Thread: More Indexing

More Indexing

Well, I had 200 pages indexed from Google and they were actually giving me some traffic, than Google removed, out of the nothing, around 120 pages of my website.

How can make it re-index the pages? By the way, I have 400+ "easy indexation pages" (/webhost/#number.html).
    Thanks in advance.
    PHP Web Hosting - Directory to compare PHP web hosting service providers with mysql databases and searchable database with over 400 mysql php web hosts.
    Web Hosting Providers Directory containing more than 400 unique web hosts. Searchable database for reviews and ratings of web hosting companies.[/center]

Webase,

As long as you have incoming links to your Website, and you have no "no index" meta tags in your Website then Google should pick them up.

Have those 120 pages been updated at all recently? If not then that might be the case why Google dropped them.
    - Jamie Harrop

Originally posted by innovationhosting
    Webase,

As long as you have incoming links to your Website, and you have no "no index" meta tags in your Website then Google should pick them up.

Have those 120 pages been updated at all recently? If not then that might be the case why Google dropped them.
    Well, they have had small changes. But why would Google remove em just because there were no changes?
    PHP Web Hosting - Directory to compare PHP web hosting service providers with mysql databases and searchable database with over 400 mysql php web hosts.
    Web Hosting Providers Directory containing more than 400 unique web hosts. Searchable database for reviews and ratings of web hosting companies.[/center]

I am no search engine expert Webase, however, from my little experience I do understand that Google promote the fact that you should update your Website as often as possible to keep it indexed.

Hopefully somebody with a little more search engine knowledge will jump in on this thread.
    - Jamie Harrop

I am no search engine expert Webase, however, from my little experience I do understand that Google promote the fact that you should update your Website as often as possible to keep it indexed.

Hopefully somebody with a little more search engine knowledge will jump in on this thread.
    Doesn't make sense to me. How come people have thousands and thousands of un-updated pages out there on Google?
    And actually, I do change em every while...

Create a page that links to each of the pages, and have each page link back to it. Link to that new index on a site that Google spiders, and it will eventually index your links.

[atleast that should work]

Just looked my stats and yesterday I had a massive spidering from Google, MSN and Inktomi Slurp (What's this, by the way?)

Inktomi Slurp 536+23 8.31 MB 14 May 2005 - 05:03
    Googlebot 373+13 7.40 MB 14 May 2005 - 11:45

Yet my Google Indexed pages are still at 87. Does Google takes some time before actually adding the pages?

Inktomi is the Overture/Yahoo! network of search engines.
    Voxxit - Accessible Web Design & Secure, Affordable Web Hosting
    Now offering 501(c)3 non-profit discounts!
    Ruby on Rails included with every hosting account! - Save up to 80% bandwidth on all plans with mod_deflate!
    Visit our services page to see how Voxxit can help you today!

Webase,

Give it some time. There is no way of telling how long it will take for Google to pick them up again. As long as pages that are indexed by Google are linking to the pages that are not in Google, they should get picked up again soon.

Another thing that occured to me, Google may have penalised you because it may have seen something it chose to interpret as cheating, if this is the case, it may well have dropped a lot of your pages as punishment.
    - Jamie Harrop

Wohoooo! I just looked now how much pages I had indexed with Google and it was way more than I ever had! 445.

*So Happy*

Glad to hear it Webase. The best things come when you wait.
    - Jamie Harrop

Glad to hear it Webase. The best things come when you wait.
    I was a bit sad because Google was bringing me like 10-15 visits/day, then after he unindexed the page, it was like 0-1.
    I hope now it'll be back to 10-15 or even more.