Dedicated Central -- I thought it was illegal to advertise when banned?

Dedicated Central is running banner ads on WHT saying they're sorry since an "overly aggressive" salesperson got them banned on WHT. As far as I can tell, they're still banned. I thought companies that were banned from WHT were not allowed to advertise on here. What's the deal?
      0 Not allowed!

It'll be interesting to see what iNET has to say about this, if they respond.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I saw that banner. I checked it's properties and it was actually an ad.doubleclick.net ad banner.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Pretty sad that a company has to run apology ads on WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Dedicated Central -- I thought it was illegal to advertise when banned?

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    Dedicated Central is running banner ads on WHT saying they're sorry since an "overly aggressive" salesperson got them banned on WHT. As far as I can tell, they're still banned. I thought companies that were banned from WHT were not allowed to advertise on here. What's the deal?
    Well, they couldn't advertise by posting in the advertising forums.

The forum is the forum. In order to use it, you have to read, understand, and follow Forum Guidelines.

Members are banned from posting to the forum, when they repeatedly violate policy.

I don't see banners as forum participation.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Dedicated Central -- I thought it was illegal to advertise when banned?

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue

I don't see banners as forum participation.
    That’s because posting doesn’t make any money, as long as you guys allow banners WHT is making money.

If they aren’t good enough to be a member of the community, why let members of the community, see ad's from the company? Totally hypocritical. They are not good enough to post here, but hey want to toss money this way, we will let you in just for that.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by concept
    That’s because posting doesn’t make any money, as long as you guys allow banners WHT is making money.

If they aren’t good enough to be a member of the community, why let members of the community, see ad's from the company? Totally hypocritical. They are not good enough to post here, but hey want to toss money this way, we will let you in just for that.
    Nonsense.

I don't make any money off their banner being there.

I could care less if a banned member paid to have their banner here.

Just because someone can't (or won't) follow forum guidelines, doesn't mean they can't (or won't) run a business.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

It wasnt an attack towards you, more towards iNET. I respect you for sticking around, doing your job. Still, if a company cant play nice, why let them advertise? If your banned you should be banned, if not let them back to post and ad.
      0 Not allowed!

Probably should be put in the rules somewhere that posting and banner advertising are 2 different animals. Banners bring the $$ to iNet. Maybe a disclaimer saying "Companies banned from posting may still advertise on iNet properties" or something like that.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't see a problem with Inet allowing a company to advertise if they have been banned.
    I think these people should be allowed to waste their money.
    Most people who see a banner here will most likely do a quick search and find out that the member has been suspended. The would be a bad start for the advertiser.
      0 Not allowed!