemambo acount, so the template was stolen.

How? I donīt know... yet.

If you notice and click on SEARCH, on the right corner, you will find the link to my site (freemambo).

What and how should i resolve this LEGAL issue???

Thank you for your answers.

PS: i didnīt know where to post this, if itīs in a wrong forum please move it.

FIrst email the webmaster and inform them that you are the legal owner of the copyright and ask them to remove it. If they are disputing then ask for evidence. If they refute, then report it to their ISP. It appears that their design has been taken off.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

most likely they did a clone of your site witch i have learned that it is very legal to do

FIrst email the webmaster and inform them that you are the legal owner of the copyright and ask them to remove it. If they are disputing then ask for evidence. If they refute, then report it to their ISP. It appears that their design has been taken off.

Yes i send 2 emails to them. I donīt know if they will remove the design, but in mambo cms we have the ability to "close" the site, maybe he did that for people not seeing what he as done.

most likely they did a clone of your site witch i have learned that it is very legal to do
    Certainly you donīt saw that site, Itīs a RIP, not a clone, the template is 100% copied, thatīs why he shut down the site for a while (i think).

But that template is copyrighted, so if he continues online i will do that communication to his isp,

Thank you for your comments.

yea sorry i didnt read it good i guess i had thought they just did a clone

Re: Template Rip

Originally posted by blogmaster2003
    What and how should i resolve this LEGAL issue???
    Talk to the people whom can give you the answers your looking for, a lawyer.

Webster would know about copy/cloning or getting inspiration as his site resembles ******.com.

Like other have said, contact the pepople tralem... Have they responded to any of your requests?

Originally posted by aingaran
    Webster would know about copy/cloning or getting inspiration as his site resembles ******.com.

Like other have said, contact the pepople tralem... Have they responded to any of your requests?

as fare as my site resembles ******.com i think not i went there maby a couple buttons look the same but the site has alote more than mine does and doesnt look it all the same glasses maybe?as you can tell my site is not a commen template it was made from scratch.
    Last edited by webster13045; 05-14-2005 at 04:37 PM.

Do you honestly think that your site doesn't resember ******.com? They're virtually identical. I think it would be been more professional had use a template that would have been identical to another site, insted of ripping an original design.

How bout you point out the similaritys and Ill point out the differences?

Differences
    ****** absolute left His Centered
    ****** small nav links at the top His Live Chat Link
    Very Similar Nav Bar... Ill Give you that one
    ****** main body lots of half invisible watermarkish stuff and on a shadowed box His all flat and on a blank page
    ****** special ads connected with main body His ads seperated
    ****** no horizontal dividers His 2 horizontal dividers
    ****** short His tall

K your turn!
    High Quality Low Cost Hosting For all of your hosting needs. Windows and Linux Dedicated, VPS And Shared!
    http://kaveyhosting.com

The two sites look nothing alike? Sure they're curvey, so are many other sites :/

Well, i sent a mail to their datacenter, hope that they do something, if not i will try to do legally.

Originally posted by webster13045
    as fare as my site resembles ******.com i think not i went there maby a couple buttons look the same
    The "Order Now" buttons are exactly the same. Tsk tsk.

Not only should you contact the datacenter, but his host.

You people went absolutely off topic.
    Chuck Norris' mother called him Charles once... Once.