No Support from nocster/Burst

Has any one been having trouble getting in contact with Burst's support department? I've been with them for 3 years but haven't had to coantct support in a while. I know they were pretty bad before but it looks like they've gotten worse. Yesterday I had a priority 1 ticket sit there for hours and go unanswered. Today I have a server thats been down for well over 3 hours and that ticket is still unanswered. I didn't think they could get worse but it looks like they have.
      0 Not allowed!

Here's the away message on Burst's AIM Id: "Sorry, I ran out for a bit!" I guess he's the only one there or they all ran out. Reboot request has been sitting unanswered for over an hour. That's pretty pathetic..
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNET: i just got back to my desk from working on a server in the noc
    DoubleJ***: are you the only one working or something?
    BurstNET: i will be with you momentarily

Guess they only have one tech working at a time???
    Last edited by doublej; 05-12-2005 at 03:18 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Did you try calling? I'm not sure why they bother using AIM. However when I was with BurstNET their support was probably their best feature. Submiting a ticket/calling was the best way of getting things done quickly for me.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe they may have had some issues related to an upgrade yesterday. Support has been around 45 minutes this morning. Still waiting for one issue to be resolved.

The AIM thing may have been related to a shift change.
      0 Not allowed!

Well I've been waiting hours for a simple reboot request and can't get anyone to respond.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by doublej
    Well I've been waiting hours for a simple reboot request and can't get anyone to respond.
    Why not try calling? I am sure they will help you out on the phone.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

I have noticed my server was down 3 times with no monitoring and Nocster/Burst claims that they have a working monitoring system in place. All this happened within the first 14 days since I received this server after signup. Right now my server is down and I have sent 2 support requests 1 hour ago.

Their network is extremely sluggish and support is slow.
    Beware!

Abraham
      0 Not allowed!

Finally got a response from Burst. They said they disconnected it and didn't bother to notify my or give me any reason. What a great company!
      0 Not allowed!

What does it mean "disconnected it"? You mean your account was terminated? Maybe they have "disconnected" me too
      0 Not allowed!

No my account is there and paid up. They just disconnected it because some stupid tech thought it was having hard drive issues. But I guess all the do is disconnect the server and wait for you to contact before they actually do anything and they also don't bother to notify you either.
      0 Not allowed!

Jesus, they are scammers. I got this reply from their support:

"That server has been cancelled by your reseller. Please contact them for further assistance."

There is no reseller involved. I cancelled the next billing period, but they closed my account before end of current paid period.
      0 Not allowed!

abraham did you purchase the server direct through Nocster?

doublej last ticket took 55 minutes so that's pretty good.
      0 Not allowed!

I bought it through NOCSTER, but all billing and other emails I received were from BurstNET. Does the following billing look like there is a reseller involved?

Your invoice details are listed below.
    Please contact us if you have any questions, or visit billing.burst.net for further details.

BurstNET Technologies Inc.
    PO Box 591
    Scranton, PA _18501
    Phone: 1-877-BURSTNET(1-877-287-7863) or 1-570-343-2200
    Fax: (570) 343-9533
    burst.net
    [email protected]

Invoice #66717

Date: 4/26/2005 6:11:14 PM
      0 Not allowed!

My ticket took longer than 55 minutes. It was about an hour and a half for a reboot request. I didn't post on here until later. I was wondering if others were having trouble contacting their support department.
      0 Not allowed!

abraham, Nocster is part of Burst. They just use the name Nocster for their dedicated servers. Did you purchase the server through Nocster or Burst or did you buy it from one of their resellers?
      0 Not allowed!

I clicked the link on NOCSTER website, but then I was redirected to BurstNET for payment, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

So you purchased directly from Burst which means there isn't a reseller involved. I don't know why they'd say your reseller canceld the server than.
      0 Not allowed!

doublej, did you notice that BurstNET "filtered" their forum messages from yesturday? A wkole thread of mine "BurstNET closed my account before end of billing period" was among the removed messages.
      0 Not allowed!

Talk to CSMburstnet I am sure they can sort things out.
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon
      0 Not allowed!

There are 2 sides for every story. Lets wait and see what burst CEO has to say about this.

Willy
    WCSWEB.NETWORKS - 24x7 Support We're here to help anytime, day or night!
    WCSHOST.Net <- Call us (800) 590-0017 ->
    Linux based Cpanel Shared and Reseller premium Hosting with Fantastico & rvskin
    Windows based Helm Shared Premium Hosting / Remote Backup solutions
      0 Not allowed!

