View Poll Results: What current windows server management do you have?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not use a windows management company, and do not plan on doing so in the near future.

5 71.43%
  • I do not now have windows management, but plan on it soon.

1 14.29%
  • I do have windows management and I'm paying under $50/month/server.

1 14.29%
  • I do have windows management and I'm paying under $80/month/server.

0 0%
  • I do have windows management and I'm paying under $100/month/server.

0 0%
  • I do have windows management and I'm paying over $100/month/server.

0 0%

24/7 Windows Server Administration/Management

We are looking starting to offer Windows hosting, and were interested in users experiences with Windows management/administration companies. Which company are you currently using for windows management? How much are you paying? How is the service? What control panels are supported? Where could they improve their service?
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Cloud/VPS Plans Dedicated Servers

I view this as an underhanded attempt at self promotion.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

How is that? We don't offer windows server management, nor do we yet to offer windows hosting. We are doing research into windows hosting.
    Web Hosting

I personally think market testing should be done in alternate ways, but that said I don't use any windows administration companies but I also do not have any personal windows boxes on the net.

//Well unless my home system needs management sometime soon but doubtful.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Originally posted by crucialx
    How is that? We don't offer windows server management, nor do we yet to offer windows hosting. We are doing research into windows hosting.
    When you start out with We are looking starting to offer it really touches on a grey area. I think your research could be performed in a more descrete manner, simply because you WILL be offereing it, in the near future.

And this is why I call it backhanded. Someone searches http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

and they see 24/7 Windows Server Administration/Management

Your methods of self pomotion are quite tricky.

As clearly stated, we are looking into windows hosting. If you didn't realise what forum this was in, its the dedicated server forum, not the web hosting forum.

We have no reason to come up in the search results on WHT, our client base is 99% non-WHT based. The title is a clear description of what I am asking about, not anything to do with trying to appear in search results.

Its great to see how you attack requests for opinions on service providers. Maybe you shouldn't make rash judgements before reading the post thoroughly.

We have no reason to advertise on WHT for a product are not currently offering, and may never offer! When/if we ever do offer windows hosting and we do decide to advertise on WHT (quite unlikely) then we will pay for ad placement, not start back handed threads.

I'm not going to waste my time any further trying to defend a legitimate request for user feedback on their current management services, but rather hope I actually get some useful replies.
    Last edited by crucialx; 05-12-2005 at 01:56 PM.
    Web Hosting

I'm not going to waste my time any further trying to defend a legitimate request for user feedback on their current management services, but rather hope I actually get some useful replies.
    Ok, I'll give you a pass.....Since the Community Leaders are, too....

Tell us, what research did you arrive at before you made the post? Do you already have a list of companies you want to discuss?

I have done a search on google, as well as on these forums, but it really doesn't bring up many results. I've heard Alertserv.com is quite good, but doesn't look they do 24/7 support, and their pricing is not listed on their site. Other than Alertserv I have not been able to find any other recognised companies offering windows support, hence my reason for posting this thread so that we could receive recommendations.
    Web Hosting

My two cents for what its worth...

crucialx has 1683 posts, and today he posts a question asking people their opinions on a service. I've seen similar posts of people asking questions about starting web hosting companies here, and got positive responses.

I'm not at all familiar enough with crucialx enough to say what his motives are, and perhaps I am missing something, but looking at this post for what it appears to be at first glance, I think he is just doing some research, and I wish him luck with it.

I would give you the following suggestions

Make sure you have really top notch experts available to you, sure you can have a whiz kid install IIS or something, but when things go wrong you really need an expert on staff if you intend to offer full management.

If you offer management, it is generally not a good idea to give the user Administrator access to the server, and if you do, then charge more, or screen your clients. Making things work is one thing, cleaning up the mess of an inexperienced user is another.

Subscribe to Microsoft, and other security related newsletters, by managing servers you will be required to insure the security and reliability of the servers.

Redundancy, Backups, Security.

For pricing information, I'd say to act like a client and get some quotes and see what they offer for what price.

Best of luck

I've heard Alertserv.com is quite good, but doesn't look they do 24/7 support, and their pricing is not listed on their site. .

I think Jay Suds sucked up alertserve.com and all of Jim's spare time for http://handynetworks.com which very good Windows/Helm shop. We all had the pleasure of dinner in Dallas about 6 weeks ago, and I think that was the way things were headed.

A really good management group, PTAdmin, formerly bought out by Jim Hunt of Alertserve, has recently reactivated under the name of LayerBlue.

You will hear more about LayerBlue soon, but you may want to contact that member directly.

Take-IT-EZZI, thanks for the advice, I'm aware that there are quite a few freelance windows admins available, but we are looking for a more reputable companies able to offer 24/7 support.

I'll see if I can get in contact with Jim to see what he can offer. The layerblue you are referring to, is that layerblue.com?
    Web Hosting