how do u backup hosted sites from WHM/Cpanel?

its quite obvious how you can get a full site backup from CPanel but that means that you must know the user's password in order to do that. I have a few sites I'd like to have backed up but cannot do so because I dont have their password. Is there a way of generating a backup for an account from WHM?

Do you have root access to your WHM server? What about the "Configure Backup" in WHM? You can set backups and select the sites that you want backed up.
    Hendrick Networks - Technical, Security and Connectivity Solutions Built on T.R.U.S.T

If your a Reseller the only way without root access would be by login to there cPanel from your WHM and generating a full home backup to your Reseller main account. There is no other way other than that.

You should be able to gain cPanel access to those accounts using their username and your (reseller or root, I think) password.

thanks to everyone for replying.

hendricknet - I thought backup in WHM was only available for remote backups. Thats what I did now.

Duport - I've got root access so it doesn't matter. I'll have that in mind though.

Lev - didn't know that was possible either.

If you have enough space, you can also back up locally using the "standard" option and setting the desired directory towards the bottom. You could backup to a directory and then wget the file locally for a remote backup solution. Really depends on what your after and how automated you want the solution to be.
    Hendrick Networks - Technical, Security and Connectivity Solutions Built on T.R.U.S.T