<< There are 2 sides for every story. Lets wait and see what burst CEO has to say about this. >>

This was absolutely our fault, and we apologize for that.
    We accidentally cancelled a server that was not to be cancelled for another 7-10 days.
    We're human, and we do make errors occasionally.
    As soon as we realized what had occured, we put the server back online as quickly as possible.
    Customer is up and running since that time, and will be active until corrected cancellation date as requested...
      0 Not allowed!

This was absolutely our fault, and we apologize for that.
    You know what Mr. BurstNET? This is business so keep the apology gestures to your wife and kids.

In the morning I check my websites and find the server to be dead, just a couple of days after I received the server. This is what your support guy had to say about it:
    "The servers are monitored. Yours did not appear on the monitor for some unknown reason. The monitoring system is set to include your server."

A few days later I find the server dead again in the morning and this time your support didn't bother to explain why they didn't notice that the server was down.

Do you realize how much it costs me if my server is down overnight? Apology won't compensate it. Aren't you ashamed to sell unmanaged servers under the title of managed servers?

Then comes the third time that the server is down, but this time BurstNET took it off because they "thought" the account is cancelled by a non-existant reseller. The server was down for about 18 hours.

Do you know what Mr BurstNET? You are too incompetent. Do you think the $189.85US you took from me was an honestly-earned money? Do you think I benefited from your service? No, your service damaged my business and I have already removed my websites from BurstNET since I can't afford further damages.

And finally do you think by removing complain messages from your forum you can fool other users? Sleep on Mr BurstNET.

Abraham
      0 Not allowed!

<< You know what Mr. BurstNET? This is business so keep the apology gestures to your wife and kids. >>

I'm sorry my apology offends you. Maybe I should have been as rude/obnoxious to you as you have been to our staff?
    Geez, you try and do the right thing and apologize for a mistake, get an issue corrected, and get berated for doing so...
    As bad as it sounds, we would really prefer that you do take your business elsewhere--as I don't think we could ever make you happy, even if we gave you your own full time employee to assist you :-(

<<And finally do you think by removing complain messages from your forum you can fool other users >>

Complaint messages ARE NOT PERMITTED on our forums. Our forums are for announcements and assistance from other clients, NOT for complaints, staff support, or reboot requests. Any posts that violate this will be deleted.
      0 Not allowed!

<< Aren't you ashamed to sell unmanaged servers under the title of managed servers >>

First of all you purchased a "basic managed" server, NOT a "fully managed" server--DO NOT confuse the two. If you feel we don't provide some managed support with these, I advise you to do some further research--the one thing we are known for is the quality of our tech support team and the fact that we go above and beyond what is expected.

<< Do you know what Mr BurstNET? You are too incompetent >>

And you are extremely rude since you signed up with us, and we will not tolerate it. BurstNET is an INC500 Company, one of the grandfathers of the hosting industry--we have nothing to prove. If and when you decide to act in a professional manner, please feel free to contact us--and we will be more than happy to assist you at that time.
      0 Not allowed!

in waters ...

I have been using Burst.net for a short time - I guess about 3 months or so -

This past week their network experienced a dDos. and it appears like it is happening again,

I have servers with ThePlanet, He.Net and do my colo with Burst as well.

I have found their staff to be the best between all the companies I have dealt with.

Benji Arcus (I think the spelling is right) Is a down to earth person - he calls the shots as he sees them - and will do anything that he can to help a customer.

Mike - from customer service is pretty much the same way.

I think what seperates you from me - and the many other satisfied customers is you think you were oversold - or given something other than what you ordered - and are unwilling to accept an apology or exactly what it is - an apology.

I pray that you will be able to forgive and move on.

I am sure that if you were to visit the threads I have over @ EV1 you would understand some of the true nightmares that I have had in the hosting industry over the years . Just as I was unhappy there - I learned to forgive and move on.

I have had my servers taken offline more than once by a tech pulling down the wrong server, I have had my hard drive reformatted @ a datacenter as the tech mis-read the server id #,

This is the reason you have more than 1 server - and the reason you use options like round-robin dns - etc. . .

