Thread: Savvis or Sago?

Savvis or Sago?

Subj! What better?

Hello,

We have couple of servers at sago and we have had no problem, great uptime, great support..
    no idea about savvis
    Ahosting INC

You're trying to compare a company with multiple datacenters and a nationwide network to a single datacenter. Are you referring to Savvis's Fort Worth datacenter where LayeredTech is? People who are new to the industry seem to do that around here lately .

Savvis is a very underrated company and i think they have a very reliable network and quality servers i never heard a bad thing about Savvis.
    Upright Hosting Web Hosting
    Capital Gaming Game Servers
    Professional - Quality - Satisfaction

I did a review of my last year with sagonet here - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=388416

I haven't been with savvis, so i'm not able to say much in regards to them

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Thanks to all folks!!!

Originally posted by UprightHosting
    Savvis is a very underrated company and i think they have a very reliable network and quality servers i never heard a bad thing about Savvis.
    I'm in complete agreement. They're the best upstream provider I've ever had.

Savvis sounds cool.....as far as functionality, i really have no opinion....lol

Re: Savvis or Sago?

Originally posted by holyway
    Subj! What better?
    Remember that you are comparing a huge communications provider to a single data center. As far as the network goes, I have good experience with both Savvis and Sago.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Savvis Data Center (Location: Dallas, Fort Worth, United States)

I have a server there and havent had any issues, i've just got a new server from Sago and i hope it's just as good

Originally posted by UprightHosting
    Savvis is in the business of selling IP Transit and Colocation services... Savvis is *not* in the business of selling "quality servers." To all of you who parrot everyone else, please stop. It's very unbecoming.

Correct, Layeredtech is ultilizing Savvis DC, they are not Savvis.

Despite Savvis has top notch network, I believe a multihomed Sago would be better. But Sago seemed to have network issue somewhile ago while LT was smooth sailing ;/

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Correct, Layeredtech is ultilizing Savvis DC, they are not Savvis.

Despite Savvis has top notch network, I believe a multihomed Sago would be better. But Sago seemed to have network issue somewhile ago while LT was smooth sailing ;/

Ya, sago picked up another provider a while back (2 - 3 weeks?), wiltel or something like that.

Level3's been *** on and off for the past while, which is annoying

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Originally posted by DeltaAnime
    Ya, sago picked up another provider a while back (2 - 3 weeks?), wiltel or something like that.

Level3's been *** on and off for the past while, which is annoying

~Francisco
    Yeah, some of sago's routes go over wiltel, and the latency is ***.

Thanks to all! If talk about Savvis I want use Dedicatedplace or Allmanaged in Sago!

I can't comment on Sago... however I have been with a provider that utilized Savvis's datacenter.

All I can say is their network is outstanding. Never had any network issues. Only downside is that they're pretty expensive, but you do get what you pay for.