Should I Just take pay-pal?

should i just take pay-pal or should i look at another credit card processor as well?

give me your opinions please..

Thanks,

-Jim

If you dont have a large amount of monthly transactions it will be good...if you have more than 1000 u$s a month, i suggest you a merchant account

Accepting only PayPal will be limiting. They do not accept payments from all locations, and many people without accounts do not wish to pay through PayPal even with the no-account-required checkout.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

a merchant account from where?

what other options are good and easy to setup?

It all depends on where you are located. In the United States, merchants have thousands of options available to them. Usually if you are processing more than $1,000 a month, a merchant account is usually more feasible.

Use both. As others have stated, there are advantages to both. As a consumer, I'll take you more seriously if you offer more than just PayPal.

well at this point i am not doing more than 1000$ monthly what can you mention some good options?

I would use paypal no matter what the sales were like. It may cost you a bit in processing costs if you are turning more than $1000 monthly, but there are quite a few people who would much rather pay with paypal (and some who will not do it any other way).
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

You alos might consider 2CO until your volume has been built up. Plus starting & using 2CO might help you review fraudulent transactions prior to using your own merchant account. This will help cut back on your chargebacks with your merchant account.

thanks guys i already have paypal but was currious what else i should do thanks for the input

I would go for paypal and 2checkout.
    Lookup your IP: snoopmyip.com
    Proxy Guide: proxyspot.com

To get started with a small online business PayPal is a good solution. Being an eBay company, PayPal is widely known to many internet users.

3rd party payment processors are mostly unknown to potential customers, but I agree you should offer a credit card payment option that does not require signing up for an account.

3rd party payment processors are mostly unknown to potential customers, but I agree you should offer a credit card payment option that does not require signing up for an account.
    Just a note - I think it was already mentioned, but in case it wasn't clear - PayPal does not require buyers to sign up for an account. The PayPal Account Optional checkout is available for Buy Now and Shopping Cart payments (but not Subscriptions).

Do I understand it right that the PayPal Account Optional checkout is only available with credit card payments? Does PayPal accept credit card payments using the PayPal Account Optional checkout feature for all countries or only for countries approved by PayPal?

PayPal Account Optional checkout is only available for credit card payments. Anyone who wants to pay from a bank account, for example, would need to register for an account first.

PayPal Account Optional checkout supports the same countries available for PayPal account signup. (It does not support all countries worldwide.)

paypalrb, thank you for clarification. I just found the list of PayPal approved countries. In case someone is interested: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ntries-outside

17. As previously mentioned, there are many options for a true merchant account. This option combined with the Paypal option is sometimes a good solution for businesses just starting out.

There are many merchant providers that offer low monthly fees combined with competitive rates to suit your needs.