* ***PR4/5 [IPTAB.NET] Website For Sale**

Hi all,

I have a PR4 website that I recently started, that I am selling. This will be an auction, please see below.

The site
    The URL is http://www.iptab.net. The site is a resource for users who want to find out their IP address, and network information. It has several PHP scripts on it that have been adapted from GNU scripts. This includes a connection speed tester, browser information, proxy status checker, and a ping tool. The site also has an "Email this information" form, which I have disabled pending the sale of the site.

The PR
    It has a Google Page Rank of 4, and sub pages have a PR of 5!!! This is a high page rank -- and advertising space can easily be sold on the site. I've kept it pretty plain, but the possibilities are endless.

The Graphics
    I did all the graphics myself (can you tell?). Auction winner will have full rights to all site graphics, which includes a main header logo and a 468x60 banner. I'll send over PSDs.

The Scripts/Features
    >> Homepage: Displays users' IP, Hostname, Browser/Agent, Resolution, Referrer.
    >> Bandwidth Reading: Users follow a link, and the site tests their bandwidth. It displays a graph as well as a numerical reading.
    >> Browser Properties: Displays all public information about a users browser, and their settings.
    >> Proxy Detector: Displays whether user is on a proxy connection, and their IP.
    >> Ping: Allows user to ping an IP or domain and results are shown.
    >> Info Explination: Explains all scripts and information on the site.

Other Info
    I am selling this site only because I just don't have time to develop it, and there's no sense in hanging onto it unless I can do something with it. The only traffic stats I have is the page counter at the bottom. I didn't write the scripts on the site myself, but they were modified to fit the site.

Who's this for
    This site is really for anybody in the web dev industry. Webhosts can REALLY benefit from this because they can send their customers to this as a support site. Design companies, communities, etc, can use this site to draw in visitors for their anchor sites. The site can be taken in any direction, and with a PR4, its a *really* good start. Selling text links on this will easily allow you to profit from this.

The Auction
    I am auctioning this site exclusively on WHT. Payment should be made via PayPal (I am verified) and I can provide any proof of ownership you would like. Minimum bidding increment will be $10. The bidding will start at $170.

Buy it now (BIN) is $450.

I can provide hosting for the first few weeks, and I will work with the new owner to transfer over the domain and site files.

Please PM me with "SOLD" if you agree to BIN, or reply to this thread your bid. I will contact the winner to proceed with payment. Auction ends Sunday, May 16 at 4:00 CST. May the bidding begin!
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources
    Read about your company in the news
    Web Hosting Press Releases

Question:

Can you provide info on the domain name?
    Yes -- it was registered through Namecheap.com, and expires 20-feb-2006. Transfers are free as long as you have a Namecheap account, which are free. It currently has WHOISGuard on it. I will transfer it over once funds have cleared for winner.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

the page view stats below is daily view or monthly view?

Bid: $170

Originally posted by NeonHQ
    the page view stats below is daily view or monthly view?

Bid: $170
    you mean his counter? it's probly all time like most counters are.

Can you PM me some statistics please?

I am also curious as to how a PR of 4/5 is obtained in just a few months.

Hi guys,

As I said in my first post, I really don't have any stats. The reason for this is because it's hosted as an addon domain on one of my hosting accounts, so cPanel provides no stats. The hit counter is a running count.

The PR was obtained because the site has been discussed at a few web dev forums, and I've linked to the site from some of my sites. I'm willing to leave the links up for the first month or so.

I'm still very curious as to how the sub-pages have a higher PR than the homepage, as I only link to the homepage. It baffles me.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

In that case, you should have the stats under the domain to which it's added, surely.

Originally posted by vidahost
    In that case, you should have the stats under the domain to which it's added, surely.
    I decided to check subdomain stats -- and looks like you were right.

I posted some webalizer stats: http://www.iptab.net/iptab-stats.gif

Edit: For some reason, webalizer and my page view counter don't add up. I don't really know why this is.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

Important
    After consulting with a few friends, if the auction goes over $220 I will leave my inbound links up for at least 2 months from date of auction close. This includes a link from a PR6 site.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

Ok, the stats there are significantly lower than the page counter.

I shall bid $210.

Originally posted by vidahost
    Ok, the stats there are significantly lower than the page counter.

I shall bid $210.
    We have $210 -- only one bid away from the free links for 2 months!
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

Due to the amount of PMs I've been getting, the BIN (Until 12:00CST on Saturday) is $350. If you post your offer at or before midnight for the BIN, it's yours. We can complete the transaction tonight.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

We're still only $10 away from the free advertising for a few months! Only 4 hours left to bid on this PR4/5 site! You can easily pay for the site by selling text links on it in one month!
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

if its not over i bid $250.

as long as you transfer domain and setup site at new location.

I bid $260.

We currently have a high bid of $260 (above). Please note the error in my first post, Sunday is May 15th, not May 16th.

The auction, as written above, will end at 4:00CST. This means you have only 2 hours and 30 minutes to bid on this outstanding site!

To answer interservermike's question, I will assist in transferring the domain and site files.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

i bid 270$

Site sold at BIN. Thank you all for your bidding.
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources

Thanks for a smooth sale & transfer Dan