cancell account if it's send spam? alaways?

our policy about spam it's; first time notify the customer, second time cancell the account. I think it's the standard on the industry, but sometimes i 'm because the customer really aren't the person who make the spam, he only have and old version of *nuke with a mountain of bug, of course it's his responsability to manage a good system up to date, but the result it's that i lose the customer for always.

any comments about this will be welcome, thanks !
    honesting.es honest european provider

If you know that its not the owner of the account who has generated the spam, then if you get no response from contacting them, and informing them that spam has been sent from their account as a result of out-dated software on their account, then i would suspend their account until they fixed the problem before terminating.
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

yes, the problem it's that a lot of times, the owner say "ok, i updated" and then we found that not, or perhaps it's giving free hosting or reselling to his friends, etc. This causes a big amounts of lose of time, and the ips starts to appear in block list damaging another users... really complicate the spam solution !!

Well looks like you could loose more then that client if all the ips get blocked. Other clients should not get put in the middle because of one client just a little tip .

Originally posted by pueblosnet
    yes, the problem it's that a lot of times, the owner say "ok, i updated" and then we found that not, or perhaps it's giving free hosting or reselling to his friends, etc. This causes a big amounts of lose of time, and the ips starts to appear in block list damaging another users... really complicate the spam solution !!

yes i think so, but always i'm sad telling a customer that i can't host him anymore ... SPAM SUCKS !!

you shouldn't think about him... but think about your business...

The only thing he needs is a new host ... this is far than a hard task ... There's so much hosting company, he will find another one pretty fast...

Its illegal and makes you look bad, so Yes, I would delete anyone who deliberatly sent spam on the very first offence (make a big point of no spam in your AUP, TOS, SLA, etc). If it was an accident, work with them to fix the issue and explain that they need to ensure it never happens again as you cannoy host accounts that send spam, even if by accident.

Better to lose one customer than all of them when you get blacklisted. It's not like anyone is going to care when he says "X host is bad because they wont let me spam!!"

The last not is to clearly define spam and make sure they are really spamming. If some moron forgot he signed up for a sites forum and is now complaining about a forum mailer, then its his fault and changes the game.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.

Re: cancell account if it's send spam? alaways?

our policy about spam it's; first time notify the customer, second time cancell the account. I think it's the standard on the industry, but sometimes i 'm because the customer really aren't the person who make the spam, he only have and old version of *nuke with a mountain of bug, of course it's his responsability to manage a good system up to date, but the result it's that i lose the customer for always.

any comments about this will be welcome, thanks !
    I think it is very hard and fast action and one can loose a prospective clients.
    It may be the permanent solution for a temprory problem.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 05-14-2005 at 07:21 AM.

Make sure before giving out hosting the client has read the TOS/AUP and clearly define Spam and make sure they understand thats it something thats illegal and shouldn't be carried out.

If it happens to often I would suspend the account no matter what. It is his responsibility. Yes, you will lose the customer but if he costs you a lot of time to deal with his spam problem you`d be better off shutting him down.