Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wholesale Internet Down?

Are any other users experiencing trouble getting to servers with Wholesale Internet? Their site, as well as my server, seem to be down.

http://www.wholesaleinternet.com/ is them
    http://www.lalso.ca is my server

Thanks in advance
      0 Not allowed!

I am not able to access there site from California. so yep the seem down.
      0 Not allowed!

*sigh*

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

there is probably an issue with power in the building.

another provider is down as well ...
      0 Not allowed!

They told me over an hour ago it was their UPS. Not sure how a UPS can take down a DC. Not sure if he meant power was out and their UPS failed.. Anyway they told me to e-mail support.

Funny considering their server is down - don't think they will get the e-mail.
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone know more about this other provider who is down?
      0 Not allowed!

WSI's down for me in Dallas. I'm actually slightly relieved, though, cause I was a bit late in paying, so I was hoping that I didn't have it shut off on me and lose all my sites or something. I need to make a new backup ;-).

Rick
      0 Not allowed!

I'm in Toronto and I am down as well with WSI, I thought it was just me, glad to see I am not the only one.
    I'm sure Aaron and James are on it.
      0 Not allowed!

WHI down for me also. Both my server and also their website is unaccessable from PA. Server also not accessable from FL through another of my servers. Seems their entire network has lost connectivity.

Hopefully WHI gets this issue sorted.

-Justin

EDIT: Just noticed outage is now already at just over 2 hours. Not looking good.
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone have an updated word? Aaron, you out there?
      0 Not allowed!

I have also a server at WSI and its down...
      0 Not allowed!

ok people ...

the WHOLE building is having power issues. so it's not only james and aaron working on this; it's MCI, cogent, WilTel, kcnap, list goes on ...

from what I heard, it could be awhile before things are back up...

damn storm season in missouri!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I just got off the phone with one of the WHI support personnel and they are working on getting secondary power switched over. There are engineers on site as well as nearly every network carrier also. I have been told they will be power cycling everyone to be sure everybody is back online once the power is restored.

-Justin
      0 Not allowed!

Hello All,

Here is a brief synopsis of the issue so far.

The building we are in is undergoing some renovations. One of the contractors didn't plug a storm drain they had cut from the roof. It's been raining here for several days. The storm drain has been emptying into the basement and sub-basement.

At this point the sub basement in the building is completely under water, to the point where the basement above it has an inch of standing water on the floor. Power comes into the building in the sub basement. All the transformers and power distribution hardware is under water. Our generator is also in the sub basement along with several other providers.

We are waiting for some backup generators to arrive at 6am (central). This will restore limited service. The power systems in the building are trashed and may take days or weeks to fully restore.

We are somewhat fortunate in that our transformers are on the 9th floor so as soon as the fire department gets the basement pumped out it should just be a matter of KCP&L flipping our cutover switch and we'll be back up.

At this point I don't have an ETA. Williams, Cogent, Qwest, Expedius, Broadwing, MCI, SBC.... etc etc etc are all in the same boat and thier NOC techs are all on site as well.

I will update you again when I am able.

Aaron
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like a huge problem. I hope it all gets worked out. Would be a shame for clients to lose business to a problem with dc building structure.
      0 Not allowed!

mo powah to zee bryant
      0 Not allowed!

Wholesaleinternet.com is UP. my server is still down. What is the situation status?
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, I didn't know the storm yesterday was that bad. Now I feel kinda better that I was not able to pick a Kansas City datacenter for colocation, although I regret I had to colo in NYC DANGIT! I hope things get worked out Aaron. Is Switch and Data down? Also, you guys got the UPS in? I saw someone post saying something about a UPS, and you said you are getting one this month.
      0 Not allowed!

TheNetWay,

according to what I was told over the phone when I had called them, the technician/support person I spoke to did state the UPS's seized/drained and that is when the systems all went down obviously. So, yes I would presume they now have UPS backups.

Aaron is there any ETA on when the client systems will be back online?

-Justin
      0 Not allowed!

I am back up.
      0 Not allowed!

my server is still down?
      0 Not allowed!

So is mine.
    I wouldn't trust it too much if it did come back just now.
    It sounds like they're going through power outage hell at their data centre at the moment and who knows if there will be more outages until the power company sort out supply?
    I really feel for the guys at WII... good luck and here's hoping for a happy ending.
      0 Not allowed!

server still down here as well. I wonder what ever happened to the backup generators. Hopefully this mess is fixed shortly. Would really be nice if power companies wouldn't drag their feet just because it is early morning.

EDIT: Just got a reply from Aaron that they are restoring power and servers should be coming back up in blocks. More then likely being done to prevent any chance of overloads.
      0 Not allowed!

They do not have backup generators. The building does, but it's not theirs, it's MCI's.
      0 Not allowed!

aaron ? any news?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast