Offering Email Only Plans

I was thinking about offering email only plans through HELM. I can setup the plan and have the going. My question is this, is a customer signs up for it do they have to have their domain completely pointed to my server.

Here is the situation i see happening - a customer maybe gets hosting free somewhere, but only a few emails or none at all. They want to keep their site there, but want email else where.

Could they just point thier mx to my plans, or would they have to point the whole domain to my servers and then use the dns in HELM to point back to their web site.
    No Signature Required

There are two ways you could do it. One is host the dns for the customers. Manage the dns records so MX points to you and the domain and www.domain both point to the web hosting company. The other option is to have the web hosting company host the dns and have the web hosting company point the MX to you. Either solution would work. Most hosting companies are flexible enough to work with you either way you do it.

ok - if the hosting company set up the dns, how would i handle setting it up in HELM. Just add the domain like normal?
    No Signature Required