If you were to ask me - do you always reach tech support when needed @ Burst - I would say - not like I do from The Planet -

But on the other end - I have been given the cell # of my sales agent @ Nocster / Burst.net which allows me to make sure he can get to the bottom of any issue if/when needed. i have never been given this @ the Planet, EV1 (Rackshack) nor HE.net

Much of how we are treated as clients - is because of how we treat those who are providing us service.

I am still in the process of evaluating Nocster before moving more than just the 4 servers I have testing there now - and so far they are doing well (except for...the ddos issues)

I am not happy with the dDos issues as of late- but I am very pleased with the level of customer service, support, and followup giving by each staff member of Burst Net.

Kudos to:

Sales:
    Benji

Support:
    Jason A
    Mike ?
    Wayne E
    Dominick E
    Dave S (windows guy)
    & Chris H

My only complaint is the downtime this week ...
    but thats not a customer service issue - how they treat me - thats a service issue...
      0 Not allowed!

Re: in waters ...

I have been with Burstnet for what...3 or 4 years now, with regular hosting for longer I suppose. I always sticked to these guys, knowing sh*t happens and that not everything can be prevented. The service used to be good... lately, they are going worse and worse.

Several times tickets were closed without actual solution. Now the dDos attacks that nobody can give me an ETA on... nor tell me how it's possible that we're experiencing this for a second time this week. Is it impossible to prevent this? I don't know, I don't have enough expertise to judge about that... but a little more intel would be appreciated - especially provided I get the angry phonecalls etc. If they can't give ETA...at least they could let us know what they are doing then... what, wait for it to stop? What if it goes on for a day...two..three? I do not believe nothing can be done and I do not believe precautions can not be taken.

All that I could handle... but when I call support, lightly irritated but polite...and the guy hears he's getting criticism... to which he responds ' are you bursnet or nocster client' after which I answer nocster and he tells me this is only for bursnet... makes me mad. I am not calling for support, I am calling for an explonation and for information.... it's Friday, 6 hrs later than in the US and people need to get work done. I can't 'sell them 'I don't know...or they are working on it for 7 hrs already... and I don't know when it will be working..'

There are many good guys in the support section that help me real quick if I ask them to through AIM and bigups to those... but certain people and I'm not going to call names, just don't get it. To those, I'm just a number and they do not care for the clientele.
    That is my opinion on this issue.

Stepan

Originally posted by hostmedic

Kudos to:

Sales:
    Benji

Support:
    Jason A
    Mike ?
    Wayne E
    Dominick E
    Dave S (windows guy)
    & Chris H

My only complaint is the downtime this week ...
    but thats not a customer service issue - how they treat me - thats a service issue...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BurstNET
    BurstNET is an INC500 Company, one of the grandfathers of the hosting industry--we have nothing to prove.[/B]
    Off topic / you're completely right on communication that should happen in a professional manner etc etc. so I'm not reacting to that..just to the above statement though....

You have constantly something to prove..whether you're an INC500 company or not, that's what keeps you in business!
      0 Not allowed!

If you experience poor customer service and/or support
    I dont care if its @ McDonalds, BurgerKing, Office Max - there is always a ladder to climb to the top.

You are a customer - and always have the decision to move.

I am sure that you have had customers who you have rolled your eyes with and just been totaly disgusted with - we all have.

I had a customer who called us stating since he moved his website to our servers - his computer no longer works and wants us to pay to have it repaired.

How having his small .com move onto our servers made his monitor crap out - is beyond me -

In any event - yes we all need to give support - and yes we all need to be polite - but its hard to please everyone.

I wonder about the nocster / burstnet thing - that has never happened to me - If I got that I would just drive up w/in the week and pick the servers up and place them all elsewhere -
    but only after climibing the ladder for support and service first.
      0 Not allowed!

We are with burstnet for almost 3 years now. Reselling servers for them as well. There are times when things go up and down. And btw we are all HUMAN. We make mistakes. What Abraham fail to realise even the server was canceled / disconnected they didnt wipe the data. We had several incidents where we cancel a server with Burst and then client change there mind even some time after 3 days and Burst does keep the HDD for few days. Does Planet or EV1 do that. Not really They just wipe and resell.

Btw guys what about lou? & specially Salman. He is one of the Best Tech out there. Specially when it comes to Data Recovery. Jeanie is the sweetest lady i have ever spoken with in the hosting industry. and the best thing is they have the Best support team out there.

Not many hosts will publicly appologies like BurstNet did.
    Server4Sale
      0 Not allowed!

well put

Server4Sale

you turned me on to Burst -

And I am glad you did.

