Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Asking about VersaWeb

    Hi everyone,

    I want to ask people who tried or know about VersaWeb.net.

    Is it a good company to try it, because I noticed that their prices are less than other companies ??

    if not, what is the best company provide dedicated servers ??

    Thanx ...

  2. Their pricing for "InterNAP" in San Jose was so far below all other providers in California we didn't even consider them. I like to get my service as cheap as possible, but when it is that low...I walk.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,201
    I have allways reccomended www.layeredtech.com because their support and network is amazing.
    I have never heard of VersaWeb.net. Have a search on WHT for a few reviews.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

  4. #4
    [email protected]

    Bakie

    thanx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    842
    Superfly -

    I find it interesting that you would basically accuse us of not delivering on the product we advertise due to our pricing scheme. You have never even opened a ticket with our sales department that I am aware of to check us out, yet you feel perfectly comfortable making a recommendation against our service based solely on our pricing. It is uninformed, baseless opinions such as yours that seriously limit WHT as a source of reliable, useful advise for those people that are looking for good advice. If you have actual, first hand information, by all means report your experiences. If you don't, then don't make unfounded, unreliable, or baseless comments about someone else's services that you have no real idea about.

    We have been able to secure some extremely agressive pricing from Internap, and currently offer a 100% pure Internap bandwidth product. We have stated for quite some time that we also plan to add additional carriers to our services as well, but currently our bandwidth is pure Internap, as advertised. Our links to Internap are currently at under 50% utilization, and as i'm sure any of our actual customers would report, we have excellent latency and very good throughput rates.

    Their pricing for "InterNAP" in San Jose was so far below all other providers in California we didn't even consider them. I like to get my service as cheap as possible, but when it is that low...I walk.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

  6. #6
    Thanks,
    Rob T

  7. Originally posted by Rob T
    Superfly -

    I find it interesting that you would basically accuse us of not delivering on the product we advertise due to our pricing scheme. You have never even opened a ticket with our sales department that I am aware of to check us out, yet you feel perfectly comfortable making a recommendation against our service based solely on our pricing. It is uninformed, baseless opinions such as yours that seriously limit WHT as a source of reliable, useful advise for those people that are looking for good advice. If you have actual, first hand information, by all means report your experiences. If you don't, then don't make unfounded, unreliable, or baseless comments about someone else's services that you have no real idea about.

    We have been able to secure some extremely agressive pricing from Internap, and currently offer a 100% pure Internap bandwidth product. We have stated for quite some time that we also plan to add additional carriers to our services as well, but currently our bandwidth is pure Internap, as advertised. Our links to Internap are currently at under 50% utilization, and as i'm sure any of our actual customers would report, we have excellent latency and very good throughput rates.
    Is what I said not true? It is a matter of fact...your pricing is much cheaper than most carriers in the west coast...it was so low, in fact, that we didn't trust it and didn't pursue it. Please let me know exactly which part you feel isn't true...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,179
    [email protected], that is the most asinine comment ever. You're judging Rob's company simply because of his prices?

    Rob runs a solid company. The only reason why his bw is so cheap is because InterNAP was selling InterNAp really cheap in that market ... so if you want to make these judgments then fine ... but making it a public claim is offensive
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    34

    Versaweb - Great Service so far

    I'd like to point out that their pricing scheme doesn't directly reflect their service at all... Rob has always been quick with his responces whether it be on Yahoo! messenger, or via their support ticket. As for their network performance, they have been supberb as I, nor customers of mine have noticed any spikes or downtime.

    note: I've been with them for a few months now, using one of their dual opteron machines.

    Thanks Versaweb
    -Eric Osborne
    www.NitrousHosting.net

  10. Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    [email protected], that is the most asinine comment ever. You're judging Rob's company simply because of his prices?

    Rob runs a solid company. The only reason why his bw is so cheap is because InterNAP was selling InterNAp really cheap in that market ... so if you want to make these judgments then fine ... but making it a public claim is offensive
    Again...it's a fact. I'm not saying VersaWeb is junk, I'm saying my company was scared off due to their ridiculously low pricing. I really think you guys are reading way too much into this. IT IS A MATTER OF FACT THAT WE DIDN'T PURSUE THEM BECAUSE THEIR PRICING WAS LOW... Doesn't matter if it wasn't fair of us or not, it is a fact and you can't argue with it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    34
    Maybe you are reading too much into my comment...as all I stated was that Versaweb is a good company.
    -Eric Osborne
    www.NitrousHosting.net

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,084
    Versaweb is pretty good.

    Network is decent and works well for gaming customers on the west coast.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    95
    Versaweb is an amazing company to work with! I have had A LOT of experience and over $15,000 (estimated) of transactions with them.

    Top notch... Rob's rackmount server company is great as well, www.galtdigital.com


    Top notch, I would not be scared of their pricing being reflective of their service... not with Rob being the captain of their ship.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    83
    If they provided VLAN AND MRTG/RTG quering the switches, it would be better.

    A little slow on supports.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,179
    I would agree that versawebs is great - not so much galtdigital
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    833
    Originally posted by jacknoc
    If they provided VLAN AND MRTG/RTG quering the switches, it would be better.

    A little slow on supports.
    Is it slow to help or slow to fix problems?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    96
    iv been with versaweb for a month or 2 shy of a year
    iv only had a few issues that where addressed very smoothly and quickly, my setup time when i first ordered took a few extra days but thats because i wanted some customization done, other then that..i switched from my old provider to versaweb within 4 to 6 days and stable running on the 7th day.


    Support?
    i have my support issues and emails nawsered within a few hours, over the weekend itsa little slower, but not weeks or anything like that..

    Overall rating?
    i give versaweb 9 out of 10


    OCXBIOS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •