need legal advice

ok i bough a domain of a freind who i trusted to look after it, now he has gone an taken it and redirects it to my rivals, he has hijacked the domain and will not give it back

i have paypal logs showing i payed for the domain
    i have msn chat logs dated and timed showing him say its mine and that he will look after it host it etc
    i have msn screen shots saying if i do not do what he says he will take it

i have 2 witnesses that were in and viewed all chat logs saying he will take it and screw me over

what can be done?

Not very much if the domain is in his name.

You say this is a "friend"?

was a friend

now some twat thats stolen all my work

well put it this way if you were in my shoes you buy a domain of a friend they look after it for you, you spend alot of money on a vB license, and work your *** of promoting the site, just 2 have 1 kid come along and deside he wants it

need legal advice
    Your lawyer would be the best person to get legal advice from.

unfortnatly they cost, ad its kind of late where i am, and if you see what situation im in at the moment i need halp alittle faster than i can get it

Originally posted by 135791
    unfortnatly they cost
    Then whats the point of you wasting your breath on it?

WHT is not a spot to get legal advice.

couse if its good enough i would go to one

and please if your not going o help then dont post, im pissed of as it is

you spend all your time promoting your site then have it taken away

Originally posted by 135791
    couse if its good enough i would go to one

and please if your not going o help then dont post, im pissed of as it is

you spend all your time promoting your site then have it taken away
    I know your frustrated but by posting here about it, it decreases the chances of you ever winning a law suit about it. Do the right thing and the only thing that will be able to give you a for sure answer, contact a lawyer. If your unsure contact your parents.

You should be mad at yourself too. No one can take advantage of you unless you somehow allowed it to happen.

That said, unless you are willing to spend some money and get a lawyer (first consultations are generally free)...you need to put this behind you and consider it a life's lesson and learn from it for next time.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Even if you cannot afford a lawyer and just want some free advice, WHT is definitely not the best place for that. I'm sure there are places on the web where legal things are discussed routinely and where lawyers or ex lawyers spend time. Try to find such a place.

what can be done?
    If you cannot talk this friend into giving you your domain back (free or for an acceptable amount of money) you can sue. But sueing takes money, which you state you don't have.

<<< Quoted post removed. >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 05-12-2005 at 11:20 PM.

do youhave a contract. Without a contract specifying that your domain was to be bought by him on your behalf, you need to either prove that you have a copyright or trademark on the name.

From the tone of your post and the spelling...

Why not print everything out and take it to his parents? Cheaper than a lawyer, at least.

Is it possible you can contest the paypal payment?