Exist Hosting www.existhosting.com (Use at Own Risk)

I know this is a bit taboo since part of the problem is Superb Servers, but hear me out.

I have purchased hosting from one of SuperbServers resellers. The name of the resellers is www(dot)existhosting.com. They have absolutely the worst service I have ever seen let me tell you the chain of events.

1. I purchased hosting from Best Value Servers (a reseller of SuperbServers) 6 months ago. Everything was fine then. I had good service and little to no problems.

2. Best Value Servers was purchased by Exist Hosting. Exist Hosting fired all the technical support people and left one person there to handle what they call "24/7 technical support". Which means you can leave an email 24/7 and they will get to it during business hours.

3. 3 days ago my servers IP was not connecting to the server. I have called Exist Hosting every 15 minutes since my server went down. They never answered the phone. I am still calling them every 15 min, and I have a staff member calling 24/7 and logging their calls. I have also submitted trouble tickets, emailed the addresses they have shown, and even went so far as doing some web sluething to discover the owners private home number. I have called him. He assures me they are working on the issue.

4. I called Superb Servers and they inform me they cannot get involved. The information is all I require but I am told I am the at mercy of Exist Hosting to obtain the info off the server which Superb Servers has sitting in their data center. I tried asking for technical support directly from SuperbServer, but it is not permitted unless I am their customer, which I can understand. What I can't understand is why I just can't become a superb server customer and just have the same box with the same info. Would it be seen as bad business principle? Not in my opinion since they are essentially saving Exist from more headache and I wouldn't need to pursue legal action on their client.

When I called Superb Servers they have told me they were not informed of a report of any problems. So, Exist hosting has yet to be in contact with SuperbServers. Superb Servers has been kind enough to contact the company and let them know they might be losing a customer to them if they don't resolve the issue. The problem is, due to Superb Servers policy I can't go with them until the issue IS resolved. Again, left at the mercy of Exist Hosting.

5. If anyone else knows any way I can resolve my problem (and no, I didn't have a local back up -- sigh) please respond. I am desperate.

What I can't understand is why I just can't become a superb server customer and just have the same box with the same info. Would it be seen as bad business principle? Not in my opinion since they are essentially saving Exist from more headache and I wouldn't need to pursue legal action on their client.
    How would you like your hosting provider taking your server with the customers you have on it, when you (somehow and hypothetically) fail to deliver proper services?

They are your customers and doing that would be basically stealing them.

If anyone else knows any way I can resolve my problem (and no, I didn't have a local back up -- sigh) please respond. I am desperate.
    Without cooperation from ExistHosting I don't see how you could possibly recoup your data.

Hello,

What really went wrong, is that when we bought BVS, they provided us COMPLETELY wrong information about Server IP's and logins. Therefore when you were asking for support by giving us your host name, what we had on our list from BVS was another server's issue, therefore the IP you talked about was bound to another server from what we had on papers.

It took us 1-2 days to get a hold of BVS for the proper list which by then we provided you instant fix of your server and as you can see your server is back online since this morning.

We are terrbily sorry about this inconvenience but this was not our fault.

PS: We do provide 24/7 support. When we bought BVS, we just bought the customer base and NOT the technical staff, we have enough technical staff on duty. Why it took us long is because we had to get in contact with BVS for proper customer information which when we got it, we helped you immediately.

Sorry about this inconvenience, you will definitely get a credit on your next month's invoice

Thank You

I have called Exist Hosting every 15 minutes since my server went down. They never answered the phone

PS: We do provide 24/7 support
    ^On the Phone, too?

Hello,

He was trying to call on of the owners on his personal phone number.... that is why it did not answer.

Thanks

Originally posted by existsite
    Hello,

What really went wrong, is that when we bought BVS, they provided us COMPLETELY wrong information about Server IP's and logins. Therefore when you were asking for support by giving us your host name, what we had on our list from BVS was another server's issue, therefore the IP you talked about was bound to another server from what we had on papers.

It took us 1-2 days to get a hold of BVS for the proper list which by then we provided you instant fix of your server and as you can see your server is back online since this morning.

We are terrbily sorry about this inconvenience but this was not our fault.

