vBulletin 3.5.0 is coming out :)

vBulletin will release their new version of vB 3.5.0 in early June. With the new release i think it will kick ***

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138544

Hooks and Plugins
    Inline Moderation
    AJAX Integration
    Template History and Comparison
    Data APIs (Data Managers)

The Plugins, Template Comparison and AJAX looks very promising

Hooks and Plugins
    That is going to rock! No more reinstalling hacks after this upgrade
    Dave

* Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

Beta is coming out towards end of this month (yes, I'm aware they said next month in the thread, but my sources says otherwise). I can't wait to get my hands on it to give it a test drive
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38

I cannot wait! It will make installing hacks so much simpiler.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

They are copying invision with the ajax thing...

Originally posted by Criminal#58369
    They are copying invision with the ajax thing...
    Which forum software came out with the quick reply first? Does it matter? No. Does most forum software have it? Yes. Everybody copies everybody.
    I am pretty sure vB has its code much different than ipb.
    Dave

This just makes vB MUCH better than it is now. They have it all - fast friendly support and great improvements!

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hmm looks good will have to wait and see how it performs rather than just watching a video of it before i make any changes!
    James Chillman -UK Backup Limited
    www.ukbackup.com- Online Backup Offsite Backup, Backup Software

VBULL IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for this update!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Sweeet!

That'll put WHT more then one whole version behind...

I need a new pair of pants... Really though, this is amazing - I've been wanting code hooks in vBulletin since I got it - and now its finally here
    No more reinstalling hacks every time they update...

I wonder how many hacks are going to be transferred over? What about the 3.x's that haven't updated for a year+? (v3Arcade)

hooks and plugin rock big time!
    30 min repatch of hack is reduce to less than 5 min update with this new feature!
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

Nice new features, lets hope WHT updates to vB 3.5 .

chrikey i cant believe some of you are orgasaming over a piece of forum software who cares and after all even if you spend the money on one its no good unless someone uses it, I have seen and i bet i could still see the vast majority of people that hang around on the main VB support board extolling the virtues of this unremarkable software have less than 10 people on their own boards lol what is the point...

I can't wait. I love vB

Originally posted by phill2003
    chrikey i cant believe some of you are orgasaming over a piece of forum software who cares and after all even if you spend the money on one its no good unless someone uses it, I have seen and i bet i could still see the vast majority of people that hang around on the main VB support board extolling the virtues of this unremarkable software have less than 10 people on their own boards lol what is the point...
    I run a board with 1.5 million posts so far, and about 500 people online at any moment. I love the reduction in time required for routine administrative tasks that the OP indicates.

I'm excited. If you're not used to being part of a team of mods keeping a site going, I can see why you wouldn't see the big deal though.

I also own a somewhat large, up and coming forum - with over 200 new posts a day and 10 new members a day (Increasing every day)... The features in 3.5 will make my life a LOT easier - especially the new upgrade / hack installation

Originally posted by DavidL
    Which forum software came out with the quick reply first? Does it matter? No. Does most forum software have it? Yes. Everybody copies everybody.
    I am pretty sure vB has its code much different than ipb.
    I agree with you 100%. But Matt Mecham, the CEO of IPS, is a bit of whiner about these kinds of things. Comments he made on his blog are as follows...

http://ips2.blogs.com/matts_blog/200...ow_is_jus.html

I wonder how long it'll take for this feature to be ripped wholesale by an 'un-named' competitor. This blog seems to be a place of inspiration for some, which is nice.
    ...What vB have done is simply take our idea, concept, logic, presentation and procedure and implemented it so blatantly that I actually consider it rude.
    I'm not going to change my development ideals because a competitor took a cheap shot...
    All this whining from a guy who has taken so many features from vB and copied them into IPB. Amazing!
    "I highly suggest you quietly fade away." -President of Invision Power Services, Charles Warner -- PM to me after banning me (a lifetime license holder) for expressing my opinion that IP Dynamic will not sell, and is taking time away from the development of IPB.

Yeah, IPB is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel customer service / maturity wise - what'd you expect?

Staying on topic - I really do love the concept of this; especially AJAX - vBulletin adding it made me do my research, and AJAX is simply brilliant - I'll be using it in everything I make from now on

Matt isn't the only whiner...psoTFX of the phpBB Group has got to have the whiner of the millenium award.

For example, a direct exerption from the source of phpBB 2.1.2 (includes/session.php):
    // Will be keeping my eye of 'other products' to ensure these things don't
    // mysteriously appear elsewhere, think up your own solutions!
    You're right, that is what competition is. Microsoft 'stole' the GUI from Apple who 'stole' it from Xerox. Blah, blah, blah.

vBulletin is still the industry leader, and I don't think any amount of engineering from Invision Power can change that. Their social engineering did them in.

-- HW
    Zen Interactive
    Paid, and VPS Hosting Plans

vBulletin 3.5.0 looks impressive and as a PHP programmer, and ex-vB hacker, the new hacks plugin system is fantastic. The new version will completely set vB far ahead of its competition.
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

Originally posted by Sykoi
    I wonder how many hacks are going to be transferred over? What about the 3.x's that haven't updated for a year+? (v3Arcade)
    Much like the 2.x hacks that were in the same shoes when 3.0 came out; new authors will take over and code them to work with the new version
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38