Never dealt with Solomon - but I guess its proof they have more than 1 tech on during a shift.

I have been there in the middle of the night - as well as during the day -

there is always more than just 1 person roaming around.

Kind Regards
      0 Not allowed!

I'm having trouble getting in contact with Burst's support department too.

I have a server down since 3 days now and they have close ticket even if the server still down

And the worst about BurstNet is they not communicate.

And sometime they not proceed order too.

If i need support for cPanel server, they are very fast but when
    it't ticket for a window server they are not professional at all.

I dont understand why they act like this, but be sure i will transfer my servers to another datacenter very soon if they continue to ignore me when i send ticket.
      0 Not allowed!

<<And finally do you think by removing complain messages from your forum you can fool other users >>

Complaint messages ARE NOT PERMITTED on our forums. Our forums are for announcements and assistance from other clients, NOT for complaints, staff support, or reboot requests. Any posts that violate this will be deleted

Are you afraid your forums would fill up to quick.

My experiance with BurstNet, was about the same as the first two posters, the worst that I have ever had, with a dedicated provider.

All I can say is do your research.

Jim
    http://FireStormHost.com
    Low Cost Reseller Hosting
    http://5under5.com
    Low Cost Shared Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Given the fact that nothing's changed over the years from Burst, I've got to seriously ask why.
    Why do people continue to throw money away on a company that refuses to support their customers like this?
    Why do people continue to throw money away on a company that has more downtime than most ANY other company out there?

They keep saying "It's fixed", but the repeated issues keep repeating themselves, don't they? If anyone's still using Burst THIS late in the game, after THIS many problems, it's their own fault.

As far as the issues:
    Apologies don't mean crap, seriously. Your own accounting practices should be better, and you damn well know it. This isn't the first time you've done this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Shutting down a server that's NOT supposed to be shut down isn't acceptable, for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, this is typical for Burst. From "unplugging" servers (for no reason mind you), forgetting to plug them back in, assigning one ip to two servers, causing all kinds of problems there, to providing absolutely poor customer service and technical support, to the absolutely poor attitude of SMA, the company's bound to fail sometime. It's just a matter of when.

This isn't an isolated incident, as someone else said, use the search function. That'll provide a lot of stories just like this one, and of course my own.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!

Hey...look who's back! We'ren't you banned yet for harassment of our company? I coulda sworn you were, or atleast darn close to it.

I'd love to see you host 200,000 domains without any complaints, and anyone else for that matter. Not gonna happen.

And these issues never happen at any other provider, right? Right. There is not a single provider out there that has not had issues like this. EV1, The Planet, Verio, Interland, even your beloved Rackspace--all have the same issues that occur from time to time. It's a service related business, and therefore has a human factor. Unfortunately we cannot all be perfect like yourself, and can only strive to provide the best service humanly possible to our client base. That may not be good enough for you, but that is good enough for our vast majority of clients--and those are the people we care about.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 05-22-2005 at 12:27 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNET, who are you reffering to?
      0 Not allowed!

linux-tech i m preety sure
    Server4Sale
      0 Not allowed!

Hey...look who's back! We'ren't you banned yet for harassment of our company? I coulda sworn you were, or atleast darn close to it.
    In your dreams, maybe, but nowhere near it, not even warned. Sharing true experiences is not even close to harassment, it's the truth, and it'll be my pleasure to continue to do the same stuff day after day , whether it's your company or someone else's.

And these issues never happen at any other provider, right? Right.
    Actually, to the degree that they happen with your company, no they do not. Any company, regardless of size is going to get complaints, but if you take a look on these forums, who will constantly pop up as the company with the most outages? Burst. Who will pop up as the company with the most complaints? Burst. From billing to support to these kind of issues, it's hands down, Burst on top of the list with support "issues" like this.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!

I do have to add a side note here

Knock on wood the dDos issues seemed to be gone now
    it was just an hour or so of latency ...
      0 Not allowed!

I have to agree. I haven't had even close the the problems with every other company I've worked with combined as I've had with Burst. I'm currently waiting for your billing department to get back to me about charging me for a server twice. It's already been a week. How long does it take?

I'm just glad we have pretty much everything off our Burst servers and running new servers in another datacenter.
    Last edited by doublej; 05-22-2005 at 06:56 PM.
      0 Not allowed!