Angry Who the !@#$% is this host?!

Hello everybody.

I've seen so many websites which have the following nameservers:

ns(1).securenet-server.net

or:

ns52.securenet-server.net

and also:

alpha.securenet-server.net

I believe this is an anonymous nameserver given by a certain web hosting company.

Does anybody know who this host is?! Their website has nothing on it except an abuse-reporting email.

If anyone has used these guys, are they any good?! But we have to FIND THEM FIRST!!!

Best regards.

Wink

It's a tough one, isn't it?

Even you if do a search in one the major search engines like Yahoo, Google and MSN you don't get any clue about the hosting company that offer those nameservers!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

IP whois lookup shows they are from Global Net Access datacenter (gnax.net). Can't go any deeper.

hum..

i've been searching for a hour now and.. still not finding anything interesting..

great challenge

I looked a list of the domains that are supposively hosted on that IP.

I got --
    http://inet-technologies.biz
    http://whitewaterhosting.com

Source: http://whois.webhosting.info/63.247....&ob=SLD&oo=ASC

Those both seem to be web hosting company related.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

6. Searching through google, it seems that alot of hosting companies use securenet-server.net's nameservers. It goes as high as nsxxxx.securenet-server.net and maybe more.
    dettec Web Solutions
    Your Budget-Friendly Web Solutions Provider.
    http://www.Dettec.com

Thats a tough one. Some of us love giving our resellers untracable nameservers to make it seem exclusive. I own about 10 untracable addresses myself. It saves the reseller money to not ask their host to make IPs, when the main reason for those Ip's are to prevent what you are doing, figuring out the source.
    John Travis - [COLOR="Green"]The Internet Merchant Account Guru
    * Best Merchant Accounts - US Based Businesses Only * Click Here to Request Rates * Eco Friendly Hosting
    * ENZU Intelligent Cloud Hosting / VPS / * Dedicated Servers * Great Prices! *Click Here for Our VPS/Server Specials! *

Pretty easy... found the host... not sure whether I should post the host name or not..
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Probably best that you dont. I mean it is good promotion for them, as I found them as well. But the average person wouldnt go all out looking, and thats the concept.
    * Best Merchant Accounts - US Based Businesses Only * Click Here to Request Rates * Eco Friendly Hosting
    * ENZU Intelligent Cloud Hosting / VPS / * Dedicated Servers * Great Prices! *Click Here for Our VPS/Server Specials! *

hey guys...care to PM me how you traced it? i just want to know how to do it so that i can verify how easy my name server can be traced..thanks.

Originally posted by aci-john
    Probably best that you dont. I mean it is good promotion for them, as I found them as well. But the average person wouldnt go all out looking, and thats the concept.
    Do agree, also given the not very good reviews and opinion about that host at WHT.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

That's strange!!!

I thought these forums are losing the very reason why they were created in the first place!!!

We found the host, but we WON'T tell you!!! Why?! Isn't it all about sharing experiences in here?!!!

Best regards.

Originally posted by jerjo
    That's strange!!!

I thought these forums are losing the very reason why they were created in the first place!!!

We found the host, but we WON'T tell you!!! Why?! Isn't it all about sharing experiences in here?!!!

Best regards.
    Well - I dont think its right to "OUT" someone just based on a forum wanting someone to track them down by nameserver. If they wanted to be found, they would make it more obvious. I host more than 7,000 domains, and I see where they are coming from. Its all about being transparent. No forum is worth that. I encourage my customers to use these forums as well, and I refuse to damage my integrity, especially seeing that protected domain registrations are part of my business model.

Originally posted by jerjo
    That's strange!!!

Best regards.
    I do agree.

* Good Point :)

Well - I dont think its right to "OUT" someone just based on a forum wanting someone to track them down by nameserver. If they wanted to be found, they would make it more obvious. I host more than 7,000 domains, and I see where they are coming from. Its all about being transparent. No forum is worth that. I encourage my customers to use these forums as well, and I refuse to damage my integrity, especially seeing that protected domain registrations are part of my business model.
    dear aci-john.

I completely understand what you mean. But I like the transparency these guys offer. I tried to find them just to take a look at their reseller plans. I came across many sites that use their nameservers. I fell under the impression that they are good (looking at the number of the search resluts at Google when searching for securenet-server.net).

Are those guys open for public?! I think so!

I know that the owners of the resold accounts should not be able to reach the "mother-company" in any way, but how about resellers who are searching for a better provider?

I came across these guys and thought of asking... Maybe somebody is using their service, and, maybe, he/she is happy with them.

That's all there is...

jerjo,

BTW: who is your current host and how has been their performance... If you can share...
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Originally posted by NeoGen
    jerjo,

BTW: who is your current host and how has been their performance... If you can share...
    Hello NeoGen,

There's no current host. I'm still shopping. But, until now and from what I've seen here and elsewhere, I'm very impressed with hostgator plans.

:: Unlimited Reseller Hosting :: Host UNLIMITED DOMAINS resell web hosting services at your own price and brand. Complete transparency in every aspect...
    Special Windows Reseller plans Now Available
    :: R-e-s-e-l-l-e-r-H-o-s-t-i-n-g-S-i-t-e-.c-o-m ::

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Hi, my friend have an account with them, urbanismo.com.mx an his DNS is:

ns47.securenet-server.net

His host is ace-host.net/ he have only 1 month and the only I can say that is

Service: http
    Outages: 7
    Downtime: 11 hrs, 0 mins
    Uptime: 98.21%

Red face

oops!

At least I didnt say it

But also, godaddy has something to do with the DNS. Domains by proxy is a sister company of theirs that does private registrations.

oops!

At least I didnt say it

But also, godaddy has something to do with the DNS. Domains by proxy is a sister company of theirs that does private registrations.
    See

Nothing is kept a secret forever.

Best regards.

Thanks a lot hilberth

Re: Who the !@#$% is this host?!

I believe this is an anonymous nameserver given by a certain web hosting company.
    Yes, they are GoDaddy anonymous servers.

Thats a tough one. Some of us love giving our resellers untracable nameservers to make it seem exclusive. I own about 10 untracable addresses myself. It saves the reseller money to not ask their host to make IPs, when the main reason for those Ip's are to prevent what you are doing, figuring out the source.

Ditto, we use anonymous nameservers and hostnames for all of our servers for reseller customers.

blah.server1001.com
    blah2.server1002.com

etc...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)