Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why not combine the cybercafe & pub idea, they pay to get drunk, you then sell them a slot on the PC and they'll be too drunk to actually notice how fast it is, so you could get away with a 512K ADSL line and 10 PC's

I'd put it all on a bluechip firm on the LSE.
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

I'd put it all in network equipment manufacturer like cisco, etc..

When IP v6 will take the market in a few years those companies will make huge profits.

You could purchase half a semi of pringles

John,

How much does it cost to advertise on your website? PLEASE PM ME the information

I think you should create your own webhosting company they make a pretty steady income when its a good live hitter company.

If you did not want to do this if I was you I'd save it, even though its like man I got the money in my hand "LEMMIE USE IT!" - heh I know how that feels the urge to spend it lol.... Anyways I would either throw it into your currrent company or either save it for a hosue or a car, you may want to update your self such as get your self a new steady computer, steady house, food, fix anything on your car.

Then what you have left save it. If you dont like any of my options I given you lol.. then I agree with Opening a Fast Food Service, they do make a grand load on the money! Take wednesday for example, the wednesys that is near where I live makes an income of 33+k every 2 weeks, and that is just that wednesdys alone that lives near me, now their are over what 300 wendys in amercia and more than 50 in my state alone!

Since David or what his name is died, and his daughter now owns she maks more than a trillion I dont know really but I know shes pulling in a **** load of money every month and its real nice, but she owns the company now and I belive she raised up prices and things I read somewhere on it about it anyways I think a Fast Food place would be the best but if you are planning to make sure you cook your meet good, their was someone who died becasue the meat was not cooked good I forget what fast food place it was called but may want to think about the safty issues your company may have!

Oh an incomming, maybe a nice restruant like China Bafa *(sorry for my spelling i suck at it) but may want to think about it

oh or mabye a computer shot, build computer slike alien ware but maybe not as high of a price as they do heh, Im going to submit this post before my computer crashes (and i have to retype all of this up) or I come up with some lame ideas...

Good luck! I wish I had cash like that lol

Hello Stanwy,

You are comparing two different fast foods here. One is a franchise which costs five hundred thousand - one million dollars to start. I've done a business plan on both Tim Hortons/Wendys. Opening a fast food business would be a bad idea if it's not a franchise. It's really hard and as my mother is an accountant I've seen lots of fast food companies go out of business after two years.

First, $25,000 even $50,000 is not enough to start a small/private fast food business. You will have rent to pay for every month, all the gas bills, heating, water etc this alone would be a few thousand for the first month. These sort of business are very difficult to become established and takes a lot of hard work.

You have to find out the market size and market size does not mean the competion. You'll have to find a good location which even then you will have to becareful. For example a friend of ours opened a cafe in a fairly expensive area. He wanted to build a patio where the people could sit outside in the summer. However, he was confined to a small amount of space and there was nothing he could do because of the sidewalk/some trees which he was not allowed to cut down.

And surely you will not be the only cook in your restuarant? are you going to be the cook, cashier, waiter and cleaner? plus do all the closing/opening?

The best place for people to invest their money, is real estate, by far. Then again, what sort of home/condo/apartment could you get for $25,000? unless you use this as down payment and then mortage the home and rent it out for a few years until it's paid off. Now, when you sell that home 10 years from now for example, $350,000-$400,000 and only invested $25,000 your making a good $300,000+ investment. It's a secure investment, however, you have to ensure that you have the money to get into real estate. Nonetheless, you will still have to be pre-approved for the mortage etc.

The reason it's a secure investment and profitable is for the mere fact that people will always need a place to stay. And with time the cost of living is going up. Therefore, maybe now rent for a standard condo is $1,200-$1,400 a month, however, within 2-5 years it may be $1,500-$1,900 a month. So, say you have a mortage of $680 a month for your home/condo (depending on what sort of down payment you made) and are renting it out for $1,200 a month. Then your condo/home will be paid off by someone else and none of your initial money is required. The only money required will be the initial down payment.

See your mortage will remain the same, however, the rent fees will go up. Also, with a good down payment, even if you are not able to get someone to rent the new home for a month you know you will be able to afford that $680 a month. Nonetheless, with condos/apartments there are usually maintaince fees which are not include on the $680/month payments. However, these maintaince fees include gas, heating, water etc. In some cases it does not include hydro etc. But in most cases the maintaince fee covers these things.

Also, research the area you are purchasing the the property. Is it clean, safe and is it close to everyones daily necessities? How old are the homes/condos? how much were they originally marked up at and by how much have their value gone up in the past five years?

Anyways, this is simply my advice and it is something i'm doing from a young age.

13,000.00 GBP
    United Kingdom Pounds = 24,089.02 USD
    United States Dollars
    1 GBP = 1.85300 USD 1 USD = 0.539665 GBP

xe.com

Two Words

Chocolate Milk

Id Spend it all on ALCHAHOL. lol

Wouldnt it be great to run a pub?

Hi John. I'm from Dublin.

Can you buy cheap houses in Belfast (or Derry) city centre for 13k?

You know, dodgy council houses...

15 years ago, you can buy a sh*thole in Dublin city centre for maybe 30k. Now they're worth maybe 500k.

The same could happen up north?

Re: If you had £13,000 what would you invest it in?

Originally posted by John D
    I have got a bit of money that I would like to invest, £13,000.

Any ideas people?
    Invest in top-quality domain names.

Hey,
    There have been some great suggestions and I have written them all down to research them more.

I have one other idea which I think could also work well, there is only one computer shop in my area and they are very expensive.

My idea is a computer/electronic shop.
    Mainly for PCs/laptops/ Peripherals and mobile phones.

I have access to these at great wholesale prices and I know the profit margin would be very high, I just need to make sure there is a good enough market for it.

This is something I can get organised at home before I start to rent retail space in the city.
    I have contacted a number of companies that let retail space to get quotes but I haven't heard anything back.

Anyone know where I can get a rough idea of how much space costs?
    I am in Derry, Northern Ireland.
    I know it is different for every city and location but I have nothing to go by right now.

Thanks
    John
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

What sort of investment? Long or short term?

Just throw it in a 5% savings account such as ING or First Direct is the safest bet!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Stocks, Bonds, or I'd invest more into my company.
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

Very long term, but I would mainly like to use it as a start for another business.

I can likely make it grow a lot more than with a savings account.

I had money split up in different accounts before but £15,000 was only getting roughly £15/month - Very low anyway.

I wouldn't put it into stocks or bonds because I don't know anything about it and I would like to know something about what I invest it in.

There are a few businesses that I have been thinking about and I could get more to put into them, but I just have to find the right business that will work well in my area.

Thanks
    John
    John Diver

Please may I have it?

No.

John Diver

I would invest it by moving to United-States Or you can open a Krispy Kreme

Or invest on ebay :x
    Last edited by RandyT; 05-18-2005 at 07:11 PM.

I would start a cutting edge business like Mannatech. With that starting capital you would be able to jump start your business and be really profitable in just a couple of months.

This would be a way to leverage your self and not have to manage your sandwich shop. Or you could start one up for the fun of it.

It is a lot more fun running a business because you enjoy it vs. you need to make ends meet.

Just my $.02

Ummm donuts... Makes lots of money over here Or a big hit rignt now is Starbucks!

If You put a Cob shop in a nice location, you would become pretty succesfull,

Put it next to a Big factory, or office or something, and your in business =)

Or just get a vending truck or w.e its called. They just go around big buisness areas with factories and sell food on them. Looks like they make alot of money around here but because no one wants to put a McDonalds around it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12