Asking about VersaWeb

Hi everyone,

I want to ask people who tried or know about VersaWeb.net.

Is it a good company to try it, because I noticed that their prices are less than other companies ??

if not, what is the best company provide dedicated servers ??

Thanx ...

2. Their pricing for "InterNAP" in San Jose was so far below all other providers in California we didn't even consider them. I like to get my service as cheap as possible, but when it is that low...I walk.

I have allways reccomended www.layeredtech.com because their support and network is amazing.
    I have never heard of VersaWeb.net. Have a search on WHT for a few reviews.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

[email protected]

Bakie

thanx

Superfly -

I find it interesting that you would basically accuse us of not delivering on the product we advertise due to our pricing scheme. You have never even opened a ticket with our sales department that I am aware of to check us out, yet you feel perfectly comfortable making a recommendation against our service based solely on our pricing. It is uninformed, baseless opinions such as yours that seriously limit WHT as a source of reliable, useful advise for those people that are looking for good advice. If you have actual, first hand information, by all means report your experiences. If you don't, then don't make unfounded, unreliable, or baseless comments about someone else's services that you have no real idea about.

We have been able to secure some extremely agressive pricing from Internap, and currently offer a 100% pure Internap bandwidth product. We have stated for quite some time that we also plan to add additional carriers to our services as well, but currently our bandwidth is pure Internap, as advertised. Our links to Internap are currently at under 50% utilization, and as i'm sure any of our actual customers would report, we have excellent latency and very good throughput rates.

Their pricing for "InterNAP" in San Jose was so far below all other providers in California we didn't even consider them. I like to get my service as cheap as possible, but when it is that low...I walk.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

Thanks,
    Rob T

7. Originally posted by Rob T
    Superfly -

I find it interesting that you would basically accuse us of not delivering on the product we advertise due to our pricing scheme. You have never even opened a ticket with our sales department that I am aware of to check us out, yet you feel perfectly comfortable making a recommendation against our service based solely on our pricing. It is uninformed, baseless opinions such as yours that seriously limit WHT as a source of reliable, useful advise for those people that are looking for good advice. If you have actual, first hand information, by all means report your experiences. If you don't, then don't make unfounded, unreliable, or baseless comments about someone else's services that you have no real idea about.

We have been able to secure some extremely agressive pricing from Internap, and currently offer a 100% pure Internap bandwidth product. We have stated for quite some time that we also plan to add additional carriers to our services as well, but currently our bandwidth is pure Internap, as advertised. Our links to Internap are currently at under 50% utilization, and as i'm sure any of our actual customers would report, we have excellent latency and very good throughput rates.
    Is what I said not true? It is a matter of fact...your pricing is much cheaper than most carriers in the west coast...it was so low, in fact, that we didn't trust it and didn't pursue it. Please let me know exactly which part you feel isn't true...

[email protected], that is the most asinine comment ever. You're judging Rob's company simply because of his prices?

Rob runs a solid company. The only reason why his bw is so cheap is because InterNAP was selling InterNAp really cheap in that market ... so if you want to make these judgments then fine ... but making it a public claim is offensive
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Versaweb - Great Service so far

I'd like to point out that their pricing scheme doesn't directly reflect their service at all... Rob has always been quick with his responces whether it be on Yahoo! messenger, or via their support ticket. As for their network performance, they have been supberb as I, nor customers of mine have noticed any spikes or downtime.

note: I've been with them for a few months now, using one of their dual opteron machines.

Thanks Versaweb
    -Eric Osborne
    www.NitrousHosting.net

10. Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    [email protected], that is the most asinine comment ever. You're judging Rob's company simply because of his prices?

Rob runs a solid company. The only reason why his bw is so cheap is because InterNAP was selling InterNAp really cheap in that market ... so if you want to make these judgments then fine ... but making it a public claim is offensive
    Again...it's a fact. I'm not saying VersaWeb is junk, I'm saying my company was scared off due to their ridiculously low pricing. I really think you guys are reading way too much into this. IT IS A MATTER OF FACT THAT WE DIDN'T PURSUE THEM BECAUSE THEIR PRICING WAS LOW... Doesn't matter if it wasn't fair of us or not, it is a fact and you can't argue with it.

Maybe you are reading too much into my comment...as all I stated was that Versaweb is a good company.
    -Eric Osborne
    www.NitrousHosting.net

Versaweb is pretty good.

Network is decent and works well for gaming customers on the west coast.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Versaweb is an amazing company to work with! I have had A LOT of experience and over $15,000 (estimated) of transactions with them.

Top notch... Rob's rackmount server company is great as well, www.galtdigital.com

Top notch, I would not be scared of their pricing being reflective of their service... not with Rob being the captain of their ship.

If they provided VLAN AND MRTG/RTG quering the switches, it would be better.

A little slow on supports.

I would agree that versawebs is great - not so much galtdigital
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Originally posted by jacknoc
    If they provided VLAN AND MRTG/RTG quering the switches, it would be better.

A little slow on supports.
    Is it slow to help or slow to fix problems?

iv been with versaweb for a month or 2 shy of a year
    iv only had a few issues that where addressed very smoothly and quickly, my setup time when i first ordered took a few extra days but thats because i wanted some customization done, other then that..i switched from my old provider to versaweb within 4 to 6 days and stable running on the 7th day.

Support?
    i have my support issues and emails nawsered within a few hours, over the weekend itsa little slower, but not weeks or anything like that..

Overall rating?
    i give versaweb 9 out of 10

OCXBIOS