PS: We do provide 24/7 support. When we bought BVS, we just bought the customer base and NOT the technical staff, we have enough technical staff on duty. Why it took us long is because we had to get in contact with BVS for proper customer information which when we got it, we helped you immediately.

Sorry about this inconvenience, you will definitely get a credit on your next month's invoice

Thank You
    You do not provide 24/7 support when I was your customer (for tree months ago).
    I closed my account and asked for a Money back request (12.2.2005), I had been a customer for less than 30 days. Now tree months later, I still havn't seen any money back, and no reply on tickets or mails I have sent asking for my money.

So where is your 24/7 support and your: quote

"EXIST Hosting offers you flexible, full-feaured linux and windows hosting plans. All our plans are backed up by our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee"

I want my money back.....

Sincerely

Kenneth

Hello,

We dealt with your money back issue over email. Please email us for the update as we will not disclose anything on public forums.

Also, since 3 months ago, MANY things changed. You can also see that on our website. Staff, Platform, Technology, all that changed in the first 4 months of 2005.

Thank You

I am not sure I am logged in, but thought you all might want an update as to what Exist Hosting and I are squabling about now. I am the threads originator.

They sent me a bill for the total ammount of my service. Even after they said, "Sorry about this inconvenience, you will definitely get a credit on your next month's invoice" in a post above.

The I replied to them via email with this:

I should not be billed for this month.

You failed last month in your 99% uptime gaurantee while I had 3 days
    of downtime.

NASH

I checked recently to their site and they now advertise a 100% uptime gaurantee

But today I get an email from them which says:

Hello,

3 days of downtime.. Sorry we do not credit one full month for 3 days of downtime

Thank You

After all that, I checked, and they have locked me out of my pop accts and root server cpanel. These guys business practices are about like someones idea of saving social security. Screw you while they can. I have everything on another server and just getting things set up on a name server to make the switch official, but now I am also on a personal conquest to explain how crappy these people are to the rest of the world. I hope if you are someone who works for them you have an updated resume handy.

Pay them, get your data, and leave. Afterall, they obviously feel saving a bit is worth more than a lifelong customer.
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

How long have you been a client?

Since they bought Best Value Servers. (About 2-3 months). And about 4 months before that.

nashcarey,

I do not find any mention of 100% uptime anywhere on EH's site. Even if there is, I'd take it with a grain of salt - there is no such thing as 100% uptime unless you're working at NASA.

A pro rated refund seems fair.

I'm curious, if you don't refund fully for 3 days of downtime, when do you give a full refund? When they are down for the whole month?

Originally posted by Cserver
    I'm curious, if you don't refund fully for 3 days of downtime, when do you give a full refund? When they are down for the whole month?
    That is at the hosts discretion. But this was out of their hands in the first place.

They change their site as problems come up to basically give themselves legal wiggle room.

www(dot)existhosting(dot)com(dot)servers/
    This is where the 100% gaurantee was. The word used to link to a policy that said a full refund would be given if your server was down for more than 4 hours during a month. Now I find this:

www(dot)existhosting(dot)com/guarantee/
    This is where they say they have a 100% uptime gaurantee but I guess now it is only permitted in the first 30 days of your service.

Also have done more googling and find it seems more people have issues than I had originally thought. Some even on this forum. I appologize for not starting the thread on one of those already established.
    www(dot)ozzu(dot)com/ftopic31009.html
    www(dot)webhostingstuff(dot)com/comments/EXISTHosting-74.html
    www(dot)webhostingtalk(dot)com/archive/thread/275229-1.html
    www(dot)webhostingtalk(dot)com/archive/thread/268611-1.html
    www(dot)webhostingtalk(dot)com/archive/thread/208631-1.html

It seems there is a big underlying issue.
    1. The 24/7 tech support is fictional.
    2. The money back gaurantee is not real. They expect custumers to not pursue the hassle.

Sorry for all the links that don't work. Until I get 5 posts here I can't link. But you know how to fix them if you all want.

Yes, fake 24/7 support.

gotta love lawyers and contracts.

If they change their site often - meaning lack of planning on their part - then it's fair game, abandon them and move out en masse.

And 100% uptime for the first 30 days simply is a lie.