Wink Terms and Conditions TOS

hi,
    This is a bit cheeky, but i am new to all this and i don't know the real ins and outs of the implications of legalities for a reseller. phew that was a long sentence.

As i said it's a bit cheeky but what sort of things should i be including in the TOS? Anybody know any good examples i can peruse?

I will be based in the UK but hosting from servers in the USA (HostGator) if it helps.

cheers
    guys

Re: Terms and Conditions TOS

Originally posted by thefunkysoulone
    hi,
    This is a bit cheeky, but i am new to all this and i don't know the real ins and outs of the implications of legalities for a reseller. phew that was a long sentence.

As i said it's a bit cheeky but what sort of things should i be including in the TOS? Anybody know any good examples i can peruse?

I will be based in the UK but hosting from servers in the USA (HostGator) if it helps.

cheers
    guys
    Definantly include the following:

Uptime Garuntee (Under what circumstances you will refund during downtime)
    Refund Policy
    Account Termination and Misc Fee's Policy
    etc.

If you need a real good example, check other hosts.. Just don't copy and paste, or you may be saying something that you can't promise.

The first place to take a look at will be Hostgator's TOS because the restrictions that apply to you, will apply to your customers as well.

Take a look at their FAQs as well (http://www.hostgator.com/ticket/index.php?x=&mod_id=2). Certain things there will interest your customers as well.

Good luck!

As Dan recommended, you should use HG's TOS/AUP as a guideline. You can check their's out right here >> http://www.hostgator.com/tos.shtml

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Your TOS should include everything that your upstream provider expects. After all, that is how you are governed.