10k daily uniques, 1 million verified members - should I sell?

hello,

can you guys give me any advice?

I run a site which has outgrown me. some stats about the site:

* has about 1 million registered members with verified e-mails

* number one in google search results in its specific area (related to movies and DVD's) for more than 3 years in a row now

* 10 000 daily / 320 000 monthly unique visits

* 270 000 daily / ~8 000 000 monthly page hits

* a current alexa traffic rank of 57k, usually between 40k and 80k (whatever that means though)

* online since 2001

at this point, no shared hosting providers want to take me on and and all recommend I get dedicated hosting. however, since dedicated hosting is much more expensive, I'd have to find a way to support the site with banners, advertising etc (I so far haven't tried to make money with the site). but I have other things going in in my life and I really don't want to become a full-time manager for the site, especially because I lack many of the technical skills required to do that and I also don't feel like I want to devote my time to acquiring those skills just to keep the site running.

one option is to just donate the site to someone else, but another is obviously just selling it. however, I have no idea what it may be worth. I've been offered $1000 for the domain name. is that fair? or should I put it up for auction on ebay? should the domain name and the website be handled separately or together? it'd be nice to see the site continue under someone else, but if someone who doesn't care about the site itself and just wants the domain name offers a lot more than someone who'd keep the site itself running, then I don't know... I guess it depends on how much more then.

I've also heard of a site sedo.com that supposedly handles the selling and buying of websites - is it any good? is that the industry standard website for such transactions or are there any others? what would you recommend? what do you think would be a fair asking price for such a site?

as you can see, I am completely-completely clueless, so please have mercy on me ANY advice is most welcome. thanks!

I highly reccomend sedo for selling websites with domains. I have sold a few there myself. The only problem with sedo is that they normally take a lot of money from the sale.
    Can you supply us with a link to the website so that then we can vallue the domain better.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

If all you say above is true, you can probably earn 5 times more if you just park the domain name, than the offer you have received.

It is really interesting if you could provide the domain name.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

ok, the name of the site is divxsubtitles.net

you can see traffic details about the site here:

http://www.divxsubtitles.net/stats

in your honest opinion, what could be a fair asking/selling price for such a site/domain?

Your site has only a title page right now. If you want to sell it, keep it active so your potential buyer can check your site and your customers(visitors) comes back!

yes, I see now that I should get dedicated hosting nevertheless and ASAP, no matter what happens later (whether I integrate google adsense or sell the site or something else).

since I wasn't making any money off the site, I was initially taken aback by the prospect of having to pay $150 per month for the site (or this is what my host told me the charge would be) instead of my usual $10. but I guess I should just take the plunge then.

If you realy get "320 000 monthly unique visits" you can make $1000 in a month with no problem.

tonyx,

You can add google adsense to it. Also you can sell advertising banners. Depends on which market segment you have and from which countries.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

You can get a server for around $99.

With 320K unique visitors, assuming 1 million page impressions, put two adsense spots on our site, at 0.5% click-through rate, you will get 10K clicks. If each click makes you 3 cents, that's $300 income.

if you look at march and april the site no longer gets 10k uniques/day - traffic seems to have gone down tremendously

Yeah, the monthly visitors dropped 95% in Feb and March, but if you look at the detailed monthly data, you will see that he had the site up only two days in each of the two months.

tonyx, you should get the site up ASAP. You are going to lose visitors fast if the site stay off for too long.