Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sensris - Has anyone heard of before?

Hi there,

I found this company called Sensris, does anyone host with them, or know if they are good?

http://sensris.com

Thanks
    Max
      0 Not allowed!

Never heared of them before.

webhosting.info sayas they host 194 domains. Don't know how accurate the data is on there however. The domain was registered in 2004 but they claim to have been hosting since 2001. May very well have been, could have been under another name.

Regards,
    Matt Midgley
    Matt Midgley
    ----------------
    http://matt.midgley.name
      0 Not allowed!

Never heard of them - and that can be a good thing or a bad thing. They do post an address on their website which is more than what a lot of hosts do.

Question is, perhaps: how did you find them?

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by themidge
    Never heared of them before.

webhosting.info sayas they host 194 domains. Don't know how accurate the data is on there however. The domain was registered in 2004 but they claim to have been hosting since 2001. May very well have been, could have been under another name.

Regards,
    Matt Midgley
    Where did you find that? WebHosting.info's report for SENSRIS.COM shows that no domain names are hosted by them.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    Question is, perhaps: how did you find them?
    Roj
    Off here
      0 Not allowed!

Some facts about sensris can be found at http://webhostingtalk.com.au

The owner Drew G claims that he:
    • is a lawyer
    • does not need to register a business in Australia
    • does not need to earn money from hosting due to point one

But actually he is year 8 at school, discovered when his name was listed on a school newsletter online, as a year 8 english competition finalist
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 06-14-2012 at 01:49 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

If you don't know digiscape there is such a thing as a trading name, to protect the persons own privacy. The name G is infact my wifes maiden name. I will not say her name for protection.
    digiscape you DON'T need to register a business in Australia, but Sensris isn't Australian anyway, maybe just because I have a datacenter there means I have a business off it, it doesn't because through Sensris you only get hosted in Louisiana, Arezzo - Italy, or in our Canadian datacenter. The datacenter in Australia is for friends, family, and others.

Maxi, go ahead and get hosting off us if you wish. You should never pre-judge off people who haven't been hosted with us.

themidge - under a different name, yes, see darby-net.com our previous domain. We didn't have an internet presence in 2001, we were a provider to businesses and such, also did server setups and such..
    Darby-net is owned by Ben Macarthur, a partner of my company, we do not own it anymore. We host him though...

As for digiscape, just because you've had a bad experience with lawyers doesn't mean you need to attempt to ruin my reputation, if you see the paycheck of a lawyer - decent one anyway, you will understand. Do you want me to hold a meeting with you? I can prove to you all this, I'll happily do it, we have members of the public in most of our meetings, the next one is next year, January the 5th, at Arezzo, Italy, the new site, Lorrie will be leading it as he is looking over the project, I can send you adress details if you require, I can also get you transportation from the airport if you want as well...

Thanks,
    DG
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 06-14-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused
      0 Not allowed!

well, the site is made using Joomla! so thats cool (since i use and love joomla!)

http://www.sensris.com/administrator/
      0 Not allowed!

and whats the point of posting my admin panel? Oh btw, my version of Joomla is alot modified to the standard one, I have looooaaadss of my own components and stuff.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DrewG
    you DON'T need to register a business in Australia, but Sensris isn't Australian anyway, maybe just because I have a datacenter there means I have a business off it, it doesn't because through Sensris you only get hosted in Louisiana, Arezzo - Italy, or in our Canadian datacenter. The datacenter in Australia is for friends, family, and others.
    I think if like you claim you are a lawyer, I would say get some professional accounting advice. Obviously you have no idea what the hell your talking about. It Does not matter where your servers are, you need to register as a business and register for an abn.

If your claiming your hosting as an export then you still need to register your business and abn, on a final note good lawyers can make quite a living off their profession so I'm sitting here at 10 to 12am pondering why you have elected to start a webhosting business.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

The site is offline right now.
      0 Not allowed!

and whats the point of posting my admin panel?
    no harm meant- its just to backup my claim you use joomla. sorry if i offended.

Oh btw, my version of Joomla is alot modified to the standard one, I have looooaaadss of my own components and stuff.
    can you give me an example? have you released these 'components and stuff' to the joomla/mambo community?
      0 Not allowed!

Nah, well, I can give you some if you want, but they are really for my personal use, it wont do much good for you, you'd seriously have to go thorugh my code and such and edit it to match your settings... So, in final, no, not really.

coight, there's many people out there who have double degrees and such, and still haven't chosen their job, I liked being a lawyer for the time I was doing it, it got boring quickly though...
    I had accounting advice before, my accountant said that what I said here is true, and I should be right, but I will register for an ABN later, if I really want to.
      0 Not allowed!

As for digiscape, just because you've had a bad experience with lawyers doesn't mean you need to attempt to ruin my reputation
    Could you please quote where I mentioned I had bad experiences with lawyers? They pay quiet well for design work

Your reputation is your own making
      0 Not allowed!

Well it's just that both here and WHTAU you spend all of my topics into the off-topic because all you manage to do is flame me and get my reputation down..
      0 Not allowed!

1. I have not posted/relied to single topic about you on WHTAU
    2. This is NOT your topic, a member requested information
      0 Not allowed!

I had accounting advice before, my accountant said that what I said here is true, and I should be right, but I will register for an ABN later, if I really want to.
    Ok say hi to Bubba for me.
      0 Not allowed!

Have so, don't lie. Lol, just get over it will you? You spend money on ABN, lose business because of GST, and I don't, anyway, I don't even live in Australia for that fact, I travel all around the world most of the time, and use an Aussie proxy..
      0 Not allowed!

Actually an abn is free, and you don't need to claim gst unless you earn over 50k per year from Australian customers. Perhaps the thread starter also used a proxy
      0 Not allowed!

Wrong, there's the cost of puting and ABN into the system, all of about 10 bucks, and then there's the annual sales report your accountant needs to do that has to be sent off to the government, I'm not really an ABN person, but that's what I've got from me research..
    What's the big deal anyway?
      0 Not allowed!

No, an abn is free. Your research needs more research.
      0 Not allowed!

No, you need more research
      0 Not allowed!

If you are running an Australian business you legally should have an ABN.
    We do web hosting on the cloud. And we do it well. | catsnine.com
      0 Not allowed!

No, you need more research
    YOU NEED AN ABN!!!! ABN'S ARE FREE!!!!

You need a better accountant - I can put you intouch with ours if you really need HELP!!!!
      0 Not allowed!

You silly kids.

By the way, Drew, for a lawyer, you sure have a poor vocabulary. Including your inability to follow the rules of a forum you are participating in.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast